Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-03-2021, 03:44 PM   #1
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
KW Coilovers - stock parts needed for install?

So I'm looking to go on my 4th set of coilover in 11 years. Started with Pedders which lasted about 6 months before they leaked, went to Pfadt Racing and Pfadt went out of business for a while, and when AFE bought them, the version 1 coilovers weren't supported any longer and mine started leaking. So.. I thought i would try Ridetech and I bought only the rears at first to see how I like them, and for whatever reason I can't get the rear to drop any less than 1.5" which is a problem to me because of the axle angle. (I'm not raising the diff). I called Ridetech today to see if there was an option to drop the Gen5 SS about one inch and the answer was no. That leaves me looking at other brands and unfortunately Bilstein and many others are out of stock for quite a while.

So looking at what the picture shows for the KW V3 coilovers, it appears that the rear perch and bushings are not included. Not sure what might be missing for the fronts. Anyone have experience with this brand that could tell me what OEM pieces from the factory struts would need to be reused? I'm also open for options on other brands but looks like the KW's are in stock at a few places.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:01 PM   #2
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
I gave KWs on my car, but they were there when I bought it so I can’t say how the installation went.

I’m happy to take any pics you need.
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:29 PM   #3
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshnmn View Post
I gave KWs on my car, but they were there when I bought it so I can’t say how the installation went.

I’m happy to take any pics you need.
Yes thanks, the rears would be difficult to get a good picture of since the top of the strut is buried in the perch. But if you could take a picture or two of the tops of the front struts from inside the engine bay I should be able to make out if the upper strut retainer, perch plate, and spring perch are reused. That's a start.