Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #29
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafCon View Post
Scotty, how long is your convertible list? I've been talking to local dealers and being from California, most are telling me to expect mark-ups at all local dealers (he swears they all talk and are marking them up to stay competitive with each other.)

I've only had one dealership talk about cutting me a break on the mark up because I've been coming in for 5 years talking about and waiting for the convertible... but getting that in writing could be tough. Let me know...
10 people - and they have until 7/9 to place a deposit....after that the list gets finalized, and continues to grow

The information is due out in the next few months, with Pre-orders going in Q4 of this year.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #30
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
That's impeccable timing for a car release--a convertible in February You Florida guys can get to enjoy it some at least!
It allows them to keep up with demand I guess.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
Old 06-17-2010, 11:30 PM   #31
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Hey Scotty, is there a ballpark figure on the price of the vert? Thinking about a 1SS or 2SS...its really hot in South Texas...it was a balmy 102 earlier today...
Old 06-18-2010, 12:55 AM   #32
RafCon

Drives: 2004 YZF-R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwaldschm View Post
Rafcon, which dealers have you been talking to?
I talked to Fremont Chevrolet, Courtesy Chevrolet (in San Jose) and Chevrolet in Redwood City. The common sales person response to pricing and lists was "I'm sure we'll take down your name, but when those convertibles hit the lot, they'll all sell for at least 5K over MSRP, some as high as 10K. Why would we guarantee you something for less than we know we can sell them for?"

My response has always been, "well, you might not sell me mine for MSRP or less, but someone will. All you are doing is losing my repeat service dollars because I always bring my cars back to dealerships I trust for service work..."

Now, in Fremont, while the sales person was telling me how they will all be marked up, the onsite Camaro expert (my name for him, his real name is Clark), came over and said "still waiting on the convertible? Why don't you finally take that SS out there for a test drive?" He also told me in front of him "you've been waiting a long time, I'm sure for you we'll see about putting you on that list and avoid any mark-up..."

Now, there was no formal commitment and I've recently sent him an email to follow-up, but I don't want to be left out in the cold when those vert's hit the street and I'm not behind the wheel of the one I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty
10 people - and they have until 7/9 to place a deposit....after that the list gets finalized, and continues to grow
Scotty, what's the likelihood you'll get that whole list ordered and delivered close to the release date? Can we talk tomorrow or this weekend so I can better understand what to expect as a California resident who might be placing an out of state order? Thanks!!
Old 06-18-2010, 06:23 AM   #33
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
The convertible option is expected to add about $4000-$5000 to the MSRP of the car.

As far as dealer allocation - 20,000 were expected to be made over 2011....I was told they are working to get that number higher - I've seen it since July 2008 when arriving on C5 that the demand was strong, and have constantly been providing feedback. 20,000+ units will not be made all at once - so it will be allocated over a period of time. Since our dealership has NEVER sold over MSRP and was the first to announce that here from day 1, I guess I'll be this website's first dealer to say - WE WILL SELL NO CONVERTIBLE OVER MSRP. I think people will be lucky to get one, let alone getting one of the first ones built.....Some people will have to wait until 2012...I still think they just won't be enough!
Old 06-18-2010, 06:50 AM   #34
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
The convertible option is expected to add about $4000-$5000 to the MSRP of the car.

As far as dealer allocation - 20,000 were expected to be made over 2011....I was told they are working to get that number higher - I've seen it since July 2008 when arriving on C5 that the demand was strong, and have constantly been providing feedback. 20,000+ units will not be made all at once - so it will be allocated over a period of time. Since our dealership has NEVER sold over MSRP and was the first to announce that here from day 1, I guess I'll be this website's first dealer to say - WE WILL SELL NO CONVERTIBLE OVER MSRP. I think people will be lucky to get one, let alone getting one of the first ones built.....Some people will have to wait until 2012...I still think they just won't be enough!
OK I'll wait, I'm in no hurry
Old 06-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #35
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Scotty, any idea on how much allocation you will have on day one? What do I have to do to be on that list?

Closed Thread