Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #99
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
The ARK DTS exhaust is great! Handles rasp and drone very well. Just remember that the videos posted here from SIXJAK also included headers, which make a big big difference in the sound.
Oh yeah, I am planning a full exhaust. BBK LT headers and hi-flow cats, was just trying to settle on a good cat back.
Really wanted to handle the rasp issue and have a deeper, mellow tone. Hated the rasp from my 2001 Grand Prix GT.

to be honest I REALLY want the Meisterschaft mufflers. But I can almost build my whole system for that price.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!

Last edited by mpiersd; 04-11-2013 at 06:26 PM.
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #100
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiersd View Post
Oh yeah, I am planning a full exhaust. BBK LT headers and hi-flow cats, was just trying to settle on a good cat back.
Really wanted to handle the rasp issue and have a deeper, mellow tone. Hated the rasp from my 2001 Grand Prix GT.

to be honest I REALLY want the Meisterschaft mufflers. But I can almost build my whole system for that price.
Oh, well then congrats my friend, as you will have one of the best sounding setups there is for the V6 Not that we need em (since videos of that setup do exist) , but if you do decide to make videos we'd love to hear them.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #101
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
I am still wanting to get this exhaust I wonder if it wound different with an automatic though.
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #102
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Man I hope the ark n2 will sound good with LTs. Still can't find anyone near me with the set up.
If its not to my liking I will probably buy the DTS.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #103
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
There are vids on the forum with that set up... and yes the guy had an auto.

Check the exhaust sticky its in there.
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #104
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Does any one have a vid of LTs with the cut outs ?

Tapata
Old 06-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #105
Saint_Shroomie

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Does anyone have the knowledge to make a comparison volume wise just cruising around town between the Ark DTS and an MRT V1? I tried the V1 and got burned by both drone and the loudness. I still want a nice sound outta my car though, just not one that sets off the neighbors car alarm. Anyone know which one is louder?
Saint_Shroomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #106
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_Shroomie View Post
Does anyone have the knowledge to make a comparison volume wise just cruising around town between the Ark DTS and an MRT V1? I tried the V1 and got burned by both drone and the loudness. I still want a nice sound outta my car though, just not one that sets off the neighbors car alarm. Anyone know which one is louder?
MRT V1 is louder and has more drone for sure.

ARK DTS is the quieter of their two exhaust systems for the V6. Without headers, it is fairly tame and smooth with limited drone. With headers, it adds a nice growl that otherwise is pretty smooth.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #107
Saint_Shroomie

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
MRT V1 is louder and has more drone for sure.

ARK DTS is the quieter of their two exhaust systems for the V6. Without headers, it is fairly tame and smooth with limited drone. With headers, it adds a nice growl that otherwise is pretty smooth.
Thanks for the feedback. This might seem like a silly question, but I'm not sure how else to phrase it. Can the DTS be kept to a rather casual volume while cruising through town? The V1 felt like it was racing time, all the time! But for me I just want racing time, every now and then. Most of my time is either spent on the highway, which is why I can't stand drone, or cruising around the neighborhood.

Does anyone have an Ark DTS that lives in Maryland? I would love to hear it in person, if at all possible.
Saint_Shroomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #108
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Yes, the dts is actually really quiet unless u step on it. I have a borla which is one of the quieter exhausts and I did it for the reasons u mentioned. I travel a lot so drone would've sucked for me but this exhaust is quiet when cruising and only gets loud at wide open throttle. The dts wil be the same way

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote