Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #99
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibbyGil View Post
Please sir, show me exactly where I can have oem quality headlights for 300 dollars. If you can, I will send you a check for the difference. Good luck
Do a retrofit. The parts are 270 bucks for the low end and around 400 for top of the line. I had Infiniti fx45 headlights all OEM stuff from Infiniti for under 300. Want me to PM you my address??
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #100
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingReality View Post
Man im glad i didnt buy those. Too small of halos.
They are not as thick as the OEM RS headlghts, but they still look extremely good!!!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #101
C586
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitinas View Post
Are you calling spec d tuning chinese quality?
Look at them. Of course I am. They are all made in the same place and sold under different names. The HID kit they come with is worth about 10 bucks.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #102
GibbyGil

Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
Do a retrofit. The parts are 270 bucks for the low end and around 400 for top of the line. I had Infiniti fx45 headlights all OEM stuff from Infiniti for under 300. Want me to PM you my address??
That's $270 for the projectors, plus you have to pay $75-150 for an HID kit and that's not even with halos. Halos are gonna cost you like $50 and then you have to put it all together yourself which includes baking your headlights. Either that or you pay someone EVEN MORE money to do it for you. Since I'm on a budget, I think I'll stick to my $289 headlights that seem to work fine for everybody else.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #103
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Okay , so the first MOD I want to do is to switch out my non RS. So apparently this is a touchy issue, where would I go to buy a set.
Sapper12b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:48 AM   #104
C586
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibbyGil View Post
That's $270 for the projectors, plus you have to pay $75-150 for an HID kit and that's not even with halos. Halos are gonna cost you like $50 and then you have to put it all together yourself which includes baking your headlights. Either that or you pay someone EVEN MORE money to do it for you. Since I'm on a budget, I think I'll stick to my $289 headlights that seem to work fine for everybody else.
Hmmm. To bad that price includes an HID kit. And it takes about 2 hours to do a retro on a 5th gen. You can have your junk Chinese eBay headlights. Then you throw a crap HID kit in it that has a halogen projector and have cool blue blinding light. Lol. Even based on your scenario you get 10 times the light output for 50 bucks more maybe?? Good try defending garbage lights though.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:49 AM   #105
C586
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper12b View Post
Okay , so the first MOD I want to do is to switch out my non RS. So apparently this is a touchy issue, where would I go to buy a set.
Search on doing a retrofit. Eagle eyes are great to look at but driving with them is even or worse than stock. A retro is the same price for OEM quality lighting and performance.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #106
Zyzz_Brah

Drives: LS2 Goat
Quote:
Search on doing a retrofit. Eagle eyes are great to look at but driving with them is even or worse than stock. A retro is the same price for OEM quality lighting and performance.
what are you talking about man?? i have a friend of mine who drives with them and ive driven his car and those headlights are just as good as oem or anything THEY LIGHT UP YOUR ROAD INFRONT OF YOU. which is the purpose now you want headlights that adjust as you drive and show you the hidden ninjas infront of you....you got the wrong car man.

idk how people can complain...all i can complain is HID to NON HID. LOL.
Zyzz_Brah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #107
C586
Account Suspended

But for less than the cost of those crap housings you can have OEM quality stuff designed for HID. Once you use something quality you will see a huge difference. My mini has headlights that move around. It's nice but I don't see the big deal. I didn't have to retrofit. Just played around with the bulb and lens spacing. But anyway go drive a Infiniti fx45 and tell me eagle eyes are better.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #108
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
But for less than the cost of those crap housings you can have OEM quality stuff designed for HID. Once you use something quality you will see a huge difference. My mini has headlights that move around. It's nice but I don't see the big deal. I didn't have to retrofit. Just played around with the bulb and lens spacing. But anyway go drive a Infiniti fx45 and tell me eagle eyes are better.
what does an Infiniti have to do with Camaro headlights? you think they're cheap Chinese crap...fine, we get it
Old 12-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #109
C586
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryman77 View Post
what does an Infiniti have to do with Camaro headlights? you think they're cheap Chinese crap...fine, we get it
If you read what I posted for the price of eagle yes you can have the headlight system from an Infiniti fx45 in your camaro.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #110
sonnydurden

I guess the question is how do we know for a fact that the Eagle Eye housing is of worst quality than the OEM's???.... Are their any complaints from Eagle Eye consumers?...
Old 12-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #111
C586
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
I guess the question is how do we know for a fact that the Eagle Eye housing is of worst quality than the OEM's???.... Are their any complaints from Eagle Eye consumers?...
I've used them. People that own eagle eyes are fooled by their look. If you drive a stock car and a eagle eye car back to back its noticeable. Ever put on a cold air intake and went "wow that made a huge difference in power"?? Same thing. An intake won't make that much of a perceivable difference but people think it does. Same thing with eagle eyes. You can replicate the look of eagle eyes and have amazing light output an make it custom for the same price. Eagle eye uses a cheap projector just like all other eBay housings. Cheap chrome in the bowl and loose tolerances in the projector itself. I've replaced them with quality projectors for people that bought eagle eyes and where disappointed in their performance.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #112
sonnydurden

Quote:
I've used them. People that own eagle eyes are fooled by their look. If you drive a stock car and a eagle eye car back to back its noticeable. Ever put on a cold air intake and went "wow that made a huge difference in power"?? Same thing. An intake won't make that much of a perceivable difference but people think it does. Same thing with eagle eyes. You can replicate the look of eagle eyes and have amazing light output an make it custom for the same price. Eagle eye uses a cheap projector just like all other eBay housings. Cheap chrome in the bowl and loose tolerances in the projector itself. I've replaced them with quality projectors for people that bought eagle eyes and where disappointed in their performance.
Ahh...I see. I went ahead and bought Ofer's RS Headlights and harness....not because I didnt like the Eagle Eyes...its just that I like OEM halo better...its thicker