Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-22-2015, 06:18 PM   #85
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Something else and I don't remember when I did it but don't you pay tax when you lease it and then pay tax again when you buy it?
Old 10-22-2015, 06:23 PM   #86
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrivera91 View Post
After everything was said and done the day I went in for my 2SS rs the final price was 43k my lease payments will total $19,755. When the lease is over, written on my contract it says I can buyout the vehicle at the end of the lease for like 22k and some change not sure the exact dollar amount. I will finance that at a 1.9% interest rate like I currently have on my wife's Malibu. So what i am getting at is that i am not going to pay a ton more like some folks here suggest. You have to remember every car is different. So every deal will also be different.
If that $22K buyout figure is correct, that's a sweet deal. I suspect part of the additional 5 G's for me is living in CA. We get hosed in every way. And still stay.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:24 PM   #87
Moto-Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumminxx View Post
Something else and I don't remember when I did it but don't you pay tax when you lease it and then pay tax again when you buy it?
Pretty sure there's tax in the lease. Not sure about the residual. But in gonna find out.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:25 PM   #88
Rahjeir

Drives: 2014 1LT w/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Pretty sure there's tax in the lease. Not sure about the residual. But in gonna find out.
Depends on the state you live in. My state of New Jersey, you pay taxes on the sum of the payments less finance charges. If you choose to buy the car at the end, you also pay tax the buyout amount.

Illinois taxes the full purchase price of the lease as though you purchased the car. The full amount of the tax is due at signing.

Check the state you live in.
Rahjeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 04:24 AM   #89
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumminxx View Post
ok I'll play since I have leased and then purchased and I will never do it again. I wanted a new Cadillac for the lowest payment I could get so here is my story...

I leased a new 07 CTS, GMS price (Dad worked at Chevy) and $4000 down for 36 months at $299 a month. The contracted purchase price at the end of the lease was set at around $26,000

Once the lease was up, I went ahead and bought the car for $26,000. 60 months at around $450 a month. I think it was around a 2% interest rate and I have good credit.

Plain and simple that is how it works. Now, I could have bought the car at the beginning and paid over $600 a month for 60 months but instead I did the above and would have paid those amounts for 96 months and about $5000 more for the car total than if I just bought it at the beginning.

I said "would have" because a deer committed suicide and the caddy was totaled so now I have a 1LE that I bought.

so yea, leasing and then buying will save you money per month but in the end you are paying a lot more for the car.
Man... making car payments for EIGHT YEARS is insane!

Lucky for you, the deer was having a bad day.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:21 AM   #90
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Man... making car payments for EIGHT YEARS is insane!

Lucky for you, the deer was having a bad day.
Yea it was probably a blessing in disguise and a crazy night.

It was a big buck that came out of nowhere, rolled up over the hood, the windshield and the roof. I thought he was going come through the windshield so I ducked, funny how we react naturally. So I stopped. Turned on the hazards and got out looked everything over and the car wasn't all that bad just some front end damage. It would start but it wouldn't stay running. I was away from the car waiting the police and then all of sudden BAM! A drunk hits the car knocking it down into a ditch so that was the icing on the cake. Car is now totaled but hey, now I got my camaro and out of that payment plan.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:23 AM   #91
Moto-Mojo

"Car is now totaled but hey, now I got my camaro and out of that payment plan." It was meant to be!

If I decide to keep my "new" SS, I'll probably put some down on the residual and end up with payments for seven years. Just the price of Camaro poker if ya can't go all in up front I guess.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:30 AM   #92
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueN20Camaro View Post
but since the nation average is nearly at 630 I doubt many on this page do .
Bit of an asshole thing to say don't ya think ? I have good credit and didn't want the payments of an SS.