Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-29-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
Zieke
Camaro Deprived

Drives: 78 Camaro, 00 Tahoe, 10 Cobalt
Send a message via MSN to Zieke
00' Tahoe Need help!

hey guys, sucks that my first post in a long time is me asking for help but here it is.

My 2000 Tahoe just started having problems the other night. When i was getting ready to leave town i noticed a few seconds after starting the car there was a quite noticeable rumble through the car ive never felt before, than i listened to the engine and it sounded abnormal as well. My rmps were lower than usual and its as if the engine is on the brink of stalling but still runs.

i was able to drive it home but have not had the time to look at anything yet. im busy with transferring out of my squadron and thats taking up most of my time.
when i was driving it home i did notice when i was at red lights the rpms were down to around 400 and there was a serious lack of power. she can still rev up but the rumble feeling remains as well as the power issue.

Any ideas as to where i should start?
Thanks for any and all help.

also. i do have the service engine soon light on as well.

Joined Active Navy: 10-28-08
Zieke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
Zieke
Camaro Deprived

ive been doing what research i can and to me it seems like a may have a problem with the EGR Valve. its known issues best match my problem.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
Decibel JJ
Car nut

Drives: Tahoe Z71, Race cars
A couple common problems are the PCV valve or the fuel filter getting clogged up. The PCV is easy to check, just pull it out and shake it. It should rattle. If it doesnt, a new one is about 5 bucks.

Other problems could be a vacuum leak, fouled spark plugs, bad spark plug wires, clogged air filter, dirty throttle body butterfly, or emissions canister getting clogged.

A lot of auto parts stores (like autozone) will do a code check for free. That should help you narrow it down as well.

R.I.P. Evan .. A true Friend
Decibel JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
Zieke
Camaro Deprived

well i had the code checked and it popped with P0340 which is the cam position sensor in the distributor. replaced it but the problem is still there. but seemed a tad better. I'm taking it to a shop in town to have them check it out. i dont have the time or the tools to check the timing on her and fix what needs to be done. i just hope its a cheap fix like needing a good tuning.