Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 11:47 PM   #1
Zeroburn

Drives: Black '10 2SS/RS #1002
Send a message via AIM to Zeroburn
Another Bad experience

Ok,
Well up until now my 2010 camaro purchase has been a pretty good one.

A little while ago I called the dealership and spoke with 1 lady. She laughed loud at me and called me crazy when I asked her if she was too busy to call me back, since she mentioned how busy she was. Jeez I was trying to be polite. She said, "PLEASE Lee, don't you think i'd tell you if I couldn't call you back. I know how important this car is to you, we are more excited then you are so of course i'll call you back before I leave today," LOL yea, your more excited about my car then I am.

Well that was thursday at like 2:00pm. Come friday at 6pm and still NO word back I wrote an email this time asking for an update. Come monday no word. Even though this experience sucked I let it go. W/e she was just a sales lady, move on. Go straight to the GM.

Ok so I went to the GM. All was well, updates semi often. Well on 4/08 he CONFIRMED 2 times that my car was in transit and should be here within 10 days(that was 12 days ago.)

He just wrote me an email telling me they were holding my car because they needed more cars to ship and that it should ship out by sometime next week. NEXT WEEK??????

I understand people cannot gurantee things like delivery times/dates. But when you say a car is in transit it should be in transit. I have already given my word to a car show I would be there and now even that might not happen.

I know this post is useless but in all honesty I had to get this off my chest. I have worked my ass off in this crappy economy to afford my first and dream car and this is how its going.

I can't wait til I get to answer to all those people this week asking about my car, that its still 3+ weeks away.
Yay ourisman chevy
Old 04-21-2009, 12:00 AM   #2
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
dont beleave anyone til its in your hands

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:25 AM   #3
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Yeah, we are here for you. Vent away, but it's coming. You're a lot closer than 80% of the other members on this forum. Be happy.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:24 AM   #4
djo165

Drives: 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
I'm no expert, but having worked in logistics for a couple of years at a GM plant, here's one possible scenario.

Your car may have left the plant and been shipped out, but it's in a holding area like another rail yard or trucking lot. Those intermediate lots may hold vehicles (or other shipments) until they get enough shipments going to one location (like your dealer) to fill up one truck. When that happens, your car gets a spot on the truck.

Just a possibility.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:48 AM   #5
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
So then your word is only as good as a car dealers word?

Maybe only make promises that you can control.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:21 AM   #6
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Arrow That's why we are all here for suport for each other

No one should laugh at you when you buy a 40k and waiting just to hear or get updates by calling them, I agree with you.

Hang in there brother.

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Old 04-21-2009, 07:28 AM   #7
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Also it could be at Pontiac Michigan getting the BCM reprogrammed. That is where mine is at.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:28 AM   #8
Zeroburn

Thanks guys,
I am not upset that its taking a while. I am not special and don't deserve any faster then anyone else on here, or anywhere rather. What really upsets me is that all week they keep saying, any day now, its on its way.

He said 12 days ago it physically left canada, now hes saying its still at the GM plant and has not moved.

I guess i'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Thanks for the support.
Lee
Old 04-21-2009, 07:29 AM   #9
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Zero.

Mine was built on 3-17 and is #230. They are going over the first 2000 or so cars with a fine tooth come. They want the cars to be perfect. I can handle that. I prefer mine to see the dealership as little as possible.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #10
Zeroburn

Oh don't get me wrong guys. I am 100% for making these cars perfect before being shipped. I don't mind waiting as long as need be. I just ask that the information given be truthful.
Please read carefully my email between the dealer and his response, if i'm wrong please let me know but I just feel mistreated with this.

ORIGINAL EMAIL SENT AFTER FINDING OUT MY CAR WAS NOT SHIPPED AS TOLD

Ok now this is where I am having a little issue.
First off people HAVE received their cars. Thats not really a question. Please don't try to have me dismiss everything because you say they are just bloggers. Thats just false.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18931

Secondly you told me 12 DAYS ago that my car was already on its way. I haven't heard 1 single thing about them holding to ship. There was a quality hold.. It was because of the window indexing. All they had to do was flash the bios which takes a tech about 15minutes. I don't mean to sound rude but I listen to these bloggers because they are the ones who work at the plant and who are gm employees. They seem to time and time again know things before most dealerships and almost all information has proven to be 100% accurate. If my car was to be in the quality hold you would have seen it in the system. If it was in the system as being held you shouldn't have told me it was shipped.

I understand that you cannot guarantee any sort of delivery date but 2 weeks ago YOU SAID it was already ON ITS WAY. Again i'm going to look like an idiot to everyone who i keep telling the car should be here this week.

This is my first real car buying experience and what seemed to be something that was going so well just seems to have taken a horrible turn. Shipping next week means I might not get my car for 3-4 weeks. That is not acceptable for me. I really feel misled here. After you confirmed (and might I remind you I even emailed you back requesting your 2nd confirmation, and have those emails) that my car was shipped I gave the 100% to a car show that I would be the 1 and only 2010 camaro in the show. I am registered and paid for the show and now it looks like I won't make it. I cannot even describe the disappointment about this.

This is now the 2nd bad experience this month with your dealership and I truely hope its not a sign of the future. I really look forward to doing business with you but again this is the 2nd big let down.

I am pretty sure at this point there is nothing you can do but I just wanted you to know how I feel as a customer. This economy is crap right now and i've saved and I have worked my ass off to get to the point I can finally order my dream car. I was really hoping my first purchase would be a fun and exciting one. I guess after the first experience of being laughed at and lied to and now being horribly misled about the supposed already shipped car I am feeling very upset with this purchase.

I am sure once I have my car all my worries will be gone but at this point that seems a distant happiness.
Lee Fleishman

Here IS HIS RESPONSE

lee i appreciate your enthusiasm.
please take the time and read the email you send me. you are a little out of line.

you are buying a car from us, we ordered it, gm is building it. it is a new model. that's it.

gm is trying to release at least one camaro to each dealership in the united states at the same time. they have shipped the cars going to places farthest from the plant. this is a new production car. it will take some time to get rolling.

no camaros have been delivered to customers in the washington/baltimore area.

i will email or call you when your car arrives here at the dealership. we have no control over the timing of your cars arrival.

however should you still feel mislead i be glad to refund your deposit so you can purchase this car from a different dealer.

Sorry for the LONG messages everyone, and thanks for reading those emails.
Was that justified? Maybe i'm crazy. After 6months I guess i've lost it.
Lee
Old 04-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #11
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
I don't even bother calling the dealer.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:24 AM   #12
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
however should you still feel mislead i be glad to refund your deposit so you can purchase this car from a different dealer.

He knows he's got you by the balls. I'd just stop irritating him and wait for it to come... it'll be here soon.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #13
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
I don't think you are justified in giving the dealer a hard time about something he can't control. They made a mistake by trying to give you false hope that is was "on it's way". You just need to sit back, relax and when it gets there, it gets there and then they will call you right away.

Yes, I am a dealer so I am a little biased but we hear this all the time. Was the dealer wrong in telling you that? Yes. Are you upset because you told your friends about your new car and now you look silly? I think your friends really don't care when you get your car. They'll be happy for you and drool all over it and you'll forget about all of this.

Bottom line is the dealer isn't at fault for something they can't control. But you really should suck it up before they give you your money back and they sell it to someone else.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #14
steelmart

Drives: Camaro,TA,Syclone,IROC
pretty crappy reply. they would probably prefer to give you your deposit back so they can make a bigger profit.

Closed Thread