Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-16-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
shifting gears is horible cant do smoothly dealer?

My trans is real weird.i have a manual and shifting is real clunky.whenever changing gears it never goes smoothly. When i push clutch sometimes i hear a stutter its really weird.

What will the dealer do i dont drive it hard at all. Also have intake and exhaust should i take it off before i go?

I know it might be a bad clutch but will the dealer replace it if it has 5900 miles only?

Its really hard to drive my car smoothly anymore.

Hard launches are a no no

I have 5900 miles only as well its insane.

My bothers genesis is so silky smooth compared to mine its crazy.

My car is always jumpy it looks like i just learned stick.
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:17 AM   #2
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Put your stock intake back on. The less mods the better here I'm thinking. If your clutch is fried they will conclude that you have been hot rodding when you drive if you have been spinning your tires a lot. Check your rear wells for rubber and remove what you can. Fried clutches are very tricky to get covered under warranty.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

So leave the exhaust but take off the intake?

thats what is was thinking.

Do you think if i let my mom bring the car in to the dealer that would be better?

cuz im 18

i honestly have never done burn outs and hard take offs.

congratulations on the new engine by the way that was looking pretty scary.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
My trans is real weird.i have a manual and shifting is real clunky.whenever changing gears it never goes smoothly. When i push clutch sometimes i hear a stutter its really weird.

What will the dealer do i dont drive it hard at all. Also have intake and exhaust should i take it off before i go?

I know it might be a bad clutch but will the dealer replace it if it has 5900 miles only?

Its really hard to drive my car smoothly anymore.

Hard launches are a no no

I have 5900 miles only as well its insane.

My bothers genesis is so silky smooth compared to mine its crazy.

My car is always jumpy it looks like i just learned stick.
Lets hope you dont have a bad clutch bro. Try to let the clutch out a lil slower so its not as jumpy. I had the same problem when i first got the car. Also when you hear the shutter are you pressing down the clutch when you are cruising at rpms higher than 2k? I know that when i press mine in and im over 2k its makes clunking noise. just let the rpms drop a little more before you press your clutch in. I started doing that with mine and the clunking dissapeared. Also for your tranny you might want to flush it and replace it with royal purple. MAny members have said that this is the biggest change bc from factory the oil in the tranny is junk. With 5900 miles you should be good. I have treated my clutch bad at times and its still running like a champ. lets hope for the best
puertoricanfont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Do you think if i let my mom bring the car in to the dealer that would be better?
Not a bad idea, IMO... In my experience, you only have problems with minor mods when they suspect hard driving/racing.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
dannykay

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
I'm experiencing similiar issues with mine...however i have a auto trans....it doesnt seem to shift smoothly whenever I use the tap shift...there's almost a pause then a sudden jerk i guess you can say whenever i upshift..doesnt shift smoothly at all....dont know if thats normal or not...
dannykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
So leave the exhaust but take off the intake?

thats what is was thinking.

cuz im 18

i honestly have never done burn outs and hard take offs.

congratulations on the new engine by the way that was looking pretty scary.
Thanks. Luckily my dealer is way cool.

If its not too much of a hassle to put your stock exhaust back on then go for it. And having your mom take the car in certainly wouldn't hurt. Clutch issues x teenage boy = dealer/GM ain't responsible.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #8
Dupontdon24

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
My dealer told me exhaust and cai would absolutely not effect warranty. I hear so much crap how warranties are voided. These are fricken supposed to be badass cars. I purchased the 5 yr warranty, should have put a cam in her instead. People having to take chit off to take it back to the dealer, seems like a big hassle to me.
Dupontdon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

got an appointment on tuesday.

i am more afraid of the intake then the exhaust.
exhaust is a peice of metal. i just have axle back.it would be like if i changed the tips that void my warranty as well.

i think ill leave the exhaust but take off the intake.

as for your dealer not caring about mods some do some dont.

id rather be safe than sorry though.

im pretty sure a cam would void most of your warranty though.

the trans and gearbox is horrible on this car though compared to other asian and european cars. the car is worth it though.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #10
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Don't worry about your intake and exhaust, I took my car in to get the tranny fixed with way more modified than that. They replaced the syncro rings in my tranny, but it did not completely fix the issue. I have to take it back in, will keep you posted