Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #1331
Markal
White Lightnin

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro LS
My new stripes....photo taken on a cell phone by my son-in-law soon after he installed my injen CAI. More photos to follow after I get my computer to re-recognize my camera....it worked before.....now it doesn't....hmmm....technology is great....if you know how to use it Damn, I'm feeling old and out of touch

Blizzard....your cars ass turns me on....it's soo cool!!! The Street Scene body kit is also nice but, I'm considering the Razzi kit. I know its got some radical lines but....hey...its me
Keep on man...NY VS MS....North VS. South....Olympic White VS Summit White.....hmmm...history repeats itself. You Damn Yankee....LMAO!!!
PEACE!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Markal; 06-21-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Markal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #1332
Seneca SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS --
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markal View Post
My new stripes....photo taken on a cell phone by my son-in-law soon after he installed my injen CAI. More photos to follow after I get my computer to re-recognize my camera....it worked before.....now it doesn't....hmmm....technology is great....if you know how to use it Damn, I'm feeling old and out of touch

Blizzard....your cars ass turns me on....it's soo cool!!! The Street Scene body kit is also nice but, I'm considering the Razzi kit. I know its got some radical lines but....hey...its me
Keep on man...NY VS MS....North VS. South....Olympic White VS Summit White.....hmmm...history repeats itself. You Damn Yankee....LMAO!!!
PEACE!!!
looks great--would go good with this car

Horse Power is where its at !!!!!
Seneca SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:41 AM   #1333
Gman8

Drives: 2012 SS/RS ashen grey metallic
Summit white is a great color for the Camaro! Suprisingly I don't really like the car in black, for some reason it doesn't really "pop." Yellow and red are too flashy and take away from the radical design of the Camaro. White compliments it perfectly, just wanted to say awesome color choice! Since I love both silver and white it was a hard decision, but the dealer had a silver one on the lot with the specs that I wanted so that made my choice a little easier lol.
Gman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #1334
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
Clear Bra and Summit White question. When I recieve my 2011 Summit White in early August (ordered May 18), first week want to take it in and have windows tinted and clear bra installed. I have no experience with clear bra applications but intend to use a shop here in Ottawa that I have experience with window tint and their installation was excellent. They do many high end autos & came recommended, and I was very happy with their quality window tint work. The clear bra product they use is 'Clearshield' by 'Solar Guard' protective films http://www.shadesone.com/accessories...e_rev_1008.pdf
Product print reads this film is 99.5% invisible but on pure white paint .5% is visible, but "invisable within a short distance". Regardless I want clear bra applied to the front bumper (starting/stopping at the seam lines) plus outside mirrors. My issue is .5% visible in front of rear wheel well openings where others have indicated paint chip issues.
Has anyone added a clear bra protective film over a Summit White color in front of the rear wheel wells? If so how much painted area around the gills should the protective film cover to reduce paint chips? Last, is .5% of film color viewed on Summit White paint a visual consideration (film 99.5% clear). Personally, not concerned on the front bumper or mirrors because of the natual body panel breaks. However, no place to stop and start the film on the rear body panels.
Thanks for any advice. I will be driving the car in Ottawa Ontario winters, mostly only low speed 15 minutes twice daily commutes on highly salted roads. Mostly presalted road slush unless I get caught behind one of those darn salting trucks (LOL).
PS: Traded a white 1996 Sebring LXI coupe (down payment to preorder the 2011 Camaro) and after 5 Ottawa winters only had 3 extemely small front end paint chips, no paint chips on lower body panels. Also have a pearl white 1998 Riviera, never driven in the snow, which has only two extremely small paint chips, front end only.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:42 PM   #1335
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:

PEACE!!!
very nice car!!
Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #1336
Danprh427

Drives: 2010 Camaro
What color blue are those stripes and where did you get them done
Danprh427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:51 PM   #1337
Markal
White Lightnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danprh427 View Post
What color blue are those stripes and where did you get them done
Hey Danprh427,
The blue stripes are a special blend from Performance Paint and Body on 28th st. Gulfport Ms. by Tim Ferguson ($799...not too bad). I asked him to match the Camaro fender graphic decals I ordered from parts for your car or pfyc.com....reflective blue....he told me he used a light blue and mixed some opel metallic....sorry, I asked him for the numbers and what mix he used but he just guessed and mixed a one of a kind formula. I'm happy with it though....WOW...one of a kind I'd like a few body highlights and maybe some interior and engine colors to match...I'll probably never know the actual paint numbers and won't be able to match it exactly but, I'd say metallic blue or turquoise would be close....I plan on more blue highlights throughout the car.
Thanks
Mark
Old 06-24-2010, 11:03 PM   #1338
Edge.128

Quote:
Hey Danprh427,
The blue stripes are a special blend from Performance Paint and Body on 28th st. Gulfport Ms. by Tim Ferguson ($799...not too bad). I asked him to match the Camaro fender graphic decals I ordered from parts for your car or pfyc.com....reflective blue....he told me he used a light blue and mixed some opel metallic....sorry, I asked him for the numbers and what mix he used but he just guessed and mixed a one of a kind formula. I'm happy with it though....WOW...one of a kind I'd like a few body highlights and maybe some interior and engine colors to match...I'll probably never know the actual paint numbers and won't be able to match it exactly but, I'd say metallic blue or turquoise would be close....I plan on more blue highlights throughout the car.
Thanks
Mark
one of one that is awesome. i hope to find something that is unique to my car at some point....
Old 06-24-2010, 11:38 PM   #1339
Markal
White Lightnin

Hey Edge.128
Thanks....yeah....one of a kind is rare...I've yet to see green or yellow or purple stripes on the Summit White Camaro. White goes with everything....black or silver stripes are becoming common...where are those that think outside the box???. They look good but, as you said, "one of one".....that's priceless. Keep on man....come up with a theme....make it happen
I see you're from Canada...
Sincerly,
Your fellow American: one from the continent of America.
Mark
Old 06-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #1340
BLIZZARD_2010_SS
"BLIZZARD"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6.2L A6, Olympic White
/bump
BLIZZARD_2010_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #1341
Edge.128

Quote:
Hey Edge.128
Thanks....yeah....one of a kind is rare...I've yet to see green or yellow or purple stripes on the Summit White Camaro. White goes with everything....black or silver stripes are becoming common...where are those that think outside the box???. They look good but, as you said, "one of one".....that's priceless. Keep on man....come up with a theme....make it happen
I see you're from Canada...
Sincerly,
Your fellow American: one from the continent of America.
Mark
thanks!! I am trying to come up with something but likely I will just fall back on the black stripes in the end. I have only had my car about 1 month so I am just enjoying driving it for now....mods will come soon enough I'm sure.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:58 AM   #1342
edneyens

Drives: 1SS/RS/M6-White/Beige
Here is mine

Can not decide if I want to add stripes or not ...
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #1343
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by edneyens View Post
Can not decide if I want to add stripes or not ...
I ordered my summit white SS without stripes (one of a kind in Ct). I then had the dealer add factory IO rallys before I took delivery as I thought it was too plain without them. Summit White Needs the stripes in my opinion and my 2SS/RS is now perfect.
PS: I left them off the spoiler- sometimes less is more.
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2010, 12:55 PM   #1344
edneyens

Drives: 1SS/RS/M6-White/Beige
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I ordered my summit white SS without stripes (one of a kind in Ct). I then had the dealer add factory IO rallys before I took delivery as I thought it was too plain without them. Summit White Needs the stripes in my opinion and my 2SS/RS is now perfect.
PS: I left them off the spoiler- sometimes less is more.
Does look nice, however I think this color looks good without also...

Tags
summit white, summit white camaro, white camaro