Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 04-22-2015, 03:29 AM   #1
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Super Z camaro treath

hello guys this is a copy paste from my post on LS1tech but I barely visit that page so I decided to post it here, hope you enjoy it

the chosen car was a 2001 Z28 w 120K

After a few months I notice the paint was opaque, so I took my car for the very first time to a paint shop and they just make it shine again plus they fix all the scratches on the rims so the car was looking just like new

The next logical step was improve the inside of the car, I wanted the camaro to keep looking original but at the same time modern the old radio and No navigation was killing me (Im not from USA so I need a GPS badly) plus some times I had class at 1 AM and the leather was so F*** cold!

so I got a Pionner and rear camara kit, all new interior leather doors and racing seats, black leather microfiber and a bit of orange, a seat heater set, a new carpets and new dash gauge cover (I decided to keep my electronic seat base with the new racing seats, no regrets here)

After that I took the car for a Dyno where I become friend of the owner, the car did a good 368 RWHP at 3700, according to rolo (the tunner) the engine was already modified by its previews owner using intake, short headers, and other stuff.

Several time later he called me and told me about a fiver glass body kit he found in a junk yard in Georgia, I was looking for something like this long time ago, not sure who did this body kit but I never saw anything like this before, the junk Yard guy told rolo it was from a racing car, I honestly doubt that, but paid 699.99$ for the body kit (2 wide fenders and 2 wide quarter panels, 1 inches wider front and almost 2 inches in the back, per side) the ultra Z hood from SLP cost me 1200 from a rear ended SS.

Its still a work in progress but Im so exited!

A few months later I spoke with rolo about what should we do about performance, so he told me he wanted to go crazy but cheap so he told me we should do an Iron 409 with an LSA supercharger and cammed, he called some friends from a very good piston company (Arias pistons) and got everything, plus we found a 6.0 iron block in really good shape so he took the Iron block to the machine shop and it will be a couple of days until they assembly the block.

I got a LSA supercharger for a weekend for measurement purpose and we realize to fit a LSA blower on a FBody its IMPOSIBLE unless you mover the engine down and do plenty of work, we had to put spacers to sit the engine lower and we cut and reshape with hammer to fit that damn supercharger but still we failed, the air box of the LSA (if I got one some day because they are rare and stupidly expesive) will be reshaped to allow us more space the engine, the intake is supposed to a dual Volant Cold Air Intake (for pontiac) using the Modified Ultra Z hood to allow more air go directly to the supercharger and help it to cool down .

I have an issue here because the supercharger is so tall I doubt I can use a standard strut bar, so one of the guys designed a 4 point strut bar

next step will get a used LSA blower and a LS9 heads, I also got the IRS from a burned 1LE camaro (5 GEN) because I wanted the brakes but the guys at CFTShop offer to install it, but I want this to be the last step, I sell the 1LE brakes and got some ZL1 brakes.

The trans is a 4L80E I got for "free" + 450 of shipping from a friend of the chop owner (but its missing some parts), I got a 6 Speed Valve Body and some internals but there are plenty of parts that I still need to assembly the trans, some people will ask why 6 speed auto? well its because Im not good at shifting, and I don't want to broke all my effort and money miss shifting from 3th to 2th at red line and make the pistons blow over the hood...

Every day Im closer and closer to have a very one of a kind 4 gen, that Ill love to use as a DD (but I highly doubt it).

Acording to my concept the Rims are Replicas from the Corvette Centennial Edition or camaro 1LE and they are 18x9 19x12

but I seen some Z/28 replicas 228 Rims 20x10 and 20x11 Im afraid this is too big but that rim look soo sexy...

(Sad news)

as some of you may know I got robbed and some parts went missing, it was painful and this def will hurt my budget so my LSA will have to wait until I manage to get a used one really cheap or free some how because I honestly just ran out of budget... F*** the ****** **** to the A***** who did this...

:f rusty:

Update: 17/04/15

paint is almost done and the wide body in SOM looks killer, thank goodness its still looks OEM but stronger, I was afraid it could look ricer... and Ill get to install wider tires and not get a ugly look, the rear tire on the picture is a R19 x 10 looks like a lot of space there to install a the rims I want

next to do go: Ultra Z hood paint and front fenders

Update: 04/20/2015

Ultra Z hood ready!

Update: 04/21/2015
bumber and quarter ready!

Final Render: