Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #1065
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

Hope he's having fun in Cabo.
His A$$ better be at the fest... car or no car...
Old 07-15-2012, 03:02 AM   #1066
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #1067
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
sorry crew..

I have been on vacation since June 28th.... killing it in Traverse City and partying for Cherry Fest. Been either Buzzed or hung over on a boat since then.
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #1068
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
sorry crew..

I have been on vacation since June 28th.... killing it in Traverse City and partying for Cherry Fest. Been either Buzzed or hung over on a boat since then.

Lucky dawg.

Now get that Silverado ready for the important trip.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #1069
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

THEN........

i wrapped up vacation with a bachelor party in Cabo San Lucas...

it was retarded... they should write Hangover 3 on my guys.

If we see anyone having more fun than us... we will always kick it up a notch so we are the ones winning. All inclusive resort.... the RIU. drinks after drinks at the pool then head directly to the club where it was bottles upon bottles in VIP. Thats all fun and good... till you get up the next day and have to go on an ATV tour hungover.

were we had one ATV flip over, another (we may have to buy) gets ran off a 60ft cliff and demolished, the driver had to jump and hang onto a tree to survive..... now after these two accidents you would think some people would learn. No.. more effin around leads to a guy flipping his on the beach and breaking his arm in 22 places.

so what do we do... send him to the hospital with 2 of our doctors, the rest go party at the pool, and start the night all over when he gets back.

the rest of this trip has been edited until the police reports are sorted out.
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #1070
PQ
Booooosted.

<<<<<<<<<<<<< ----------- Wants to party with Kyle. (Kinda ) ..........
Old 07-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #1071
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Holy Crap...

Hell of a vacation..
Old 07-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #1072
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

NOW

back at work... back to reality... realizing I am screwed... coming out of a haze like this sucks. haha

car was running good.. still needed to be fine tuned... was all of 1000hp... was turning heads, making noise. I was "granted" a night with her... so i took her around town, decided to drive it home for the night.... after putting 10 miles on her, i headed home, 3 miles into the 18mi drive....

in boost coming around a corner....

oil pressure his zero... DIC goes nuts, telling me to shut the motor off... within 12 seconds of that needle dropping i was on the side of the road with the motor off.

flat bedded it back to LoveFab at 2am for diagnosis.
Well.. they checked for oil pressure from a few different locations and NOTHING.
We assume either the pump failed or the pickup fell off? (drivetrain is so unbalanced it could have shook loose)

it is the stock LS3 Oil Pump. They tell me it is not related to anything they did, but there is only 30 miles on this car since the turbos and never had an oil issue before. Coincidence? probably.. my luck. They did install a custom oil cooler, but they said it was not clogged and was working fine, oil temps were normal.

We do not know if any engine damage occured, but first look into the dipstick... shows no metal shavings. We will change the oil to make sure we do not see any.

unfortunatly because we are 3 months behind schedule and 7k over budget I have no money to swap the oil pump... from what I hear either the motor needs to be pulled out or the motor and trans can drop from underneath.... either way its lots of labor that I cant pay.... They offered to trailer it to my house though.... yay!

so when i get home this weekend i will figure out the next steps....
def will not have the car at the fest...
car will probably sit until next year to tell you the truth.
pretty upset about this.... you put 80k into a car and when it still does not run... i just look back and say wow.... i effed up somewhere along the line. hahaha.

I will be at the fest though... wouldnt miss it. I need some loving from you guys. and crown royal

i just hope my motor is not trashed.

Last edited by Kyle.Gilmour; 07-16-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #1073
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
NOW

back at work... back to reality... realizing I am screwed... coming out of a haze like this sucks. haha

car was running good.. still needed to be fine tuned... was all of 1000hp... was turning heads, making noise. I was "granted" a night with her... so i took her around town, decided to drive it home for the night.... after putting 10 miles on her, i headed home, 3 miles into the 18mi drive....

oil pressure his zero... DIC goes nuts, telling me to shut the motor off... within 12 seconds of that needle dropping i was on the side of the road with the motor off.

Well.. they checked for oil pressure from a few different locations and NOTHING.
We assume either the pump failed or the pickup fell off? (drivetrain is so unbalanced it could have shook loose)

it is the stock LS3 Oil Pump. They tell me it is not related to anything they did, but there is only 30 miles on this car since the turbos and never had an oil issue before. Coincidence? Maybe. They did install a custom oil cooler, but they said it was not clogged and was working fine, oil temps were normal.

We do not know if any engine damage occured, but first look into the dipstick... shows no metal shavings. We will change the oil to make sure we do not see any.

unfortunatly because we are 3 months behind schedule and 7k over budget I have no money to swap the oil pump... from what I hear either the motor needs to be pulled out or the motor and trans can drop from underneath.... either way its lots of labor that I cant pay.... They offered to trailer it to my house though.... yay!

pretty upset about this.... you put 80k into a car and when it still does not run... i just look back and say wow.... i effed up somewhere along the line. hahaha.

I will be at the fest though... wouldnt miss it. I need some loving from you guys. and crown royal

It would be really hard for me not to start tearing into that myself. hahaha Take the plugs out and rotate the engine by hand a few times and shit like that. Compression test and leakdown test. Just for some piece of mind for myself.

If you heard no noise and stopped the car that fast then that's a good sign so far.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #1074
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
<<<<<<<<<<<<< ----------- Wants to party with Kyle. (Kinda ) ..........
Wants to start an intervention for Kyle...get him into some sort of 12 step program.

Quote:
it is the stock LS3 Oil Pump. They tell me it is not related to anything they did, but there is only 30 miles on this car since the turbos and never had an oil issue before. Coincidence? Maybe. They did install a custom oil cooler, but they said it was not clogged and was working fine, oil temps were normal.
I think they definitely should've changed the oil pump. Look at a Melling.

Sorry you're having to go through all this bro. Between you, Randy and Emma I think I could write a book.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #1075
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
damn brother - I heard spattering of all this crap but haven't had a chance to call you.
Will try sometime this week - I leave for Florida Friday so maybe form the beach down there.

Keep your head up and we'll talk soon -
Old 07-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #1076
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Sorry you're having to go through all this bro. Between you, Randy and Emma I think I could write a book.
I'm juuuuuuuust a little underpowered on that list. haha

Half the power yet all the problems. lol
Old 07-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #1077
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Sorry to hear that Kyle, I KNOW that you have gone through tooooo much with this car !! Don't give up, things will start going your way !!!

See ya in a couple of weeks !!

K
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #1078
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
NOW

I'm very surprised that you have an LS3 oil pump on a 427ci. engine. When my LSX-LS7 was built, that was one of the items on the list that was identified right away that needed to be changed.
Sorry, to hear about this man, I know you've been trying to get this beast going for quite some time.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
427, camaro of the week, detroit, gilmour, texigan, the circle, the mother of all twins