Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-18-2015, 11:06 PM   #1
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
Lift recommendations

We close on our new house next week and looking to install a lift in my garage. Any of you guys recommend one or have a pic you can post up??
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:30 AM   #2
gmgdave

Drives: 12 ZL1 & 08 Suzuki Boulevard C50
This the type of lift I have.

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/4-...Hobbyist-Lifts
Attached Images

2012 ZL1 - #413 - IOM - Mods; Exhaust Commander. GMG Third Brake Light Pulsar, Tinted Windows, color matched Engine cover, ZL1 Floor Mats
gmgdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:55 AM   #3
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
What do you want to do with it?

2 post asymmetrical if you want to work on cars (you can open the doors for one).
4 post if you want to store cars. You can still work on them with a 4 post but you need accessories to get the wheels off and that kind of thing.

I have an 11,000 asymmetrical and I love it. Best tool I ever put in the garage.

Also, what do you have for ceiling height and floor? Should have 4000 psi cement 4 inches deep.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:15 AM   #4
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
What if you have a post-tension concrete slab in your garage?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:24 AM   #5
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

HappyDan I just wanted it for servicing our vehicles that's all. I hate going around setting up jack stands everywhere. I'm good on the Concrete although limited on ceiling height 10'3" I've seen some 2 post that seem reasonable on Amazon and read some reviews on them but I was curious as to what you guys may have or had experience with. I just need it to get under our own cars and do basic maintenance.
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
Old 02-19-2015, 08:42 AM   #6
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
10'3" is a little low for a lift. It will work but you will not beable to store another vehicle underneath or stand fully upright when working on your car. I wouldn't be without my 4 post lifts. Works great for servicing and storage. Easy to set up and some come with wheels to move around your bay.. A 2 post is great if your using it daily for repairs. Most 2 post need to be anchored in.
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:09 AM   #7
Eric_l

Drives: 2012 SW ZL1,Porsche Cayman S
I've had a MaxJax (http://www.maxjaxusa.com/) for almost four years now. Love it! It does not get high enough to stand under the car, but high enough I can scoot around on a low chair. Have had my ZL1 up on it several times w/o any concerns. The Cayman has been in the air so much for various mod's that I sometimes call it the flying Porsche

-Eric
Eric_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:18 AM   #8
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_l View Post
I've had a MaxJax (http://www.maxjaxusa.com/) for almost four years now. Love it! It does not get high enough to stand under the car, but high enough I can scoot around on a low chair. Have had my ZL1 up on it several times w/o any concerns. The Cayman has been in the air so much for various mod's that I sometimes call it the flying Porsche

-Eric
Yea that's what I'm talking about! I also don't need to stand under it a stool is nice!
744rwhp 727rwtq
Old 02-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #9
1ZL4FUN

Drives: Red Beast X2
Bendpack is the only way to go IMO. Costs about the same as Maxjax but WAY better. Good enough for commercial use. This one needs a 10ft garage only so you're good. You will also need to run a 220 circuit. Total cost on this including delivery and setup was about $3k.

(sold then stolen) 2015 Red ZL1 M6 VIN: G1FL1EP5F9800197

FOR SALE 1995 Patriot Red 95Z28 M6 Project car. Less than 100k miles. 95 corvette motor. All good parts, too much to list. Just needs someone to put it together.

(sold) 2002 CHP camaro B4C

(sold) White 95Z A4 best 11.891 @ 114.269 boltons & weight reduction. Yes, it was a record. 11/13/02
1ZL4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:14 PM   #10
ernie scar

Drives: Chevy/Dodge/Ford
I am planning on getting a bendpak lift for my garage once I get it finished on the inside.

I looking at getting the XPR-10, that way I can use it when I am doing work on my F250.

How do you like it over all?

Thanks
Old 02-19-2015, 02:28 PM   #11
1ZL4FUN

Drives: Red Beast X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie scar View Post
I am planning on getting a bendpak lift for my garage once I get it finished on the inside.

I looking at getting the XPR-10, that way I can use it when I am doing work on my F250.

How do you like it over all?

Thanks
I really have nothing to compare it to but if you want to drop the entire drive line in a couple hours it's the way to go. (two post lift, 2002 Z28) I can still remember my neighbor coming over in the morning with my drive line on the ground and then freaking out in the afternoon when I was driving it down the street. Seemed to take more time filling up all the fluids then actually bolting everything back together. Not actually true but a lift like this sure makes it easy.

My dad used to use a hand winch on the ceiling rafters. super dangerous and took forever. LOL!!

(sold then stolen) 2015 Red ZL1 M6 VIN: G1FL1EP5F9800197

FOR SALE 1995 Patriot Red 95Z28 M6 Project car. Less than 100k miles. 95 corvette motor. All good parts, too much to list. Just needs someone to put it together.

(sold) 2002 CHP camaro B4C

(sold) White 95Z A4 best 11.891 @ 114.269 boltons & weight reduction. Yes, it was a record. 11/13/02
1ZL4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote