Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-12-2009, 02:49 AM   #1
Uncle George

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Know any good tuners?

Long time reader, first time poster. Owner of a 2SS in IBM.

Can anyone recommend a good tuning shop within 150 miles of Jackson, Tennessee? Preferably from personal experience in tuning GM cars. That would include the cities of Memphis, Nashville, and Clarksville in TN, Jonesboro in AR, Tupelo and Oxford in MS, and Murray in KY.

I would invest in a tuner myself, but want only one thing changing (disabling of AFM) so it doesn't seem worth the cost.

Thanks in advance.
Uncle George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:00 AM   #2
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
This is a "DIY" fix, mod costs less than $10...In fact, I even think somebody did it for free. I searched around for around 30 minutes, but I couldn't remember the name of the thread. Guess you'll have to wait for someone else to post it.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:06 AM   #3
EAkrish
Scout Sniping

Drives: 2010 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew
Send a message via AIM to EAkrish
Fasterproms.net best stuff out there man.

Now I drive a F150 Supercrew
EAkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:48 AM   #4
freemaSSon
Pat @ ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: CGM SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle George View Post
Long time reader, first time poster. Owner of a 2SS in IBM.

Can anyone recommend a good tuning shop within 150 miles of Jackson, Tennessee? Preferably from personal experience in tuning GM cars. That would include the cities of Memphis, Nashville, and Clarksville in TN, Jonesboro in AR, Tupelo and Oxford in MS, and Murray in KY.

I would invest in a tuner myself, but want only one thing changing (disabling of AFM) so it doesn't seem worth the cost.

Thanks in advance.
If you are willing to adjust that distance requirement and evaluate the distance to Garner, NC (RPM Motorsports) then you would be going to one of the countries HANDS DOWN most badass LSx builders, setup engineers and tuners. Ryan and his group at RPM are some of the best in the business. I have never done business with them do to my having my own NATIONS TOP RATED builder, setup engineer and tuner as a personal friend Andy (ADM Performance). If I did not have access to Andy I would personally ship my cars to RPM and wait for the best anyone can give you.

There are many good shops within this board but none any better than the two I mentioned and I would say they are the ones to beat!

JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION that a trip to Garner, NC is your best bet if driving to the shop is your preference.

Pat

"There are two types of racers: cheaters...and losers."
Smokey Yunick

freemaSSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #5
Melson

Drives: Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemaSSon View Post
If you are willing to adjust that distance requirement and evaluate the distance to Garner, NC (RPM Motorsports) then you would be going to one of the countries HANDS DOWN most badass LSx builders, setup engineers and tuners. Ryan and his group at RPM are some of the best in the business. I have never done business with them do to my having my own NATIONS TOP RATED builder, setup engineer and tuner as a personal friend Andy (ADM Performance). If I did not have access to Andy I would personally ship my cars to RPM and wait for the best anyone can give you.

There are many good shops within this board but none any better than the two I mentioned and I would say they are the ones to beat!

JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION that a trip to Garner, NC is your best bet if driving to the shop is your preference.

Pat

Mark

2010 RJT 2SS/RS L99 CAMARO
ARH 1 7/8" LT HEADERS W/ HF CATS
MAGNAFLOW 3" COMP EXHAUST
ADM PERFORMANCE CAI
ADM PERFORMANCE CUSTOM TUNE
ADM PERFORMANCE PORTED THROTTLE BODY
ADM PERFORMANCE TRANS COOLER
3.45 GEARS
BMR TRAILING ARMS
Melson is offline   Reply With Quote