Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
acosta19d

Drives: 2012 camaro v6
is dealer trying to give me the run around?

Ok so a week ago my check engine light came on along with my traction control light and the light that means my tires flat. On the speedometer it said "service stabilty" and "engine power reduced". So I took it in to the dealer and they told me it was my fuel pump and regulator. So they fixed that and gave me the car. Not 1 mile after I left everything came back on as if nothing had been fixed but now it started smelling like gas in my car. So I went back and the next day they told me that one of the gas lines had busted from over pressure from the pump. So now they replaced the lines and everything was fine. Well 2 days later "today" everything came back on again "same lights same codes" took it back to the dealer and now there saying that my ecm has an aftermarket tune on it and they can get past it to see what the problem is. So im just done with them im going to a different dealer because I think guys are full of crap and dont know what there talking about. Has anyone had this issue before? Ive seen a few threads about this issue but most of them are fixed by the fuel pump amd regulator being replaced. So idk wat else to think.
acosta19d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
Does it have a tune? Lean codes can cause the stabliltrak lights to illuminate as well as the check engine.
Rhino79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
What are the code #s
Rhino79 is offline   Reply With Quote