Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 02-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
MustangKillr

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Term Paper!!!

Well, I've been assigned a term paper over auto work and I was hoping some of you guys might be interested in helping, I would certainly appreciate it. I would even appreciate it if you could just help me find a few credible websites with information. If any of you would like to contribute anything I'll be sure to cite you, thanks in advance. Here's how my outline looks at the moment, feel free to make any changes to accommodate you guys, anything to make it easier for you guys to help me out. Hell you can even change the entire outline if you deem it necessary, the requirements for the paper are completely unrestricted.

I. Intro - Body repairers, mechanics and service, technicians.

II. Nature of the work
A.) Working conditions
B.) Employment

III. Demanding
A.) Job outlook
B.) Earnings

IV. Automotive mechanics
A.) Service technicians
B.) Body repairers

V. Conclusion
MustangKillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
As long as no one does your home work for you
Is this a high school paper?

III. Demanding....(too vague)

Body man or body repairman, rather than body repairer.

Take a camera to some of the dealerships in your area, ask the manager if you can talk to one of his guys on the floor, they can be a cantankerous bunch, maybe he'll let you talk to an old-timer that would like to help you. Have a list of questions prepared before-hand to ask.

Local vo-tech may also be a good resource for info.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
69 rs/ss

Drives: 1969 rs/ss & 2010 L99 #3747 4/28/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangKillr View Post
Well, I've been assigned a term paper over auto work and I was hoping some of you guys might be interested in helping, I would certainly appreciate it. I would even appreciate it if you could just help me find a few credible websites with information. If any of you would like to contribute anything I'll be sure to cite you, thanks in advance. Here's how my outline looks at the moment, feel free to make any changes to accommodate you guys, anything to make it easier for you guys to help me out. Hell you can even change the entire outline if you deem it necessary, the requirements for the paper are completely unrestricted.

I. Intro - Body repairers, mechanics and service, technicians.

II. Nature of the work
A.) Working conditions
B.) Employment

III. Demanding
A.) Job outlook
B.) Earnings

IV. Automotive mechanics
A.) Service technicians
B.) Body repairers

V. Conclusion
Try this site for some help. http://www.nycareerzone.org/flash/se...%20Technicians
69 rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
As long as no one does your home work for you
Is this a high school paper?

III. Demanding....(too vague)

Body man or body repairman, rather than body repairer.

Take a camera to some of the dealerships in your area, ask the manager if you can talk to one of his guys on the floor, they can be a cantankerous bunch, maybe he'll let you talk to an old-timer that would like to help you. Have a list of questions prepared before-hand to ask.

Local vo-tech may also be a good resource for info.
Cantankerous?! Sheet! Some of them are just plain SOBs, LOL! Great idea though.

Is there a vocational school or community college nearby that has automotive repair in the curriculum?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
leviticus88
Camaro Owner Soon!

Drives: Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC S2 GMPP
I literally just finished my English Comp 2 paper on "design and production for the automotvie enthusiast". I'll PM you my works cited if you'd like, although it might not help your topic to much.

Good luck!
leviticus88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #6
MustangKillr

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Thanks guys! No I'm not asking you to do it for me by any means, I'm just asking for any help that you'd like to contribute. Yes, this is for a high school senior English class. That would be incredible if you sent me the Works Cited . My email address is this if it would be easier to send anything: nochristmasbonus@yahoo.com
MustangKillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangKillr View Post
Thanks guys! No I'm not asking you to do it for me by any means, I'm just asking for any help that you'd like to contribute. Yes, this is for a high school senior English class. That would be incredible if you sent me the Works Cited . My email address is this if it would be easier to send anything: nochristmasbonus@yahoo.com

I'm doing something for English too, Car emission and federal regulations is my topic, unfortunately I have to do it or I would not graduate ... state law:(

are you in the same boat

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote