Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 02-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
martinezj454545

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS V6
Not to pleased with AAC

So i ordered the 30 inch light scanner RGB 3 weeks ago and still no shipment on my light. I contacted them and they said that it still back ordered and they can ship me a 22 inch scanner but i still want the 30 just for more light output but man this is really getting me upset with AAC.
martinezj454545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:10 AM   #2
dcplus14

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS/Hurst
I hear ya, I ordered some lights (P13-LEDs) about 2.5 weeks ago, and found out days after I ordered them that they were backordered until March.
[AAC DRL LED's, AAC LED's for trunk, cabin, license plate, CAI Intake, RX Catch Can, Skip shift eliminator, Pedders Sub-Frame Inserts, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pedders Rack & Pinion Bushing, 1LE front and rear sway bars]
dcplus14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I understand you are upset but did you email or call them to see if the items were in-stock
1st I always make it habit to call or email a vendor before ordering to see the item is in-stock ready to ship.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:26 AM   #4
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Should say whether it's in stock or not on their website. If every customer had to e-mail a vendor asking whether an item was in stock or not, they wouldn't be able to accomplish anything.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
So your knocking them because they don't have a mod you want in stock? Maybe you can be upset at the manufacturer for a delay but im sure AAC isn't sitting there hoping products they sell go on back order. I really wonder if you realize how selfish you sound....they can't really make money on products the cant get and the fact that people get upset causes even more problems for them. They are a small American business just trying to make it in this tough economy. I'm not sure why people tear them down for everything under the sun. This hurts them more than it hurts you with your "I want it now" attitude. Sorry but cut these people some slack, be an adult and show some patience.... oracle is the company who actually makes the lights so start a thread complaining about them.

Last edited by JoshBobGuptaMarley; 02-28-2012 at 08:36 AM.
JoshBobGuptaMarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
i dont understand how you bash a company for selling out of a product. when you go to burger king and they say there out of the whopper you have to wait 10 mins for a fresh one to be made do you bash them, no you wait get your food and go, this is the same thing, they sold out of a product more are being made so there is a wait. did most of us wait for our camaros to be made, hell i waited 6 weeks because no one had what i wanted.
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
LS3AlexSS

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro SS
^^

I agree. I ordered the P13Ws and they emailed me right away letting me know they were backordered. Didn't mind waiting as they gave me a timetable of when to expect them and delivered on that timetable.
LS3AlexSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
dcplus14

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS/Hurst
I'm not sure about the OP, but I was working directly via PM with the vendor here and they guided me to ordering that specific product over several PM's. It wasn't until after I placed the order and inquired why my shipping number wasn't going anywhere that I found out then it was backordered.

It would be courteous that when you work directly with the vendor that they would check to make sure the product they are selling you is in stock before an order is placed. The online website had no indication as well if it was backordered or not. I am in no rush right now so I don't mind waiting.

I personally would have preferred to know before making the order if the product was available or not, and I believe that is what the OP is commenting about.
[AAC DRL LED's, AAC LED's for trunk, cabin, license plate, CAI Intake, RX Catch Can, Skip shift eliminator, Pedders Sub-Frame Inserts, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pedders Rack & Pinion Bushing, 1LE front and rear sway bars]
dcplus14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #9
supersport11

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
I made an order knowing my lights were on backorder and i also got some interior lights that were in stock i called to check the progress of the others and he offered to ship the in stock ones to me free of charge and then ship the others when they came in...that is great customer service!!
supersport11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #10
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
OP no offense but there is always a delay on inventory to website if you were in a hurry to receive them then you should have called to see if they had them in stock. People are only capable of so much all it takes is a phone call before you order. AAC has been around for a while im sure they arent going to try and pull a fast one on you, that being said im sure your car will run just fine without them for the time being.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #11
austin
Team LFX - 45TH RS

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 45th
They told me upfront when i ordered that the 30"rgb was on backorder. I swapped for the dual 15". Same exact product split in halves. Same price and i got a gift certificate for my troubles.

austin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aac, camaro, light, scanner