Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #113
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by jol13 View Post
Finally went to dealership to have them look at my cracked dash. They told me that GM is redesigning the dash as it appears others have had the same problem, and the dash would not be available for a couple of months. However, once available, replacement will be covered under warranty.

that would be nice....mine is just over three years...out of warranty I guess....but it only has 8k miles and it is always garage kept when she's not out........... not cool
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #114
ricardopk
DOJO

Drives: 2010 BLACK/CAMARO LS COUPE
Went to my dealer today and they took a look at the crack forming on the dash of my Camaro.
The first thing the service advisor said after apologizing for this misfortune was
Were going to take care of this for you.
I feel very fortunate this time and will pay closer attention to the expatriation date of my warranty in the future or better yet buy the extension that was offered.
Was told they will keep car approximately three days once dash arrives and appointment is set up. They assured me the job will be done right and I will be satisfied. I have no reason not to believe them.
Once this is fixed I'm thinking I should maybe trade up to the '12 or '13 model
just to have warranty coverage again.
ricardopk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #115
jol13

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
That's great that they found that it was being redesigned. Please let us knoo how everything goes once you get it replaced.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
I took my car to the dealership yesterday to have a bad hub bearing replaced. They told me that the dash had come in and they replaced it along with the bearing. I've only put about 8 miles on the car since picking it up last night, but I haven't noticed any rattles or vibrations in the dash, which I was concerned about. Also, the dealership didn't have to remove the windshield to replace the dash. They did put a small scratch in the windshield though (inside). Probably about a quarter of an inch long, oh well. I may ask my regular mechanic if it can be buffed out. I'm not sure if there is actually a structural or design difference between the new dash and old one, I guess time will tell. It took a little less than 5 hours to do the bearing and dash.
jol13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #116
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jol13 View Post
I took my car to the dealership yesterday to have a bad hub bearing replaced. They told me that the dash had come in and they replaced it along with the bearing. I've only put about 8 miles on the car since picking it up last night, but I haven't noticed any rattles or vibrations in the dash, which I was concerned about. Also, the dealership didn't have to remove the windshield to replace the dash. They did put a small scratch in the windshield though (inside). Probably about a quarter of an inch long, oh well. I may ask my regular mechanic if it can be buffed out. I'm not sure if there is actually a structural or design difference between the new dash and old one, I guess time will tell. It took a little less than 5 hours to do the bearing and dash.

Thank you for the update. We are glad everything worked out. However, the dealership may be able to do this for you as well. Have you told them about the small scratch?

Brandon
Old 12-14-2012, 04:04 AM   #117
tainoxl

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
Well, more bad news. After dropping my car off at the dealership on Monday, I just got a call yesterday to pick my car back up because the replacement dash was defective. Now I'm a bit annoyed. It took over two months to get a new dash and now it will be over 2 more months to get another.
tainoxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:57 AM   #118
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by tainoxl View Post
Well, more bad news. After dropping my car off at the dealership on Monday, I just got a call yesterday to pick my car back up because the replacement dash was defective. Now I'm a bit annoyed. It took over two months to get a new dash and now it will be over 2 more months to get another.

At least they are fixing it, Relax life could be worse.

I will go out and look at mine today but it looks like this problem is more on the 2010's right now. I have had my car for two years as of this month. I'm guessing we could see the 2011 guys chiming in more often soon..

Glad to see there is a redesign on the dash..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #119
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
I would like to set up a case and look into this for you. I just need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership name. I look forward to your response!

Brandon
Old 12-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #120
tainoxl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
At least they are fixing it, Relax life could be worse.

I will go out and look at mine today but it looks like this problem is more on the 2010's right now. I have had my car for two years as of this month. I'm guessing we could see the 2011 guys chiming in more often soon..

Glad to see there is a redesign on the dash..
Well, this is costing me money as I loose hours at work to drop and pick the car up
I have to leave work early. Yeah time is money I don't like loosing money.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #121
tainoxl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I would like to set up a case and look into this for you. I just need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership name. I look forward to your response!

Brandon
Thanks Brandon for your help, I do have a case open with GM they have been in contact with me through the whole process. They are working with the Dealer to see what went wrong. Again thanks for your help.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #122
Dupontdon24

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Dang, washing car and notice crack in the same spot. Get to go to local dealer and let them have a look.
Dupontdon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #123
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Well, this is costing me money as I loose hours at work to drop and pick the car up
I have to leave work early. Yeah time is money I don't like loosing money.

I know and understand I don't like it either. I was just saying life can be a lot worse. Hell look at the senseless shooting of children today!!

It's just a dash at the end of the day, and it will get fixed, the parents of those children will not get fixed..

Peace brother!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #124
godeepdown
Jeremy Frye

Drives: 2016 Hyper blue 1SS
Another one here, just like the original pics. 34,000 miles. gonna go to the dealer Monday morning. I wonder if it is going to mess up my footwell lighting and scanner light wiring when they replace the dash. Bummer :(
godeepdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #125
ricardopk
DOJO

Drives: 2010 BLACK/CAMARO LS COUPE
Picked my car up today after a three day dash replacement.
I feel very fortunate that my dealership covered this defect under warranty
as I'm two months past my warranty expiration date. I hope it works out for the rest of you having this same problem.
A big thanks to CHAMPION CHEVROLET CADILLAC in Johnson City, Tn.,and Service Manager,Mark Leonard.

ricardopk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #126
godeepdown
Jeremy Frye

Drives: 2016 Hyper blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardopk View Post
Picked my car up today after a three day dash replacement.
I feel very fortunate that my dealership covered this defect under warranty
as I'm two months past my warranty expiration date. I hope it works out for the rest of you having this same problem.
A big thanks to CHAMPION CHEVROLET CADILLAC in Johnson City, Tn.,and Service Manager,Mark Leonard.

So how does it look? I am nervouse having the whole dash ripped out.
godeepdown is offline   Reply With Quote