Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #6371
76z28

Drives: 1976 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazm View Post
delete the last part, no street racing stories, says it right at the top of the page man seriously. respect the rules.
people like you is what is wrong with America today.....
76z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #6372
daveplant87

Drives: 2015 Sierra All Terrain
Nah I didnt delete it a moderator must have. Whatever though. We can start "who whould win" threads but not "who won" threads. Heaven forbid if we discuss racing in muscle cars

And Summmit, i agree seat of the pants is subjective. It seems like in certain cars you can feel the acceleration more regardless of how fast it actually is. I had a friend that had a 2002 mustang gt. It was slow as hell compared to my car but it seemed to have more of that seat of the pants feeling.
daveplant87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #6373
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
How did the Ride of the SS compare to the Gt?
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #6374
green man

Drives: 1SS/RS M6
My guess is the auto needed a fuse pull...
Old 06-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #6375
Viral

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman99 View Post
Fact of the matter is at the end of the day the Mustang is a better car.
LOL that's very subjective. How do you figure?

Quote:
It may not have always been the fastest car,
Very rarely, in fact, has it been the faster production car.

Quote:
Better engineered
Really? According to truedelta.com, the 2010 Mustang had more service/maintenance issues than the 2010 Camaro, and that was a first year model for the Chevy, which always has the most bugs to iron out!

Quote:
better designed
Really? The 2010 Camaro won 2010 World Car Design of the year. The mustang wasn't even a consideration. This was a panel of 59 judges from across the automotive industry, not Camaro or Mustang owners full of pride.

Quote:
better looking
LMAO! Is this a joke? The 2010 Camaro will go down in history as one of THE most beautiful and influential designs of ALL TIME. The Mustang is simply forgettable by comparison. Even a lot of mustang fans don't care for the current design very much.

Quote:
better interior
Really? Because the 2010 Camaro won the Wards Automotive Sports cars Interior design of the year award. Again, Mustang wasn't even a finalist.

Quote:
better to drive
Debatable. It's lighter, if that's what you mean. But most head to head magazine comparisons say the Camaro is much more comfortable to drive with more comfortable and supportive seats. And nobody in their right mind would argue that IRS will handle daily driving duties MUCH better than a live axle. 99% of all Camaro and mustang owners will never see a dragstrip or road course. For the vast majority, the Camaro would be the better driver's car below 9/10ths, again as backed up by pretty much every review across the board. Not fanboys like yourself.

Quote:
better to own, easier to maintain
Really? Again, more trips to the service bay in 2010, historically lousy fuel economy compared to Camaro. And the Camaro has a better warranty, nearly double for powertrain!

Quote:
more aftermarket options
LOL Don't be silly! the LSx engines have more aftermarket support than just about any engine in history! They both have FAR more aftermarket options than anyone could ever fully utilize.

Quote:
a better community.
Really? then why are you here at a Camaro community trying to convince us how awesome your 10 year old mustang is?

Quote:
Just plain better.
Look, I like the mustang. I'm not a die hard Camaro fanatic. This is the first one I've owned (and only the 2nd GM). But it is absolutely AMAZING. It's winning awards all over the industry. It turns heads everywhere I go - every single day. People wave, give me the thumbs up. Strangers come up in parking lots to compliment my car and ask me questions about it. That has never happened to me before and it does NOT happen to mustang owners (except from other mustang owners, I assume). People are voting with their wallets and the Camaro is winning. You haven't convinced me or anyone else in America.

Last edited by Viral; 06-15-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #6376
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazm View Post
dude really? this is fine to post on a mustang site, but not on a camaro site, hope you get banned for this
Actually, he would get the stick () if he posted it on any of the Ford sites that cater to enthusiasts......
Old 06-15-2010, 11:07 AM   #6377
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
mustangman99----You honestly need to get out of this thread. You are causing too much trouble. They didnt make Camaro5 for you just to give the Mustang TOO much credit. I would stop being a troll or get out if I were you.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:13 AM   #6378
green man

Drives: 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman99 View Post

Fact of the matter is at the end of the day the Mustang is a better car. It may not have always been the fastest car, but it has always been the BETTER car. Better engineered, better designed, better looking, better interior, better to drive, better to own, easier to maintain, more aftermarket options, a better community. Just plain better.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #6379
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
The car had EXTENSIVE weight reduction for the 10 second pass. 400 lbs weight reduction, Suspension mods, Slicks and skinnies. Off road exhaust, Bolt ons. Aftermarket clutch. 100 octane Race gas and an aggressive race gas tune. Literally 100's of passes with all the time and money and knowledge you would ever need.
what i dont understand is...has NOBODY done the things listed to a camaro? it seems that with exception of the suspension because of how new the platform is, it seems that all of these principles can be applied to the camaro.
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #6380
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo

yeah...keep talking dude lol
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #6381
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post
what i dont understand is...has NOBODY done the things listed to a camaro? it seems that with exception of the suspension because of how new the platform is, it seems that all of these principles can be applied to the camaro.

Ya I am surprised that no one has done this to a camaro. I know the camaro running 8's probably has some weight reduxtions, but I have not seen anyone go that route it be interesting to see the result
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #6382
mustangman99

Drives: 99 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestack View Post
Actually, he would get the stick () if he posted it on any of the Ford sites that cater to enthusiasts......
Nope, I've seen Chevy boys post much worse on our forums, and you know what nobody complains.

Seems like all the complaining is coming from the Camaro section of the forums. If you don't like me then ban me, I really don't care.

All I'm saying is that Camaro owners have always been pretentious about their cars and how good or fast they are. Everywhere I go and see an 3rd or 4th or 5th gen, they all give you a look like I'm better than you. It's pretty pathetic if you ask me.

You couldn't pay me to buy a new Camaro. I'd rather wipe my ass with the $35K. <--- That'll probably get me banned.
mustangman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #6383
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiccaJew View Post
Ya I am surprised that no one has done this to a camaro. I know the camaro running 8's probably has some weight reduxtions, but I have not seen anyone go that route it be interesting to see the result
precisely. yes the shops started yanking weight and what not...but i thought regardless of your alliegence to Ford or Chevy it was common knowledge that a lighter car will go faster. In their quest for 10s and with a limited amount of available speed parts (other than suspension) that is the easiest and quickest way to go fast.

now its no secret that the Camaro is...umm...hefty, so i wouldve thought that weight reduction would be one of THE first things one would do with their camaro to make it faster
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #6384
daveplant87

Drives: 2015 Sierra All Terrain
Honestly both cars handled pretty well. I personally think the SS was a little more refined in that aspect. But both were good handlers.

One area the GT definitely has the SS beat is exhaust sound. The ls3 sounded a lot better than the L99, but the mustang sounded better still. But mustangs have always sounded awesome.

But anyways im looking to buy either a LT or an SS, depending on what i can afford when i get my taxes back this winter, and it will have to be my daily driver. I can definitely say the the camaro would be a comfy dd, and so would the mustang, but the camaro seems to have a slight advantage in the ride quality.
daveplant87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video