Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-10-2007, 07:02 PM   #29
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrokid View Post
Gotta have a "chin" spoiler up front(RS/SS/Z/28 versions)...fingers crossed:(
That's about the only thing on your list I can agree with.

The concept is perfect aside from my desire to see some GFX. (Which I'm sure will be an option, or at least available aftermarket.)
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:32 PM   #30
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Talking

the only other company i know of that has a good concept to production with minor changes is chrysler.

prowler concept:

prowler production:

crossfire concept:

crossfire production:

:p
Old 03-11-2007, 11:02 AM   #31
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
It'll be the same. Listen to what the GM exec's say and I'm sure all of us won't be dissapointed. The general public won't notice the difference. GM does a great job in that sense.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:43 PM   #32
EllwynX

I have to say, the Crossfire is an example of the production version looking better than the concept.

That Crossfire Concept is just plain ugly in the front.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:27 PM   #33
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
It'll be the same. Listen to what the GM exec's say and I'm sure all of us won't be dissapointed. The general public won't notice the difference. GM does a great job in that sense.
I agree 100%. I have no reason to think otherwise when we have been told by multiple sources that they can not tell the difference between the concept and the production version. The exterior will look almost exactly like the concept....

It is the interior I am more interested in.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:10 AM   #34
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
It is the interior I am more interested in.
Exactly. They haven't said a thing about this. Between the two, I'd have to go w/ the vert's interior over the silver coupes any day.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:20 PM   #35
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Exactly. They haven't said a thing about this. Between the two, I'd have to go w/ the vert's interior over the silver coupes any day.
The only big difference is the color change from ugly orange to a nice clean white. And the lighting was blue. Other than that they are almost exactly the same.

But I agree, just making a color change made a HUGE difference in making it look much better.

Make all the orange/white from the concepts into a brushed nickel/silver color, the lighting the blue (or customizable would be even better) and it would be perfect. (Ok, I could do without the lower guages, I'd prefer a storage area there.)
Old 03-12-2007, 11:28 PM   #36
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Funny thing is the little indentations where the gauges are will become storage for change for quite a few people. lol. It will be odd having to look down at gauges rather than have them right there in your face. I kinda like the "different" idea and change from the norm. However, I do want that storage like you're saying....like the 4th Gen, but with a cover that doesn't pop off and actually opens/closes perfectly every time.

As far as the rest of the interior goes, I too, love the color change. Orange wasn't cutting it for me. Love the two tone leather seats...like the gauge cluster...get rid of those funky radio/ac controls...and put a rear view w/ temp and directional up there (old technology by now and should be included on every veh, IMO).
Old 03-13-2007, 08:17 AM   #37
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
I think a couple things helped to completely change the look of the vert. As you guys already said... getting rid of that orange color, what a bad idea that was. Secondly, the lack of a top. I was not a big fan of the interior head space in the coupe either. I think getting rid of the headliner and that wierd rearview mirror helped as well.

If they left the interior as it is on the vert, then i would be ok with that; however, I still would like a more conservative interior.

Honestly, I think that some combination of a console makeover and an instrument cluster makeover would do the trick.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #38
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Honestly, I think that some combination of a console makeover and an instrument cluster makeover would do the trick.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:41 AM   #39
SSRich

Drives: 1967 camaroSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
I think the interior should be offered in the same color as the exterior and the vette door handles is a cool idea but I would really like to see the heads up display like in the corvettes that way you don't have to look down at the gauges.
SSRich is offline   Reply With Quote