Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #15
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
I still stand strong on my position that the Suzuki GSXR-750 is the worlds best sports bike as a "total package".
Use to come with track time also.

BMW uses goofy engine config, so does the ducaca.

Plus both types of riders are more stuck up the HD guys who may still think their are superior but won’t do it with their nose in the air.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #16
JETG

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
I still stand strong on my position that the Suzuki GSXR-750 is the worlds best sports bike as a "total package".

+1 great bike, had a 08 and it is on a 600 frame and had awesome power for a nimble bike.

If I was to get another bike that is probably what I would end up with, was one of my favorite bikes on the track.

J
JETG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:13 PM   #17
n2oSS

Drives: 2010 SS2 Camaro
Its a tough decision thats for sure. I figure if I am gonna blow some money might as well get what I want. Problem was between these three its hard.

This wont really be a track bike, just something to play with. Wth this big camaro its fun to have something light and agile to change too now and then.

Reason I am looking at ducati 848 over its big brother? I am reading better reviews for the 848 and less engine problems. Really only reason.

The yamaha looks the best and feels the best out of all the less exoctic bikes. The BMW has a Face only a mother could love but I have been seeing alot of good reviews on it. I have sat on each bike, and only rode two of the three. I had a r6 for about a year but ended up selling do to the long winters where i used to live.

ps thanks for the link to that houston site.
Appearance Mods:
AAC Concept Sidemarkers, P13W Plasma LED Bulbs, Iforged Classics 20".
Next Mods:
Cam and Fuel System.
n2oSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:48 PM   #18
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
This is my 2009 CBR1000RR ABS. This is a very versitile bike . Track, street and touring it does it all.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #19
cplhester

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Manual
Hmm I've done alot of track days on my R1's and nobody laughs at me. The bikes such as the sv650 are (fun) but you can't compete with the liter bikes with a competent rider. As far as high siding goes they must be rookies as I rarely see highsides due to it being a 1000cc bike. Also I've had 600's and the R1 is way easier to ride in traffic. Less shifting
cplhester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #20
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
I would pic the R1 any day over the BMW or Duc. Will only buy Jap street bikes. The R1 is allot of bike for the price plus maintenance is cheap too.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:29 PM   #21
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
I would pic the R1 any day over the BMW or Duc. Will only buy Jap street bikes. The R1 is allot of bike for the price plus maintenance is cheap too.
Even if money was no object? Really?
Old 05-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #22
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
If that is the case the BMW. Not a fan of Ducati's except when Rossi is on it. Can't go wrong with Jap bikes. Had a 07 gsxr1000 that was awesome, now I have a cbr600 that I don't really ride anymore. Riding buddy got into a accident and will never walk so that was it for me. Love the BMW enduros.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #23
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Id put a built 89 GSXR 1100 engine into a 600 Kantana frame and go terrorize anything on two wheels block to block except a 70s Kaw 2 stroke.

Beware the Kaw 2 stroke bikes when it comes block to block..........
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:43 AM   #24
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
Here is reality for me...I have been riding sport bikes only for about 10 years. I love going fast. I had a Kawasaki ZX-7R I loved that bike. Then I got my Ducati 996. My first experience with the 916-998 bike was I heard it first for 2 blocks. WOW!!! what a sound! Then I saw it for the first time with its front wheel in the air. As it wheelied past me it set off a couple of car alarms at the car dealership I was working at. WOW!!! what stunning machine. That bike has been my goal ever since. The Ducati has an emotion to it the Japanese bikes have never had and I doubt ever will. I still miss my Kawasaki, I enjoyed the bike very much, but there wasn't that emotion that comes with the Ducati. The Duc is 10x's easier to work on, get ready for track days, etc. I will also say, the newer Ducatis have lost some of the emotion, charm and simplicity. My buddy had a 1098 (same guy who owned the 916 then a 998) he said it was a nightmare to just take the body panels off, especially compared to the 916-998 series.

IMHO - Don't get the bike based on a stat sheet. You can go get the latest and greatest bike stats, and then "build" the motor and do all the stuff to your bike that will make it faster or lighter or lower, or more chrome...or....or. My bike has one major problem....ME! I can only make it go as fast as I make it go. At track days, I am the slowest guy there, but I have fun, I don't put others in harms way, and I don't put me in harms way. I don't have a ducati because I needed something to meet my level of riding, if that were the case I would be on a Vespa. I have a ducati based on the emotion it gives me. If the R1 gives you that emotion then don't waste your money on a ducati, if the BMW gives you that emotion, then who cares what it looks like.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #25
TheLoneStallon

Drives: Camaro
Personally, i'm into GSX-Rs. Its all i ride. The Suzuki GSXR-750 is definitely top speed amazing quality. It's a super bike. What i like about it is its reliable six-speed gearbox. Plus, besides the fact it looks cool, its lightweight, which makes it easier to do stunts...at least for me.
TheLoneStallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #26
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Quote:
Yup, R1 all day. And anyone who know's me, know's I hate (for lack of a better word) imports. When It comes to motorcycles, and crotch rockets in particular the R1 is where its at. The only ducatti I'd like to have is the one I can't afford, and even if someone gave me one for free I couldn't afford the maintenance. I forget the name of the bike, but it costs 75,000.
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #27
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
I forget the name of the bike, but it costs 75,000.
Desmosedici RR
Old 05-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #28
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Depends what you are looking for in a sportsbike and how much time you plan to spend on them. The Ducati 858 is the least comfortable of the 3 but IMO is the best looking one..and the sound is amazing! I owned Ducatis over the years and loved them but inevitably found myself riding them less and less as years passed and bones started to ache. Like Ferraris, Ducatis need to be ridden and not stored. Cost more not to ride them. Maintenance is not cheap and you can't skip them, unless you want a crappy running bike. I crashed 2 Suzuki Gixxers and to date, the GSXRs are still my favorite track/canyon bikes. Although I never owned a R1 or the BMW, I rode my friends' often. And 2x/month, I visit my local bike dealers and test fit the latest offerings. The R1 is the best bang for the buck. Not as hard to ride as the Ducati (comfort-wise) and a ton of power. Power wheelies are done in a breeze. And a blast to ride in the twisties...just gotta keep track of your throttle hand or trouble happens in nano-sec. The BMW you can ride allll day long and is equally competent around the track or in the canyons. The balance is amazing due to the engine config and placement. I heard reliability is excellent on them as well. If I was looking for a bike, at my age and not-so limber body and slowed reflexes, I would lean towards the BMWs.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote