Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 10:23 AM   #85
Oregon1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Wait, wait, I have this feeling coming over me. No, it passed, I almost gave a crap what others were saying. The picture alone is funny. The OP did not have any clue it belonged to anyone on this forum, and could have been located anywhere in the world. And yes, not every single camaro owner is a member on this forum. Life is too short, everyone walked away, get off the podium and move along.

THANK GOD! Someone see the point! opinion's are like ass**les everyone has one, get over it already! life is way to short to fight over crap that has already happened !

"See the glass half full? , then fill it up!"
Be positive
Old 02-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #86
firedrop

Drives: 2012 2ss/l99 a6, victory red
not sure why the owner is so hurt over this.. im sure you can find humor in it. you and your passengers were not injured in this. that's all that matters in the long run.

CAI, custom catback with flowmaster series 10s
Old 02-16-2014, 10:42 AM   #87
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I'd have to guess that the owner of the car isn't happy about his accident and doesn't need people having a laugh over it. It's not that hard to understand.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #88
Les7311

Drives: 2017 Zl1 (M6)
Send a message via Yahoo to Les7311
Just Curious: Did you really, really had to take the SS out this particular day? Just curious....

Hope it wasn't a trip that could've been avoided, and then this happens...

#CarLooksExtraKleen#

Quote:
Originally Posted by keving2873 View Post
Actually this is my car. The nannies were on and they are not the P-Zero's nice to see that everyone on here will make a joke before wondering is the passengers are ok. The car is in the ditch because I had to avoid a parked car that was literally feet away from where I landed. Had that person not been in the way, I would have made it the rest of the way down. By the time I saw all the cars in the ditch the night before, I was already started down the hill and there was no chance to turn back.

Thanks Pfadt for turning my nightmare into a good Internet joke. Camaro community indeed.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:26 PM   #89
keving2873

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
When I left, there was no snow. Snow came later after I had already left the house. It felt fine on top of the hill, just was forced to brake going down which I didn't want to do, but had to try otherwise I would have send myself and another vehicle down the hill out of control.

Seems as good a thread as any to update on the car though. When the 2 shops started looking at it, they tried starting it. This caused black smoke (understandable since it had been on it's side for 12 hours and the fluids were moving around) and they also heard strange noises. They sent it to a local mechanic to check for engine damage. This was the scariest part because if there was major engine damage, the price to repair may have been more than the value of the car, thus insurance would have totaled it. Luckily the shop has not found any major mechanical issues and the strange noises have stopped.

I still don't find this particular event funny, though I understand the joke in the meme may be funny to some. I do still laugh though, so for those of you that may think I don't have a sense of humor, I assure you it's there. It just won't be showing up when I think about this wreck, or any other for that matter (hopefully there are no others).

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les7311 View Post
Just Curious: Did you really, really had to take the SS out this particular day? Just curious....

Hope it wasn't a trip that could've been avoided, and then this happens...

#CarLooksExtraKleen#
Custom Comp Cam 231/234 114LSA 617/598 lift, Katech timing chain
Apex Catch-can
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
20" Niche Essen's wrapped in Michelin PSS 315/295
Old 02-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #90
11_Camaro

Drives: 2022 Hyundai Veloster N
keving2873, glad that it looks like your car will be fixed.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:39 PM   #91
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
When I left, there was no snow. Snow came later after I had already left the house. It felt fine on top of the hill, just was forced to brake going down which I didn't want to do, but had to try otherwise I would have send myself and another vehicle down the hill out of control.

Seems as good a thread as any to update on the car though. When the 2 shops started looking at it, they tried starting it. This caused black smoke (understandable since it had been on it's side for 12 hours and the fluids were moving around) and they also heard strange noises. They sent it to a local mechanic to check for engine damage. This was the scariest part because if there was major engine damage, the price to repair may have been more than the value of the car, thus insurance would have totaled it. Luckily the shop has not found any major mechanical issues and the strange noises have stopped.

I still don't find this particular event funny, though I understand the joke in the meme may be funny to some. I do still laugh though, so for those of you that may think I don't have a sense of humor, I assure you it's there. It just won't be showing up when I think about this wreck, or any other for that matter (hopefully there are no others).

Thanks,
Yah I would not be laughing either , Glad your car is getting fixed and sounds like you might be adding some better parts to boot , Next winter you might want to consider a set of snows for a few months out of the year , I got a set and have no problems with braking or traction .
Old 02-17-2014, 04:28 PM   #92
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:

Thanks,
Sorry i am late to posting and i just finished reading this entire thread; I know for a fact that there was a huge missunderstanding of what people thought about the whole situation.

I too was in a serious accident bit unfortuneatly for me, my first Camaro was literly cut in half. It was just like your situation, it was a nice day but then went I left to head home, snow had fallen and the roads were terrible. I lost control and an acceptible driving speed and the car hit an oak tree and split the car in half.

Somehow I managed to walk away from the crash literly unharmed. I had to climb out the window as the door was jarred shut, thank goodness the windows were down. The front of the car looked like a ball of paper...

I want to let you know that Im happy your ok as i have had that feeling of shock... and for me, financial strain hoping insurrance would help me out.

I have learned from my mistakes as well, I take full blame for what happened and I was riding on pzeros.

With that sad, my car was in multiple news papers and I had alot of rude comments of how stupid I was for even driving in December (not on Camaro5 just to clear things up).

I opened up to members on here and all I received was positive comments and encouragement of getting over the ordeal. Four years later im still here and its because of the good folks on here.

Again im happy your ok man, hopefully everything is gonna go right for you the way you want it to.

R.I.P killer bee :-( my first camaro :-(

EDIT:Mods, If member keving2873 was offended, I would suggest locking this thread just out of respect. Keving2873, in the future if your up for it please post updates for us maybe in a new thread, im curious to how things turn out.
Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
Old 02-18-2014, 03:20 PM   #93
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
People don't think less of pfadt for posting? I sure do.

Making fun of anyone else's misfortune just isn't funny.

Not one person here would be laughing if it were your car in a ditch. Something you treasure and have invested a hell of a lot of money and time in.

I hope some admin has the sense to delete this thread.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:46 PM   #94
Witwicky
I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE

Drives: 2010 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by brengeek View Post
People don't think less of pfadt for posting? I sure do.

Making fun of anyone else's misfortune just isn't funny.

Not one person here would be laughing if it were your car in a ditch. Something you treasure and have invested a hell of a lot of money and time in.

I hope some admin has the sense to delete this thread.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:19 PM   #95
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by brengeek View Post
Not one person here would be laughing if it were your car in a ditch.
You haven't paid a lot of attention apparently. Plenty of us have laughed at our own misfortune. Even BEYOND what happened to this car in a ditch. Insurance covered it and nobody was hurt.

I'm not arguing that the owner of this car should not be upset. If he is... he is. Nothing wrong with that of course. But this forum is FULL of cases where we laugh at ourselves. Even in WORSE situations. The day of......... ya, maybe most would not be laughing. VERY few would be at the time of the accident. Myself, I could. Laughing makes things easier to handle. Especially if you're financially covered.

People handle things differently.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:40 PM   #96
Misty

Drives: 11 SGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Did you even once for a moment think that the person in this car could have been seriously hurt or killed? Did you ever stop to consider how it would feel to see your car that you had put your heart and soul into post on a forum to be ridiculed and laughed at?

This car happens to belong to a friend of mine. Luckily he and his wife or anyone else involved was not seriously hurt in the accident. Yes, the car is covered by insurance and will be repaired but it is a heartbreaking experience to endure.

You are a vendor. A professional business. SHAME ON YOU! How would you like it if someone where to start posting pictures of your business with disrespectful quotes? I am sure you would be none to happy. This definately does not encourage me to do business with your company or to refer my friends to a company with such disrespect. Next time I suggest you might consider what you are posting before you post especially if you are going to advertise your business and associate it with such a tasteless post.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:20 AM   #97
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2014, 12:31 AM   #98
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
I need to convince the wife to buy a CTS just so I can buy some stuff from Pfadt. Get over yourselves people, crap happens and we make fun of the people it happens to. If I did something stupid with my car, I would bet that it would be all over Camaro5, and I would deserve the ridicule.

Closed Thread

Tags
camaro, parallel, park, snow