Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-01-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Milestone

Loved every single one of those miles. Just rolled over 10K the other day, oddly enough I noticed I was at exactly 10K when I got in my car that morning.

This car has so far surpassed every expectation I ever had. I was only 15 when I first saw this car at the Detroit Auto Show with my grandpa. Since then, I worked hard to buy my first car- a '99 Olds Alero. When I heard the Camaro was actually happening, I doubled my efforts: both in the workforce and in school because if I hadn't earned a scholarship to pay for college, no way could I afford the car too. Along the way I was lucky enough to be invited by Mr. Settlemire to the unveiling at the Texas State Fair which cemented in my mind that I had to have this car.

I count my blessings every day when I get that grin walking up to my shining CGM beauty. This car symbolizes everything I worked for in the last almost 6 years of my life. It means so much more than just a flashy "thing" to show off. It symbolizes my family's dedication to GM, working at the plants in Flint, Lansing, and Detroit until most of those were closed down. It symbolizes the resurgence of the brand I grew up loving and admiring.

Camaro5 has become an extended family to me as well along the road. The members I have come to know are great guys and girls and the information I have gotten off of this site have taken me from a complete car beginner to a complete car beginner who knows a thing or two

I now spend at least five hours a week cleaning, tirelessly detail spraying every last smudge, endlessly obsessing over brake dust, and constantly cursing the one car that always seems to park right next to me no matter how far away I am from the store .

So in conclusion, thanks to GM for keeping my family going for the past generations, thanks to Chevy for being everything it is, thanks to Mr. Settlemire who so many times told me to "keep the faith" and who personally told me not to worry, that someday I would have the car of my dreams. And thanks to Camaro5 for being such an amazing collection of eclectic and knowledgeable minds.