Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #99
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Still waiting and waiting for the Vert. Every little bit of info keeps us holdouts halfway sane I think.

OK. MY 2 cents worth...

I can live with the Onstar/xm antana AND the brake light, but wtf were they thinking placing the key hole to the side???? Afraid they might disrupt their precious little "bowtie"???

So what about abandoning the key hole altogether, giving the vert a nice LOCKING gas door and placing a manual cable release inside there?? Thats what I'll do if it's not corrected. (or simply cover it somehow).

Still planning on buying no matter what, but agree this was not thought out. Hope a GM rep/engineer can weight in on this.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #100
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
nice
Old 04-15-2010, 10:44 PM   #101
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Just my opinion but the new Camaro would look so much better with T-tops...

don't like the look of this car convertible...
Old 04-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #102
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Needs slp loud mouths to get rid of the unsightly trash cans they call mufflers then it would look awesome.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:08 AM   #103
CamaroTransAmFAM
DIE HARD G.M.FAN 4 LIFE

Drives: 99 TransAm WS6,00 TransAm WS6,05GTP
it lookz gr8 but i rather the coupe with the sunroof or the hard top over the vert. im just not a convertible man, but i tell ya 1 thing it sure beatz the hell out a mustang
#1 DIE HARD GM FAN SSuperior MotorSportz "the SSpirit of Championz,The Attitude of Winnerz,"TEAM FBODY WE LIVE AND BREATHE PERFORMANCE"General Motors 4 Life "CAMARO & TRANS AM RACING ORGANIZATION" THE STREETZ IS A JUNGLE,ONLY 2 BEAST REIGN AS KING:THE PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6/FIREHAWK & CAMARO SS/Z28
CamaroTransAmFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:28 AM   #104
Al Robinson
RACKM

Drives: 2001 Mazda MilleniaS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
1. I agree and people don;t remember after a few years the springs get weak and those emblems start to sag and droop...

2. I have always been one that thinks the Heritage grill should have been part of the RS package...

3. the 3rd brake light Hmm I wonder if they could have designed a new Onstar Antenna with that built in, kill 2 birds with one antenna..LOL

4. are you talking about the radio or the Onstar/Xm antenna? if the sharkfin was just painted body color it would look better...
The Corvette has a radio antenna in the rear glass and On-star, but no shark fin mini-disc antenna anywhere. I was told or lead to believe they put the on-star antenna in the side mirrors. I don't see an on-star antenna anywhere on a Corvette. Do you? Just curious. It's missing just like Jimmy Hoffa.
Al Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:23 AM   #105
CarFreak2

Drives: Camaro SS/RS, 3 - 1965 Mustang GT's
With a little tweaking - looks like we have a winner. Sign me up!
Attached Images

CarFreak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:37 AM   #106
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
CarFreak2! Great minds think alike. You tweaked the 3 items I had a slight problem with. The only thing left is to get it to me in Hugger Orange with white Stripes in a Z28/RS package....I can see the Orange '69 Z28/RS convertible in the my head right now (-:....I might even consider going back and work for GM again....Hope they keep having car guys running this company instead of politicians and beam counters.
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #107
CarFreak2

Drives: Camaro SS/RS, 3 - 1965 Mustang GT's
Like minds do think alike! A Z28 hood would make the convertible one sweet ride.
I hope to see your new Hugger Orange Z28/RS Convertible with white Stripes in this forum soon. Come on GM.
CarFreak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:39 PM   #108
CLEAN

Drives: '19 Stingray '22 MB GLC 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Robinson View Post
The Corvette has a radio antenna in the rear glass and On-star, but no shark fin mini-disc antenna anywhere. I was told or lead to believe they put the on-star antenna in the side mirrors. I don't see an on-star antenna anywhere on a Corvette. Do you? Just curious. It's missing just like Jimmy Hoffa.
Corvettes On* antenna is at the top of the windsheild on the passenger side, it's the black box you see up there. The XM antenna was relocated to the passenger side view mirror in '06.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarFreak2 View Post
With a little tweaking - looks like we have a winner. Sign me up!
GM....Make it look like THIS!!!!

As far as the bowtie freezing, even if it did, surely you'd be using the button to release it anyway right? No one would use the key unless the battery was dead I would imagine.

Last edited by CLEAN; 04-16-2010 at 08:12 PM.
CLEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #109
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Go View Post
Regarding the key hole, remember - this is still not a production build.

Don't worry... all hands are on deck
*hoping the keyhole will be placed in between the plate bulbs ala C6 vette*

i mean if the CTS coupe can have the C6 vette style door handles why can't the C5 camaro vert have the C6 vette style trunk keyhole setup?
Old 04-17-2010, 03:50 PM   #110
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
What about something like this? I moved the Keyhole off center... it may not look great, but IMO it looks better then right by the badge. Also integrated the taillight into the actual trunk lid, not the spoiler and not the odd place it is now. What do ya think?
Attached Images

Last edited by Camaro Lives On; 04-17-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:08 PM   #111
Ferrarimk13

Drives: Hopefully a Camaro in a year
why dont they just use a lever inside the car that pops open the hood, or just use the key to pop it open.
Ferrarimk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #112
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
"Easy Go" said not to worry about the key hole and he's right. It's not going to be there, this is early prototype and the keyhole has been moved to a totally hidden location. I have no idea why it wasn't photoshopped out before the picture was released, but I think it was a leak that GM went along with real quick or something, but please be assured the keyhole has been eliminated. You may now proceed with the complaints about the brake-light and shark-fin and backup sensors and reverse lights and mufflers and all the other things you don't like about the car we all love.