Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 09-16-2010, 08:12 AM   #15
Darqueling

Drives: 2SSRS Yellow w/ Blk BB Stripes
Guys, if you don't want to come because you have other obligations or what not that is fine. Brad and I have been planning these things for you all ever since day one and with each one we try to have it at a different location on the "opposite" side of the state from the previous so that everyone gets a chance to have one near them. Several times I have posted requesting meet locations and typically only the same 3-4 people respond, so without other recommendations we can only do so much.

With that said, we have not had one this far south yet. We have had some that were an hour and a half drive for me and some that were a 15 minute drive for me. This is all in the interest of fairness as we try to hit as many different locations as possible. So next meet we do (not sure I will be able to make a Halloween one even though I made the front page last one) we will try to hit something up Northish, but we won't be planning for that until we finish this one and hopefully get some suggestions in (don't post them here, PM them to me). We try to get atleast 1 in a month during the Fall/Spring months as too few people will come in the winter and many people are away during the summer.

Sorry we cannot accommodate everyone, we are doing the best we can here as we only volunteer for this out of the interest of seeing everyone have a good time. That said, please understand we are doing what we can, we are by no means professionals at this, nor paid for it, nor experts on meet-ups, this is strictly a group of enthusiasts that we want to get together just to meet fellow owners and have a good time, not to have shows with awards and what-not.

So with that said, come if you can, don't bow out simply because it isn't in your "preferred" side of the state. If you cannot make it, we understand and will catch you the next time.
Darqueling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #16
jennnchuck

Drives: 2010 yellow 2lt/rs
Darqueling and sirbrad thanks for putting this together for us. i am in. i live in hazlet monmouth county and will gladly take the ride down to ac for this great event. as i have posted on numerous threads i will go anywhere for a camaro5 event. we are having similar problems up here, we have a weekly meetup event every thursday evening in manalapan we are typically getting about 4 or 5 cars (thats it) every week. we have offered to move it somewhere else if we can guarantee more people will show. again i just wanted to put out my thanks to you guys for doing all you do to put this together. if i can help you in anyway please let me know. chuck
jennnchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:13 AM   #17
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennnchuck View Post
Darqueling and sirbrad thanks for putting this together for us. i am in. i live in hazlet monmouth county and will gladly take the ride down to ac for this great event. as i have posted on numerous threads i will go anywhere for a camaro5 event. we are having similar problems up here, we have a weekly meetup event every thursday evening in manalapan we are typically getting about 4 or 5 cars (thats it) every week. we have offered to move it somewhere else if we can guarantee more people will show. again i just wanted to put out my thanks to you guys for doing all you do to put this together. if i can help you in anyway please let me know. chuck
I definitely need to start making those meets because I am only 15 minutes away. The problem has been a busy summer schedule and the fact that I pass by there around 6:15. So I get home at 6:45 and have to turn back around at 7:15 to make it around 7:30.

It's gonna start getting dark early though, so I'll have to get out to one very soon. Again, tonight is a bad night because of work.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #18
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
Did the blow up post get deleted? I must have missed it.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #19
Darqueling

There was no blow up post, just wanted to explain why we are doing it so far South this time, and to hint that we will try somewhere far North next time. Just felt people didn't understand our method of madness and wanted to explain it as civil and best as I could.

EDIT: That and to say that if you can't/don't want to come there is nothing wrong with that and we totally understand, some people have their reasons and just wanted to express my desire to see as many come out as possible and try to guilt trip people into coming that would otherwise be on the fence. Brad and I always have been doing this with the intent to be as fair as possible. This suggestion of location came from a member (they can identify themselves if they want to) who lives in the AC area yet has come to every one of our meets so far, driving anywhere from an hour to several hours to get there. Plus we always wanted to do a "shore" meet but it seemed the Summer time would be a difficult time to do, so Fall was the next best thing.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #20
SirBrad
The Captain

You gotta give and take with this. I am willing to drive up to about 2 hours for this. It's not like we do this every week or even every month. It's really only about ever 3-4 months at this rate, although last year we did two within about 6-8 weeks I believe.

It's everyone's choice if they want to come or not.

Hopefully we get enough interest in this.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #21
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
I'm glad it's a Saturday. Gives me the incentive to get out the door. Post up the location when you can. And you're right, if you were doing this every month at "somewheretownshipvillebergheights" people would get suspicious. Thanks for the hard work trying to organize these things.

crap, lunch is over. later.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #22
SirBrad
The Captain

Okay, so here are the details:

We are going to meet at the Atlantic City Aquarium located at N New Hampshire Avenue and Parkside Avenue between 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM.

We're going to cruise and grab a bite to eat (if you wish to stay) to Ventura's Greenhouse Café at Atlantic Avenue and N Decature Avenue (Lucy the Elephant).

Parking at the starting location is not a problem. There should also be enough parking at the greenhouse to accommodate all of us. Depending on how many attend, we may have to do street parking, too. Don't let this scare you off.

These are the addresses, and attached is the route.

Atlantic City Aquarium
800 N. New Hampshire Ave.
Atlantic City, NJ 08401

Ventura's Greenhouse Restaurant
106 S Benson Ave # 106
Margate City, NJ 08402-2425

Old 09-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #23
ghazzi1397
Hail to the GENERAL

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennnchuck View Post
sounds great keep us posted.
+1
(3800) Order produced [06/18/2010]
Available to ship from Osh [06/17/2010]
In-Transit from Osh [06/29/2010]
Available to ship from rail yard [07/08/2010]
Delivered [07/12/10]
ghazzi1397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #24
Darqueling

Gambling after at any of the fine Harrah's establishments anyone?
Old 09-16-2010, 02:38 PM   #25
Darqueling

I will "tentatively" be going, futures may change, but at the moment I should be alright.

@Brad: here is the calendar link for people to sign up on: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/calend...=getinfo&e=294
Old 09-16-2010, 04:42 PM   #26
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
problem is no one knows where central jersey starts and ends.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:24 PM   #27
One Sick Camaro
That Cam though...

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS 02 T/A WS6 15 SSV
haha
Old 09-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #28
ArtfulDodger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 BLK/BLK,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTony View Post
problem is no one knows where central jersey starts and ends.
I do!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Jersey

and sign me up!