Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #85
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by talwell View Post
My car has over 600rwhp now - not crank hp. Crank more realistically is about 700hp - that being 274hp over stock.
What was the dyno results? I wasn't talking about crank HP either... for a major upgrade project like you made it sound like, you should be well over 600 rwhp.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #86
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
What was the dyno results? I wasn't talking about crank HP either... for a major upgrade project like you made it sound like, you should be well over 600 rwhp.
I already posted it - the car dyno'd 604rwhp. And no, it should not be well over 600rwhp unless I was planning to do drivetrain and internal engine upgrades. I dont know what you are expecting to see, but 600+ rwhp is alot of power given the upgrades done.

What power are you looking to see from your V6 car? I think you need to look at what people have done and the results given because it seems your expectations are not keyed in on reality.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #87
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Quote:
Almost 1 year later and still running like an animal and 100% flawless. Great job once again goes out to Speed Inc.

Great news on a fantastic project!!!! Stop by our local club too....it would be nice to check out your beast!!!!

www.chicago5thgen.com
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #88
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
You're right talwell. I know someone who had the same mods done at redline and is putting out 600rwhp. Go ahead on!

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #89
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
I already posted it - the car dyno'd 604rwhp. And no, it should not be well over 600rwhp unless I was planning to do drivetrain and internal engine upgrades. I dont know what you are expecting to see, but 600+ rwhp is alot of power given the upgrades done.

What power are you looking to see from your V6 car? I think you need to look at what people have done and the results given because it seems your expectations are not keyed in on reality.
I'm not looking to do some minor upgrades that server no purpose. I'm saving up for a massive package that yes, will put 200+ on the car. I'm expecting between 400-500 myself.

I have read the other threads and know exactly what people have gotten. I don't plan on doing anything like what is the norm posted here. Changing out the exhaust, adding a CAI... those aren't major upgrades. Those wont give you want I want.

But like I said... if you got a decent price, 600 flat isn't bad. But for an SS you should be able to crunch more than that. I've seen people claim mid 500's with far less work than you put your car through.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #90
talwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
I'm not looking to do some minor upgrades that server no purpose. I'm saving up for a massive package that yes, will put 200+ on the car. I'm expecting between 400-500 myself.

I have read the other threads and know exactly what people have gotten. I don't plan on doing anything like what is the norm posted here. Changing out the exhaust, adding a CAI... those aren't major upgrades. Those wont give you want I want.

But like I said... if you got a decent price, 600 flat isn't bad. But for an SS you should be able to crunch more than that. I've seen people claim mid 500's with far less work than you put your car through.
John,

I still think you are off - people are not getting mid 500's with far less work. It takes at a very minimum of forced induction and some supporting mods to get 500's. To achieve much higher than what I did requires a supporting drivetrain and lower end modifications.

What you are looking to do with your V6 car is quite a task. To see 200+ hp on your car given the much lower displacement and limited forced induction options is almost impossible at this time. This is not to say that it cannot be done but you are going to have to do alot more work and spend alot more money to get your car to the 200+ over factory mark than I did. You are better off getting a V8 car as there truely is no replacement for displacement.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #91
talwell

Just wanted to put out a good word for Speed Inc. This car is still running like it just rolled off the showroom floor and has not lost as much as one drop of oil.

My next one around will be an LSX twin turbo - Speed Inc can easily do that for me as well.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:48 AM   #92
Larry@Speed Inc.

Drives: 1997 Mystic Teal Z/28
Thanks for the good feedback

if anyone needs anything please don't hesitate to email me anytime larry@speedinc.com
Larry@Speed Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #93
talwell

Just taking another moment to send props out to Speed Inc. They did a great job on my car is still running perfectly with over 600rwhp and 2 1/2 years later.

Certainly consider them if you are considering a serious hp upgrade on your Camaro.