Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-26-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
GMHTP April 08 - A Thing Of Beauty

A Thing Of Beauty

by Rick Jensen

You may have seen some of these camouflaged 5th-Generation Camaro spy shots on the web recently. The automotive paparazzi-whether full-on professionals or simply enthusiasts with camera phones - stayed very busy chasing our beloved new Camaro. It's simply supply and demand, and just like an A-list Hollywood star, everybody wants a piece of this new hot rod. Thankfully, there will be no life on the D list for this machine!

I'm indifferent about the spy-type photos that get spread around before a vehicle goes into production. On one hand, I think it's cool that we get to see pix of rides in their early development stages (even though GM doesn't want us to) to keep excitement up. On the other hand, sometimes seeing those disguised photos is a bit unsettling. The camo, after all, is meant to hide what we want to see, but it also makes the car look like something it isn't. This is the automotive equivalent of letting Britney out of the house without her handler-it serves only to overexcite, disturb, and distress the public that only wants to love it. Will it ultimately make a difference to potential buyers when the final production version hits the showrooms? Who can say.

But with the huge and lengthy buildup leading to the production Camaro's introduction this year, GM cannot afford to have people getting the wrong impression before seeing the production vehicle. Which leads us to the great news we got in early January: the word came down from Bob Lutz to remove the camo from these pre-production cars, ostensibly to evaluate aerodynamics and cooling efficiency. And we got our first good look at a real pre-production Camaro- MINUS REAL HEADLIGHTS -and I think that you'll agree with me when I say that it is truly a thing of beauty.

General Motors has said all along that the production Camaro would be very, very close design-wise to the concept. And, so far, that holds true those razor-sharp side mirrors and massive wheels are gone but their replacements look good. A standard door handle replaces the concept's barely there place. More reasonable exhaust outlets went in, and the rear fascia, roof, rear glass, and decklid look a bit different. But, if I can take two things away from this pic, it's this. Overall, it looks great, and the styling is really nearly dead-on from the concept. She's a beauty, and I can't wait to see the final work of art.

Stay tuned to GMHTP as we bring you the very latest info about the new Camaro. And don't forget to check out www.gmhightechperformance.com for lightning quick newsbreaks, message board posts, and GMHTP blogs by your truly.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:09 PM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Is this the issue with the red forth Gen. doing a wheel stand?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

BTW; GMHTP is my favorite mag

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 02-26-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

My fav mag too! But, nope....this is the latest issue w/ the black SS on the cover w/ blue flames and a guy workin on the engine. They have some great stuff in here! Just stay tuned...later on tonight, I'm typing up the LS9 article they have in there....WOAH!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Huh; I must not have received it yet...

HURRY UP POST OFFICE!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 02-28-2008, 08:24 AM   #6
Cdn Camaroman

Drives: 4 Camaros
GMHTP rules...I have every issue since the first printing..that Oct 95 article made me order my 96 SS,That cool guy who printed my car in the last issue deserves a raise,a great source for all our GM news needs!
1996 Z28 SS # 004
Cdn Camaroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:22 AM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual

I have every issue except the July '99 (I think-there was a Camaro test that was like the fastest OEM test I had found.) I can't wait to find this one in the mail!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 02-28-2008, 11:53 AM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Yep...been a subscriber for years now...stacks upon stacks in the closet. I just renewed my subscription for another 2 years....and with it only being like $14 for two years, WHY WOUDN'T YOU?!?!?!