Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-22-2015, 05:05 AM   #1
itzzmartin
V6 Z28

Drives: Camaro 2LS 3.6L V6
Trifecta Tune for v6 Help!!

Okay so to start off i have a 2014 Camaro 2LS (v6 3.6L) and i have a few questions regarding the Trifecta Tune. (I am new to modding and also new to this Forum so please try and explain things as simple as possible). Sorry if these questions sound dumb, i just want to get everything straight before i start spending hundreds of dollars.

First Question: Is it smart to get the tune for my car and also get a Vitesse Throttle Controller or will the tune Do the VTCs job? I don't want to buy both and have one for no reason.

Second Question: I have a CAI Intake, Muffler Delete, and if i can use both ill have the VTC and the Tune. Having those mods will i need to add anything to my car so it doesn't explode? I've heard of people blowing their engines because of tunes + mods and i wouldn't want to do that.....
itzzmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:25 AM   #2
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Do the tune-that will take care of the throttle response.

I have the exact same upgrades as you, and a tune, and my car didnt explode :-)
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:00 AM   #3
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
With the tune are you running premium or regular gas?
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:00 AM   #4
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
The throttle controller will take care of the delayed response, & a trans tune will improve the shift points. You can do both, but the VTC changed the car by itself.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:15 AM   #5
itzzmartin
V6 Z28

Drives: Camaro 2LS 3.6L V6
ill be running premium gas with the tune, but right now i currently run mid grade...
Old 10-22-2015, 08:37 AM   #6
Dark_Horse

Drives: Black 2015 2LS, Teal 1991 RS
Have you done a lot of research on the process to tune these cars? I only ask that because tuning is almost like an art form and can sometimes involve you to get VERY familiar with how your car runs and performs. I highly suggest looking at the IPF tune and HP Tuner software. They are both great setups and, from what I understand, they are much better for these cars.

Also look into what it would take to give yourself a true manual and sport mode. I do believe Gretchen on here is the one that brought that ability to us. The 2LS stock does have a "manual mode" but the computer actually controls the shifts and you're basically just setting the highest gear it can shift to. I started my tuning with an aftermarket ECM in my 1991 RS and have really enjoyed the process but it is a steep learning curve.

Just do as much research as possible before doing too much and do keep in mind that most tunes will cause issues with things being covered under warranty at your dealer if your car is still under warranty. They can deny a claim by stating that the tune has affected the way they intended for the drivetrain to opperate and put it under increased stress that caused the failure. Then it will be up to you to prove them wrong.
Dark_Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014 2ls, 3.6 v6, help please, trifecta tune