Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #15
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurdib View Post
HUH, didn't ROD register a 12.6 on a 100 shot of NOS?
Yes he did but others with N2O have also run 14+. He is saying that other conditions can affect performance, like traction, etc. If the only post was the N2O guy that ran 14+, I assume you would say it doesn't work? Rod1 did a great job with his set-up but it wasn't just the N2O that got him the 12.6 run.

Last edited by Z Madness; 09-09-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #16
Z Madness

Quote:
The thing people also have issue with is that it shouldn't be you or Jim that needs to prove it works, STS should have all the stats of what their kit can do, but they blatantly avoid giving 1/4 mile numbers, that makes people errie
C'mon, not all FI manufacturers post 1/4 mile times for their products. STS didn't post the times nor make any claims that their system would run a certain time in the quarter. AACS posted their Vid's and the car clearly wasn't ready nor was AACS ready to run the car. I don't remember seeing any proof from NEX that their kit ran ____ in the 1/4 mile. In fact, I don't think I saw any 1/4 times from manufactures like Vortex, Maggie, etc. Most will only post HP increases as that is what they can provide as fact. As USA1Camaro pointed out, a lot of factors affect 1/4 times. I just don't get your argument of the kit doesn't work. I'm glad others, like RDditten and Hurst are putting on these kits. They are great and makes the V-6 Camaro so much more fun.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #17
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
C'mon, not all FI manufacturers post 1/4 mile times for their products. STS didn't post the times nor make any claims that their system would run a certain time in the quarter. AACS posted their Vid's and the car clearly wasn't ready nor was AACS ready to run the car. I don't remember seeing any proof from NEX that their kit ran ____ in the 1/4 mile. In fact, I don't think I saw any 1/4 times from manufactures like Vortex, Maggie, etc. Most will only post HP increases as that is what they can provide as fact. As USA1Camaro pointed out, a lot of factors affect 1/4 times. I just don't get your argument of the kit doesn't work. I'm glad others, like RDditten and Hurst are putting on these kits. They are great and makes the V-6 Camaro so much more fun.
rdditten (rich) is just down the street from me.. (ok, couple of little towns over) and I know he plans on doing before and after track runs at our local track... can't wait...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #18
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Thats all true.. HOWEVER I bet you never seen a Vortech, Maggie, etc. run SLOWER than stock either!
Old 09-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #19
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Why do you say that the STS kit is far from perfect? Hurst is planning to sell 50 Limited Editions with the STS Kit. Jim and I have successfully installed the kit. I know there are a couple of other cars running around with the kit with no issues. So I'm curious as to your comment.
But are you still having issues? I mean not big ones but the other day you were having some issues...
Old 09-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #20
Z Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Thats all true.. HOWEVER I bet you never seen a Vortech, Maggie, etc. run SLOWER than stock either!
You are talking about the AACS car. Yes, it has some problems the time it ran. I am sure there have been at least one instance of a Maggie or Vortex running slower than a stock time at the 1/4. Its just that no one would be willing to post it.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #21
Z Madness

Quote:
But are you still having issues? I mean not big ones but the other day you were having some issues...
Not issues with the STS main kit. Issues are mostly due to the meth kit that I installed, which is the first kit for STS on the V-6. So yeah, I expected some problems to occur as I am the "test" case for the meth. In fact, since the base kit was working fine, I decided to do more mods and yes, I am having issues with some of these mods. The numbers will be there, I'm rooting for RDditten as well (who is a reseller of the kit) and I know Jim will be running soon. I'm just worried that if their first run isn't as well as you are expecting then everyone will say the STS Turbo doesn't work. It does!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:04 PM   #22
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
You are talking about the AACS car. Yes, it has some problems the time it ran. I am sure there have been at least one instance of a Maggie or Vortex running slower than a stock time at the 1/4. Its just that no one would be willing to post it.
No trust me... some one would be willing to post...
Old 09-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #23
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Not issues with the STS main kit. Issues are mostly due to the meth kit that I installed, which is the first kit for STS on the V-6. So yeah, I expected some problems to occur as I am the "test" case for the meth. In fact, since the base kit was working fine, I decided to do more mods and yes, I am having issues with some of these mods. The numbers will be there, I'm rooting for RDditten as well (who is a reseller of the kit) and I know Jim will be running soon. I'm just worried that if their first run isn't as well as you are expecting then everyone will say the STS Turbo doesn't work. It does!
I'm not worried about the first run if it doesn't run as well as expected as long as some one steps up to the plate and gives straight answers as to why... not some BS run-around....

As I mentioned Rich lives not to far away from me... going to to my absolute best to get out to the track when he's ready...

I know you believe the STS system works.... I would love for it to work! But for the one track outing it had, it didn't work and we never got a satisfactory answer why it didn't....
Old 09-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #24
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
HUH, didn't ROD register a 12.6 on a 100 shot of NOS?
Actually, I think it was a 12.4_. The thing I was trying to state is power output and putting the power to the pavement are 2 different things. If whoever puts this thing on their car leaves on stock tires and doesn't attempt to do anything to help the car plant they aren't going to do as well as they could. There are SS drivers that are having issues and running 14's. It's not the car's fault. The car is still putting out the power.

The AAC car had more issues than STS or AAC were willing to admit. I'm just glad a few have stepped up and gotten the kit regardless. I still want to know why they are having trouble stabilizing the boost. It's not like this is their first rodeo. It would've been nice to have STS put one on and prove their product rather than having customers do their R&D for them(or so it seems).

Z- I hope you get the meth-kit worked out. I'd like to see increased boost.
I've gone the cheap way. My NX kit is due at my door the 13th. Wish me luck.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:44 PM   #25
Z Madness

Quote:
I'm not worried about the first run if it doesn't run as well as expected as long as some one steps up to the plate and gives straight answers as to why... not some BS run-around....

As I mentioned Rich lives not to far away from me... going to to my absolute best to get out to the track when he's ready...

I know you believe the STS system works.... I would love for it to work! But for the one track outing it had, it didn't work and we never got a satisfactory answer why it didn't....
Ok, I know we will see good numbers. I agree, the AACS run was a fail. I spoke to AACS and clearly, they are not tuners (but they make great lighting stuff). I'm just surprised that you don't think the kit works. It's like all those that say Trifecta can't tune the V-6.

BONE STOCK
1 nhra stocker LS3 3/7/2010 1.972 8.195 @ 88.58 MPH 12.58 @ 110.30 MPH 263
Internal Engine Mods plus Bolt-Ons (e.g. bolt-ons plus heads and/or cam)
12. ColdCamaroSS - 12.97 @ 115.55 mph, (Cam, LT, Exhaust, CAI, Tune, (LS3, M6) # 517
Power Adders (Nitrous, Turbo, Supercharger)
30. Rickerbucks - 12.20 @ 120.59 mph, (Supercharger/2300, Cam, LT, CAI), (LS3, M6), # 488

My point is 1/4 time are very indicative of performance but should not be the reason if a certain mod works or doesn't. I know there are FI V-8's that have run slower than NHRA's stock run of 12.58. Look at those MPH's at the trap for Riverbucks! Too many other variables.

By the way, I'll be posting up soon on some of the additional mods and changes. I personally want to acheive at least 400 rwhp. I just don't have access to a track to prove that my car works.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #26
Z Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Actually, I think it was a 12.4_. The thing I was trying to state is power output and putting the power to the pavement are 2 different things. If whoever puts this thing on their car leaves on stock tires and doesn't attempt to do anything to help the car plant they aren't going to do as well as they could. There are SS drivers that are having issues and running 14's. It's not the car's fault. The car is still putting out the power.

The AAC car had more issues than STS or AAC were willing to admit. I'm just glad a few have stepped up and gotten the kit regardless. I still want to know why they are having trouble stabilizing the boost. It's not like this is their first rodeo. It would've been nice to have STS put one on and prove their product rather than having customers do their R&D for them(or so it seems).

Z- I hope you get the meth-kit worked out. I'd like to see increased boost.
I've gone the cheap way. My NX kit is due at my door the 13th. Wish me luck.
I wish you luck with the N20. These cars are just so much more fund with the added HP. I know you will love it, just don't get addicted to upping the "shots". Vince is great to work with. FYI, the boost is stable, its just at 5 psi (or like 4.8). The tune made a huge difference.

My hope is that with more of us installing the STS kit it will then help to create proof that a market for FI exists for the V-6 which hopefully will lead to more product offerrings. Possibly better and more affordable as they start to up the ante. If I was a vendor seeing all these comments, I wouldn't be in a rush to develop anything either.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #27
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Quote:
I wish you luck with the N20. These cars are just so much more fund with the added HP. I know you will love it, just don't get addicted to upping the "shots". Vince is great to work with. FYI, the boost is stable, its just at 5 psi (or like 4.8). The tune made a huge difference.

My hope is that with more of us installing the STS kit it will then help to create proof that a market for FI exists for the V-6 which hopefully will lead to more product offerrings. Possibly better and more affordable as they start to up the ante. If I was a vendor seeing all these comments, I wouldn't be in a rush to develop anything either.
If you were a vendor you would atleast marketed your product and have atleast some vids of the car running. The fact is we need to see it in action and we need some real numbers
Old 09-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #28
Z Madness

Quote:
If you were a vendor you would atleast marketed your product and have atleast some vids of the car running. The fact is we need to see it in action and we need some real numbers
I don't believe STS is a Vendor here.