Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2010, 06:11 PM   #29
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
There should be a car looking to get a bunch of red paint removed from it.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #30
The Flash

Drives: Firebird 95, Equinox 05, Camaro 2SS
Sorry for your situation...hope you get the bandit!

I hope your insurance covers this all!

I just wanted to tell you, NYC is suppossed to have the most surveillance cameras (private, police operated and city operated) in the whole world.

Chances are the culprit got recorded in one of these systems.

Just check with any cualified attorney you know if: (a) trying to get access to the recordings will not void your insurer's rights therefore allowing the insurance to be declared void and (b) if you need a court order (an injuction or release order) to obtain the records.

Even if a private operator is willing to provide you with his/her records you may still need to cover this.

When something like that happened to me years ago with my FIREBIRD I wanted to get the culprit more than I wanted to repair anything. It was not even a quarter as bad as yours, just needed some machine sanding and buffing and new paint in the front bumper.

Asking around in the businesses which had security cameras, within the next hour, I found one witness who came forward and provided plenty of details. He identified the car, license plates (this guy wrote it down) etc. and offered to give an affidavit.

I got the guy next day. IN THE SAME SPOT AT ABOUT THE SAME TIME.

When confronted he confessed up right away (he owned one of the businesses in that street) and right then and there he delivered cash to cover for the repairs and a bit extra for the lay down time: USD$750.00 in total.

I had filed charges the previous day for vandalism and wanton destruction of private property with D.A. + a hit and run charge with the transit police and got a quotation from a reputed shop before confroting the culprit.
When I showed him all this paperwork he was very, very apologetic and willing to help repair the damage.

Keep your wits about you, do your research and peharps you can get some justice done for yourself.

This makes me really annoyed. Who ever did this shoudl have let his phone and insurance details in your winshiled wipers.

There is no excuse for this.

I hope you get everything sorted out and restore your ride to its condition.

The Flash
Old 07-22-2010, 06:19 PM   #31
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLarry View Post
I feel bad, but its NYC. Not a car-friendly environment, is it?
Depends on where you park...that looks like Manhattan?

You take your chances parking on the street instead of in a garage in the city,they can be a little pricey and you take a chance of the valet revisiting........."Ferris Bueller's Day Off"...........

Sorry about the car...........
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #32
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
I'm so sorry. But, some people SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 06:25 PM   #33
travisplusdunks

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS Victory Red
it sucks because i have a garage i go to almost every time i drive to work, but i was only going into work for about three hours so i didn't think it was worth it to park in the garage. guess i wont make that mistake ever again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauryn200 View Post
Depends on where you park...that looks like Manhattan?

You take your chances parking on the street instead of in a garage in the city,they can be a little pricey and you take a chance of the valet revisiting........."Ferris Bueller's Day Off"...........

Sorry about the car...........

2010 camaro was my first car!
travisplusdunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:27 PM   #34
travisplusdunks

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS Victory Red
glad to hear that you found the guy who damaged your car. unfortunately for me all the businesses i asked either said they saw nothing, or their cameras were not fixed toward where my car was parked..

guess i just have to make her better than she was before!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
I hope your insurance covers this all!

I just wanted to tell you, NYC is suppossed to have the most surveillance cameras (private, police operated and city operated) in the whole world.

Chances are the culprit got recorded in one of these systems.

Just check with any cualified attorney you know if: (a) trying to get access to the recordings will not void your insurer's rights therefore allowing the insurance to be declared void and (b) if you need a court order (an injuction or release order) to obtain the records.

Even if a private operator is willing to provide you with his/her records you may still need to cover this.

When something like that happened to me years ago with my FIREBIRD I wanted to get the culprit more than I wanted to repair anything. It was not even a quarter as bad as yours, just needed some machine sanding and buffing and new paint in the front bumper.

Asking around in the businesses which had security cameras, within the next hour, I found one witness who came forward and provided plenty of details. He identified the car, license plates (this guy wrote it down) etc. and offered to give an affidavit.

I got the guy next day. IN THE SAME SPOT AT ABOUT THE SAME TIME.

When confronted he confessed up right away (he owned one of the businesses in that street) and right then and there he delivered cash to cover for the repairs and a bit extra for the lay down time: USD$750.00 in total.

I had filed charges the previous day for vandalism and wanton destruction of private property with D.A. + a hit and run charge with the transit police and got a quotation from a reputed shop before confroting the culprit.
When I showed him all this paperwork he was very, very apologetic and willing to help repair the damage.

Keep your wits about you, do your research and peharps you can get some justice done for yourself.

This makes me really annoyed. Who ever did this shoudl have let his phone and insurance details in your winshiled wipers.

There is no excuse for this.

I hope you get everything sorted out and restore your ride to its condition.

The Flash

2010 camaro was my first car!
travisplusdunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #35
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
I hear ya my New york Brother.. i left that friggin city and not a moment to soon...i was parked like you ,,and when i got to my car,,,my side was swiped also and side mirror gone..with yellow paint on the red car of mine,,,,,yes,,,yellow...can you guess who!!??
sure a friggin school bus...and no note or anything,,,i feel for ya...the Ins. co,. should help in this..:(
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #36
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
UGH...

I would first have knocked my friend out just for being the messenger... then threw up on myself... then proceeded to curl up in a ball in a corner crying myself to sleep. My only hope would be to wake up from a nightmare and it all be fine.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE hit and run drivers. It's the biggest bullsh*t thing to do to someone that has spent their hard earned money and put effort into maintaining their car. If I ever caught someone doing that to me (see them fleeing from the scene), I'm not sure what I'd do but either way it would make the national news.

Hopefully your insurance covers you with no problems. There's no way in hell you can be blamed for that so hopefully they do the right thing. Also if you didn't, ABSOLUTELY file a police report NOW. They may never catch him/her (with lacking evidence and witnesses), but you cover yourself. He could later on say you hit and run on him and even gives your plate number. That's a crappy thing to do to someone but if his damages are high, he could try to do that to get his claim resolved.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #37
AMCPacer

Drives: AMCPacer
Sorry dude. That loser needs to be caned or worse.
AMCPacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #38
OBX Guy
OBX GUY

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow SS
Sorry for your mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisplusdunks View Post
yesterday i went into work to get some things done, parked my car at 7am, waited until 9am to go feed the meter, when my friend comes in and showed me a picture that made my heart drop. apparently some dirty bag thought it would be a good idea to swipe my car and hightail it out of there as fast as possible, and the worst part was there were so many people in the street, including the diner it was parked in front of who claimed they saw nothing...
still hurts looking at the picture.
I know that makes you feel sick....sorry that has to happen to anyone. some people just don't care anymore. Make sure you check your doors (on both sides) not "binding" when you open and close. Weird things happen on cars that are sometimes not always visible.
OBX Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #39
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
OMG, what a mess. Either a young kid(s) or a driver with no license and/or insurance - always is. No way they hit your car "and didn't know it". They will pay in the long run. What goes around, comes around.

She will be as good a new.. Sorry...
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:02 PM   #40
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post
OMG, what a mess. Either a young kid(s) or a driver with no license and/or insurance - always is. No way they hit your car "and didn't know it". They will pay in the long run. What goes around, comes around.

She will be as good a new.. Sorry...
Nah...around here it could be a delivery truck that didn't even know he hit something,School Bus,Acess-a-Ride,Police Chase,UPS,Postal Truck....you'd be surprise....the variety of crap that can happen to your car here.

If it had been a drunk driver he probably would taken out a couple of more cars.In the city it's usually one way streets and they are very narrow.

If it had a major intersection "someone" would have seen who hit his car and got a plate number.No way no one couldn't hear...metal against metal.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #41
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
That's terrible, mustang owners these days.. ugh

Seriously though I feel for ya, had a similar thing happen to me too.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #42
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisplusdunks View Post
yesterday i went into work to get some things done, parked my car at 7am, waited until 9am to go feed the meter, when my friend comes in and showed me a picture that made my heart drop. apparently some dirty bag thought it would be a good idea to swipe my car and hightail it out of there as fast as possible, and the worst part was there were so many people in the street, including the diner it was parked in front of who claimed they saw nothing...
still hurts looking at the picture.
After closely looking at the photo...do you think a delivery truck hit it?

Someone might have been making deliveries in that area...cause that doesn't look like your typical "car-swipping" hit.

Car swiped would have done more damage to that tire of yours,that looks unscathed,except for the scruff on the rims.