Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 10-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #43
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
I knew you'd be in for the drive. I'm planning on having the majority of the Greenville and surrounding area people meet up at the Wal mart in Traveler's Rest off highway 25 early in the morning. plan on rolling out around 7am.

for those south of Greenville, either meet up with us there or let me know if you'll be following me from Simpsonville
Guess point B on the map is Traveler's Rest? That would probably be best, although I love the drive up 985 through Dillard, Franklin etc to Asheville.......
but I think we'll be getting enough driving in........

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:39 AM   #44
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
Guess point B on the map is Traveler's Rest? That would probably be best, although I love the drive up 985 through Dillard, Franklin etc to Asheville.......
but I think we'll be getting enough driving in........
yeah, point B is the walmart parking lot in TR.

I would love to go up 985 too... but I'll have a trailer on the back as will a good handful of people riding with us.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #45
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven_is_inferno_orange View Post
Ok so I drove over by the huge fairgrounds right off I65 and circled around to see if I could first find the baseball park the previous poster had mentioned. The ball park is unfortunately inside the fairgrounds. And the fairgrounds they want 8$ just to park and I know they host Nationals every august and its usually one of the first 2 weekends in August which Im thinking is gonna hurt us. Because everything in that area thats big enough for parking is gonna end up being used for Nationals. Im gonna look and see if I can find out if they've confirmed next years Nationals dates for sure. We drove on a bit and there is the huge UL Cardinals Stadium and there parking lot. I have to see if I can find out if theres a fee to park there or not. That could work if its a day that there won't be a game going on. So there schedule would have to be checked out. Theres also a huge mall off exit 127 Outer Loop going towards Okolona that is right off the interstate and has a large amount of parking. Thats as far as I got checked out today. I kinda got sick in the car and had to come home. Dinner apparently didn't like me. If I get a chance I'll go out next weekend and see what else I can find out there.

Edit: okay I checked the Fairgrounds and Nationals are set to be hosted August 2-5. So everything around the Expo center is gonna be packed and traffic in that area is not going to be pleasant.

the mall sounds like a good point. whats the ease of entering and exiting the lot?
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 10-06-2011, 01:36 AM   #46
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
I'm in! I can meet you guys in Louisville since I would be passing through that way. Tomorrow, I was going to talk to the members of the club I am a member of about C5F3. I will mention this as well and see what they say. The more merrier. But for sure count me in!

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:19 AM   #47
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
I'm in! I can meet you guys in Louisville since I would be passing through that way. Tomorrow, I was going to talk to the members of the club I am a member of about C5F3. I will mention this as well and see what they say. The more merrier. But for sure count me in!
Awesome. Let them know for sure. and let them know that this isnt a "5th gen only" event. its welcome to all makes and models. we just prefer camaros...lmao

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 10-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #48
GoldCartridgeGamer

Quote:
Awesome. Let them know for sure. and let them know that this isnt a "5th gen only" event. its welcome to all makes and models. we just prefer camaros...lmao
I will. The group I am a part of is just 5th gen Camaros, lol. So the only people I will be talking to is 5th gens. This caravan will be awesome!

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #49
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
even with a trailer or two behind me... we'll still make fantastic time. we will need to work out some long rage walkie talkies for my "lead" drivers so I can coordinate some things while we're on the move.

unless everyone wants to put a CB in their car...lol
Just a little inside joke! I did good on the Hot Rod Power Tour hanging back..........until we got to Indy......

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #50
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
even with a trailer or two behind me... we'll still make fantastic time. we will need to work out some long rage walkie talkies for my "lead" drivers so I can coordinate some things while we're on the move.

unless everyone wants to put a CB in their car...lol
Those are easy solutions.........amazon has some badass motorolas for cheap. I was actually going to ask you about that as we got closer, I am planning on buying a couple just for my club.

We can use those on the ride up too.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-MH230...7916336&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Talka...7916336&sr=8-3

I think the 16 mile will do, unless we are somehow have a insane 23 mile caravan! LOL

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:00 AM   #51
GoldCartridgeGamer

I did talk to my camaro gen 5 club last night during our monthly meeting. The president is very interested and a few of the other members interest is there. There were a few who did not know what the fest was so a member and I explained what it is all about and such. As it gets closer I am sure some of the group members will decide if they want to go or not, but I know for sure two other members and I want to join the caravan.

How to hug your camaro
Old 10-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #52
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
All of the ACE5 members are going to have to meet somewhere to head up to point B! There's a few of us going with others from Alabama also. I'm thinking "Mall Of Georgia" Then hope on I-85 North?
Old 10-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #53
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
All of the ACE5 members are going to have to meet somewhere to head up to point B! There's a few of us going with others from Alabama also. I'm thinking "Mall Of Georgia" Then hope on I-85 North?
I think our best bet is to meet up in Knoxville. The 3 or so hours u drive to S.C, would put you way up the map!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #54
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Drives: Built '10 IBM 2SS; '15 Black Z/28
so, which one of your threads is the real one?!

I think you mentioned before doing the trip in one day? I'm gonna see about an overnight for the Camaro South folks, just not sure where. Plenty of time, but I'll be dragging as many CS folks as I can.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:49 PM   #55
Gone to the bowtie side
Former Ford man

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 1SS, NPP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
I'll grab some of my fellow ACE5's and we can meet up in Greenville to caravan!
I'll meet you at my Parent's place in Piedmont on the way.

Hwy 8 to Pickens then 178 to Brevard is an awesome backroad with plenty of twisties. It's usually the route I take from my parent's house to my grandparents when I visit them in Brevard.

Piedmont to Asheville
2000 - 08 Sep 09
3300 - TPW 28 Sep 09
3400 - 28 Sep 09
3800 - VIN 2G1FT1EW9A9153318
5000 - 21 Oct 09
6000 - 22 Oct 09
traded in for 2016 Camaro
Gone to the bowtie side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:27 AM   #56
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Those are easy solutions.........amazon has some badass motorolas for cheap. I was actually going to ask you about that as we got closer, I am planning on buying a couple just for my club.

We can use those on the ride up too.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-MH230...7916336&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Talka...7916336&sr=8-3

I think the 16 mile will do, unless we are somehow have a insane 23 mile caravan! LOL
hmmmm... I've got about 9 walkie talkies out in the garage... need to go find my throat mic's... lol

I've got a list of things I need to run down with you before the time comes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
I did talk to my camaro gen 5 club last night during our monthly meeting. The president is very interested and a few of the other members interest is there. There were a few who did not know what the fest was so a member and I explained what it is all about and such. As it gets closer I am sure some of the group members will decide if they want to go or not, but I know for sure two other members and I want to join the caravan.
show them the picture threads from the last two fests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
However you guys can work it out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Marine View Post
so, which one of your threads is the real one?!
both are real. some members dont stray too far from the regional sections or the general sections, so this way I get everyone.

I think you mentioned before doing the trip in one day? I'm gonna see about an overnight for the Camaro South folks, just not sure where. Plenty of time, but I'll be dragging as many CS folks as I can.
if you guys wanna work something out with Blade or layover in Asheville for the night then meet up with us later. or drive on up part of the way the day before then wait for us in Knoxville or Louisville or somewhere else. we've got time to work it out.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote: