Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #113
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
I am still upset about the delay because I am a whinner but this is harsh.

new model years are going to get new features this is a given.

The 1LE gets the standard wheels from the ZL-1 this is not a huge deal. the 1LE should be looked at as a positive. I will be a better handling and a bit quicer SS due to gearing for what sounds like a decent price.

I think poeple are frustrated and lashing out. I mean the 1 LE is not going out perform a ZL-1 and it does not really look any more like a ZL-1 than a SS IMO. not like any of that should matter but it seems to have people talking. it is alot less money but it is alot less car in some ways. To me this is the car people have been asking for - the LS7.

I would rather have A ZL-1 I than a 1Le still. I would buy a 1 LE over SS. all seems as it should be. to me the only thing I would have like them do with the 1Le is up the power a hair. a 1LE with an LS7 and I would be conflicted right now.
I have to agree with Hognutz, the 1LE falls perfectly between the SS and the the ZL1. Better handling with the 1LE with decent gas milage and no GG Tax. However...If Chevy had offered a 1LE package with MR3, 6 Piston Brembos, HD rearend and LS7 engine for $45,000.00, I would have had to take a minute to really compare the two cars together. I really do not need 580HP to run to the grocery store and even 505HP might be considered a tad much as a grocery getter for some. The 426HP 1LE will be a great addition to the Camaro lineup and one that is needed. But, I really do not feel that it will directly conflict against the ZL1. Just an old farts opinion.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #114
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Let me assure those of you reading this: Janet can take you around the track at Spring Mountain Motorsports Park - and most will scream like 'lil school girls. This woman can DRIVE! (she's featured in some of our old Autoshow SS videos.......)

Disciples:

8 men
7 women
2 Canadians
the rest from various states

When we started: Youngest was 20 - oldest was ........well........I ain't sayin.....

All four Generations of Camaros were represented AS WAS Firebird and Corvette. (Janet is our "Corvette" representative....) (and she's patiently awaiting her ZL1 which is sitting in Oshawa and is "Bro Zeke's" twin brother.....

We have engineers, teachers, software engineers, marketing managers, business owners, Telecommunications engineers, guidance counselors, Service managers, Website owners, Website moderators, Body shop owners, Urban Planners, drag racers, autocrossers, - we even have one that works for NASA!

...suffice it to say that each of the disciples is well-known within their enthusiast communities........and they are all 'rabid' Camaro Enthusiasts.

..and the most amazing part? THEY LOVE EACH OTHER! (they love to get together and celebrate these great cars and trucks....) They are not bashful in telling us what we need to hear........
Wait a minute.... NOBODY from Florida got picked !!! Let me go get my flag out of the garage, THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN !!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #115
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
You can always get one from the dealer after you buy it and change out the head unit, ill be doing that in my 2012
Old 03-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #116
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
When we met our fellow enthusiasts at Camaro5Fests and the Oshawa Homecoming, I lost count of the number of people who raved about how comfortable the Camaro is on a long trip - AND - how, at 70mph you can have a conversation with your passenger in the right front seat using a normal tone of voice.......
THIS!!! 5th gen is the best riding Camaro EVER!!!! Did I say EVER!?!? Oh, wait, I meant EVER!!

Of course, the conversation level depends if you have stock exhaust or not. But with stock exhaust, it still has a bit of an attitude, but it's very quiet. With a bit of sound deadener here and there, it's even quieter.

Don't be discouraged...the ZL1 is worth the wait. It's hard, but they won't have a 2013 either if they don't fix the '12s!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #117
EvilZL1
Snake Eater

Drives: 2012 AGM ZL1
If anyone cancelled their order because of the hold then you are stupid. When everyone gets their ZL1 soon you will be envy of us

Make sure you don’t forget to subscribe to my channel! More content on the way. Like, share with your friends
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Z...sP2wjsLLFeP1zQ

Follow me on instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/snkeatr/
EvilZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #118
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
In my request for your Wish List the Navigation System was the Most Requested item. You have been asking for this and Chevy has been listening.

Janet
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...

Nav was tops on my list!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3TKE View Post
I cancel my order and bought a Vette and I'm so glad I did the Vette is 10 times better than any ZL1 . I bought a centennial edition 2012. GM should've had the car ready before they started taking orders it's ridiculous that six months have gone by and my order still has not been picked up well it's canceled now. and loving the Vette
The beauty of this whole thing is the "true" Camaro enthusiasts are able to pre-order and wait, rather than just have cars show up at the dealership and any Joe off the street who walks up at the right time, lucks out and buys the car with the pretty SST wheels... When it's ready for release the rightful owners will have their cars..

Centennial edition is freakin sweet BTW...
Old 03-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #119
N3TKE

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS CAMARO,72 NOVA
I just think GM should've had the car closer to being ready before they started taking orders. I think it's ridiculous that you have to wait six months or longer to get a Chevy now if it was a Lamborghini, Porsche, Ferrari, or something like that it would be a lot different you may have to wait a year or two but it is a Chevy it's ridiculous! and if there're holding the 2012 for a navigation system that is even more stupid. and when the 2012 come out it will already be a year old. the 2013's will be on the street a couple months later. GM screwed up on this one. you would've thought GM would have learned when they made the 2010. I hope they ship the car soon so every one can be happy that has ordered a ZL1.
N3TKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #120
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Quote:
I just think GM should've had the car closer to being ready before they started taking orders. I think it's ridiculous that you have to wait six months or longer to get a Chevy now if it was a Lamborghini, Porsche, Ferrari, or something like that it would be a lot different you may have to wait a year or two but it is a Chevy it's ridiculous! and if there're holding the 2012 for a navigation system that is even more stupid. and when the 2012 come out it will already be a year old. the 2013's will be on the street a couple months later. GM screwed up on this one. you would've thought GM would have learned when they made the 2010. I hope they ship the car soon so every one can be happy that has ordered a ZL1.
Then you would be pissed and complaint that they didn't let us know about this awesome car and you went and bought something else when SURELY you wouldn't mind waiting, if you just knew this car was in the works.!

No making everyone happy, that is fir sure.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #121
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Actually you wouldn't have to wait that long for a Lambo, Porsche or Ferrari...in fact you could take delivery in the country of origin and drive it for a few days, then have it shipped home.
Then again, once you get it home you will have multiple QC problems that will cost you some big $$$.
OVRKLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #122
GBAZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
2 days later this is a non-issue. Congrats
to those that kept the faith....! Our cars are
coming home & we'll be the envy of all other
car owners for a little while, or a long while,
depending on what the other guy is driving!
GBAZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #123
69 Rebel

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
I am still at 1100 was thinking of changing my order to a 2013 to get the new radio with nav.

Or should i just let the 2012 get built and do that mod later at the dealer?

Decisions decsions.....what do you guys think?