Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-18-2010, 01:35 PM   #113
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Depends your target size imo. If you've got a good sized target 50 yds could be doable. I wouldn't do anything past 50 yds though, wind comes into play more and more the further out you shoot, and you want to remove as many variables as possible when you go to BZO.
Hmmm, ok, well lets assume you are using standard center mass body targets. This would also depend greatly on the type of rifle you are BZOing. I would think for larger cartridges (.308) and longer barrels you would want to stay at least 100 yds out.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #114
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
Wow,I did not know this was here,but now that I do....I have a question.I have a concealed weapons permit and looking for a good,reliable 9MM that will fit inside the Camaro door pouch.I have a S&W 357 and a Beretta 9MM and both are too large to fit the door pouch,any suggestions?
Old 06-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #115
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Yeah, I'm sold on the gun. I just have to get one now.

The ten round mag issue isn't really the deal breaker with this gun and the CA DOJ. Looking into it, I've found that FNH has two different part numbers for this gun. One is for the standard 14/15 round mags, and the other is one with a 10 round mag.

The problem with this particular gun (and with many others) is that it is not on the CA DOJ approved hand gun roster. THAT's why it can't be sold in CA. Now, here's the kicker, it's legal to possess it...........but not legal to sell. I know, weird huh?

There is one way I can get around this. My parents live in Virginia. There is a little known CA provision that states that hand guns can be gifted to a CA resident via parental lineage regardless if they are on the approved hand gun roster or not. So...........if my dad were to happen to buy one of these, and decide that he wanted to give it to me as a gift. All we would have to do is transfer the gun to an FFL and do a PPT. I would then file the appropriate CA DOJ form.

As long as the gun doesn't have features on it that would make it an AW (assault weapon), then the pistol can be transferred legally via private party transfer. Things that make it an AW are hi cap mags, and threaded barrels. So no FNP .45 tac for this guy! But since they make a 10 mag model, that one will be ok. I'm going to "shoot" (pun intended) for the FNP .45 DA/SA USG with the flat dark earth polymer frame.

Todd.
I had no idea my .22 rifle was an assult weapon. lol, I got a 30 round mag in it (see pic above)
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #116
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
Wow,I did not know this was here,but now that I do....I have a question.I have a concealed weapons permit and looking for a good,reliable 9MM that will fit inside the Camaro door pouch.I have a S&W 357 and a Beretta 9MM and both are too large to fit the door pouch,any suggestions?
Check out the Glock 26 or the Springfield XD sub compact 9mm.

Both are very compact, and given a slim profile holster, would fit very nicely in the door pocket.

I'd be worried about drawing though. Especially if you are right handed. Better make sure you are proficient at drawing and aiming with your left hand out of that gunslit window.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #117
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmincamaro View Post
I had no idea my .22 rifle was an assult weapon. lol, I got a 30 round mag in it (see pic above)
lmao, you have no idea! The crap we Californians have to go through just to have a legally configured AR15 is just ridiculous.

No mags over 10 rounds
No pistol grips
No collapsible stocks
No suppressors

These are known as "evil" features, and if your rifle has them, you have to have a "fixed" magazine.

Only way to have a 30 round mag on an AR, is to ditch the pistol grip, and collapsible stock.

it sucks.

Todd.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #118
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Hmmm, ok, well lets assume you are using standard center mass body targets. This would also depend greatly on the type of rifle you are BZOing. I would think for larger cartridges (.308) and longer barrels you would want to stay at least 100 yds out.
Could be, I must admit that the only rifles I've had experience with BZOing have been the M16s.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:44 PM   #119
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Quote:
lmao, you have no idea! The crap we Californians have to go through just to have a legally configured AR15 is just ridiculous.

No mags over 10 rounds
No pistol grips
No collapsible stocks
No suppressors

These are known as "evil" features, and if your rifle has them, you have to have a "fixed" magazine.

Only way to have a 30 round mag on an AR, is to ditch the pistol grip, and collapsible stock.

it sucks.

Todd.

lol, I think I got one of everything on that list.... I'm looking at getting an AR15 in a few months, I'll take a pic of the collapsible stock and my 30 round magazines (or how about one of those 100 rounders?). lol, I'm so glad I don't live in CA. In high school I had to do a project my senior year on a controversial topic. I chose to do it on CCW and learned alllllll about the crap you guy's in CA have to put up with . lol, we had to bring a visual presentation into the class... I asked the teacher if I could bring in an AK-47.... she had no idea what I was talking about
Old 06-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #120
Brokinarrow

Quote:
lol, I think I got one of everything on that list.... I'm looking at getting an AR15 in a few months, I'll take a pic of the collapsible stock and my 30 round magazines (or how about one of those 100 rounders?). lol, I'm so glad I don't live in CA. In high school I had to do a project my senior year on a controversial topic. I chose to do it on CCW and learned alllllll about the crap you guy's in CA have to put up with . lol, we had to bring a visual presentation into the class... I asked the teacher if I could bring in an AK-47.... she had no idea what I was talking about
wow, how sheltered do you have to be to not know what an AK-47 is??
Old 06-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #121
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Quote:
wow, how sheltered do you have to be to not know what an AK-47 is??

I bet she would have gone along with it if I hadn't explained . That woman was crazy. She would......... just like stop......... in the middle.... of a sentence....... and forget what she.....

lol, its a good thing we weren't grading her..... every sentence she said was incomplete due to her forgetting what she was saying.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #122
Brokinarrow

Quote:
I bet she would have gone along with it if I hadn't explained . That woman was crazy. She would......... just like stop......... in the middle.... of a sentence....... and forget what she.....

lol, its a good thing we weren't grading her..... every sentence she said was incomplete due to her forgetting what she was saying.
and yet God forbid we actually fire these people instead of letting them waste tax dollars.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:16 PM   #123
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Quote:
and yet God forbid we actually fire these people instead of letting them waste tax dollars.

I'm pretty sure she was a teacher when she came over on the mayflower.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #124
Brokinarrow

Quote:
I'm pretty sure she was a teacher when she came over on the mayflower.
nice. we had one of those too but our class gave him a minor heart attack that forced him to retire. Not sure if we were actually the cause, he had the heart attack at home, but the guy had a full civil war-style beard, would not have been surprised to see him walk in to class in Union-Blue one day
Old 06-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #125
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Quote:
nice. we had one of those too but our class gave him a minor heart attack that forced him to retire. Not sure if we were actually the cause, he had the heart attack at home, but the guy had a full civil war-style beard, would not have been surprised to see him walk in to class in Union-Blue one day
thats funny, but it would have to be a confederate uniform here! lol, that happened to us in 7th grade. We had a sub that was about 95 years old. That night after she went home from our class she had a heart attack and died.... I had no idea we were that bad of a class
Old 06-18-2010, 10:20 PM   #126
2SS BUMBLBE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/L99
Quote:
Excellent post, thank you for that.

What are your thoughts on BZO? I always like to hear opinions on this, because I hear so many different methods from different people.

In my limited experience, I was taught to BZO at 50yds. Others say 25 yds, 100 yds, 200 yds, etc....

What do you say?
Army BZO is mechanical; basically center the windage and lower the rear elevation flush with the carrying handle and 3/6 alignment, front sight post base flush with the hole.

USMC BZO is fire for zero.

That said, the Army fires for zero before qualification/training/combat. In fact, I have never used a mechanical BZO; it is emergency use only. The mechanical zero is for picking up a weapon that you have never fired (e.g. battlefield recovery).

We use a 25m M4 paper target and 3 round groups to zero. Fire 3, check the target, adjust the sights. Rinse and repeat until your shot group is centered. That should put point-of-aim as point-of-impact at 300m. It works for me.

For other weapons systems, I am sure that there are other zero targets.
2SS BUMBLBE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun