Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #29
Mrchop

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I am having a ton of ants in my trunk they seem to be going up in under my window and under the tail light. It is driving me bonkers i go to school and open the trunk to get my books out and there are hundreds of ants. Then I go home and i find maybe 10 tops. What gives? I even sprayed in these areas today to see if I could stir up some but only seen the initial 10.

SILVIA
Mrchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #30
1chasingspeed

Drives: a6 yellow 2ss/rs
Well, I have a completely different issue. I have a two car garage, but I can't use it because I have a black widow infestation. I have murdered over 50 of them in the last month, and I find other spiders they've been gnawing on! Nothing kills them unless you spray them directly and I can't seem to kill them all off. I'd take ants any day! LOL
1chasingspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #31
giant_g2

Drives: '13 1LE, '89 Caprice
I've been finding a couple dozen ants on the outside of my car, mostly on the car cover. I will have to try the cinnamon. I think they are dropping down from a nearby tree.
giant_g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #32
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
I had ants get in my house this summer get behind the base boards. I just sucked them up with 5 hp shop vac for 2 days straight. It made quick work of them.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #33
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
I parked under a tree once, and when I drove away ants started crawling out of the air vents!!!

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #34
ECCamaro
High Desert Camaro Man

Drives: White Convertible-Tan Top 2SS V8
Guys these are all signs of the APOCALYPSE!

Quick! Drive your Camaros while you can!!!!

ECCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #35
ECCamaro
High Desert Camaro Man

Drives: White Convertible-Tan Top 2SS V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrchop View Post
I am having a ton of ants in my trunk they seem to be going up in under my window and under the tail light. It is driving me bonkers i go to school and open the trunk to get my books out and there are hundreds of ants. Then I go home and i find maybe 10 tops. What gives? I even sprayed in these areas today to see if I could stir up some but only seen the initial 10.
If you have a shop vacuum then I would vacuum them up if you can and then spray Lysol in the trunk to kill any stray's (I have found that it will kill them.) and then vaccum again. After that you may want to put one of those Decon ant traps in your trunk to help catch any that survive the vacuuming and Lysol and or those new ones that find their way into the trunk.

Good Luck.

P.S. I hope you survive the APOCALYPSE!
ECCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #36
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
no spiders but I have gnats and flies that just hang out on the surface of the paint, guessing they dig the carnuba in the wax or something like that

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote