Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-07-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 11 XC 90, 15 BMW 328i SW
3 hours drive at over 100 mph

We'll winter is coming so I thought I would take the Z out before time to but him to rest. I recently got a new job but it three hours away from home so. I leave the house Suday night and return Friday night. The weather was looking good so I drove the Z. The nice thing about living in Germany is after you live the city limits the speed limit goes away. It was a great drive to the hotel Friday I am cruising at 100 -120 mile per hour on the autobahn and the Z just sticks to the road. I normally drive my DD at around 80 MPH and get passed by the Audi's, BMW'S and Mercedes. This didn't happen this time. Friday's nights drive was even better as I had to meet my wife at different city which took me on a different road that was less travel. I was running between 120-140 on the open road and a few time I got up to 160 mph. I had one car try to stay with me but when the enter some of the curves I watch in the mirror as they started to drift out of their lane and had to back down. The Z was like on a rail I drove for three hous and I didn't want to stop. I was waiting for the fast cars to come out but I never seen any this weekend. The Z in just amazing car the fastest I have taken it up to is 177mph so far. I just need to go further north to where the autobahn is empty and has a long straight always.

I simple love this car! Just wishes the winter wasn't coming so that I could take him out a couple more times. I know in the USA you can't drive that fast on the open road. That's one reason I am trying to stay in Europe for awhile longer.

Thinking about adding a cam for this winter. Might have to add injectors also. Looking now for 700 rwhp I am at 620 Rwhp now.
2012 Camaro ZL1 #151, GCN, Dyno results 701 RWHP
Mods; 2.55 Pulley, CAI, LG Cam Package Ti Springs and 9G2X Cam, RX Can, KDI Heat exchanger, Hurst shifter, Orcale Ghosted marker lights, Kooks Long tube headers with Cats deletes and Tuned by Kraftwerks, Pedders 1 inch lowering Springs, Front and rear sway bars, Rear cradle bushing, BMR Trailing arms and toe rods.
Sharp-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
avcbm

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Nice........

2012 Camaro ZL1
2010 Camaro SS (Sold)
avcbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #3
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
I'd love to be able to do that. Sounds like a fun ride.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #4
The Beard

Drives: 2013 2SS HWSE M6
Sounds awesome!!! And Thank You for your service!
Old 10-08-2013, 02:01 AM   #5
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Thanks for sharing that story!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:08 AM   #6
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Nice, my wife keeps saying we need to have had the Z in Germany....lol

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:21 AM   #7
DuskED13

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Special Edition Camaro
ugh... i'm packing my stuff right now!
So Jealous.
We can do that here in the states but the penalties if your caught are pretty high...

Speed limit tops here is 70 so if your going 90 over the limit... oh man I can't think of what the judge would throw at you lol. License gone instantly, Arrested, Car Impounded, Enough fines to set you back two years and not to mention how much jail time and community service they throw on top.

Sooo Moral is we do it here too, we just can't be caught doing it...or else!

Buddy of mine got 3 days in jail and $600 in fines for 36 over last year...
And old man in a Vette got 10 days for 40 over a couple years back that I remember. He was only going 110!

Anyway Badass and Autobahn for the WIN!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
sportyb24
Romanian Outlaw

Drives: 13 ZL1 , 14 Silverado Crew Cab
Wish we had an autobahn!!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #9
1sikss

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
now thats a place worth owning a zl1 lol ....other than the snow part
1sikss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #10
roSSco
∞ Smiles per mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Summit White A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskED13 View Post
ugh... i'm packing my stuff right now!
So Jealous.
We can do that here in the states but the penalties if your caught are pretty high...

Speed limit tops here is 70 so if your going 90 over the limit... oh man I can't think of what the judge would throw at you lol. License gone instantly, Arrested, Car Impounded, Enough fines to set you back two years and not to mention how much jail time and community service they throw on top.

Sooo Moral is we do it here too, we just can't be caught doing it...or else!

Buddy of mine got 3 days in jail and $600 in fines for 36 over last year...
And old man in a Vette got 10 days for 40 over a couple years back that I remember. He was only going 110!

Anyway Badass and Autobahn for the WIN!
HPDE
2013 ZL1 #4739
'Heisenberg'
Color - Walter White
Roto-Fab CAI
On Reddit? Check out /r/ZL1/
roSSco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #11
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Now that would be a fun drive! Hopefully I'll get to experience it one day.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #12
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp-ZL1 View Post
We'll winter is coming so I thought I would take the Z out before time to but him to rest. I recently got a new job but it three hours away from home so. I leave the house Suday night and return Friday night. The weather was looking good so I drove the Z. The nice thing about living in Germany is after you live the city limits the speed limit goes away. It was a great drive to the hotel Friday I am cruising at 100 -120 mile per hour on the autobahn and the Z just sticks to the road. I normally drive my DD at around 80 MPH and get passed by the Audi's, BMW'S and Mercedes. This didn't happen this time. Friday's nights drive was even better as I had to meet my wife at different city which took me on a different road that was less travel. I was running between 120-140 on the open road and a few time I got up to 160 mph. I had one car try to stay with me but when the enter some of the curves I watch in the mirror as they started to drift out of their lane and had to back down. The Z was like on a rail I drove for three hous and I didn't want to stop. I was waiting for the fast cars to come out but I never seen any this weekend. The Z in just amazing car the fastest I have taken it up to is 177mph so far. I just need to go further north to where the autobahn is empty and has a long straight always.

I simple love this car! Just wishes the winter wasn't coming so that I could take him out a couple more times. I know in the USA you can't drive that fast on the open road. That's one reason I am trying to stay in Europe for awhile longer.

Thinking about adding a cam for this winter. Might have to add injectors also. Looking now for 700 rwhp I am at 620 Rwhp now.
Dude you are ruined for life. When you come back to the states you will be forever frustrated with our highways. I have thought many times what it would be like to have my ZL1 over there. I never had a "fast" car in Germany. But I was just visiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyb24 View Post
Wish we had an autobahn!!
Our interstate highways are better than the autobahn for speed running. We just need to as a public wake up and realize that "speed" is not the cause of accidents (autobahn has less serious accidents per mile than US interstate highways). The problem is inattentive and discourteous drivers parking in the left lane with the cruise control on oblivious to the rest of the world. In Germany that is failure to yield and you get a ticket. You learn to pay attention over there and the reward is you can go as fast as you want...or rather as fast as the car can go. Their laws breed courtesy, our laws breed road rage. People think the law says you should only go so fast so if I go that speed and you want to pass me you are a law breaker, some how people think they should restrict "law breakers" on public roads. Anyway... it is easy for me to rant about this because their system works....very well... and everyone over here in general is too dumb to realize it.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #13
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp-ZL1 View Post

The gas tank is large enough to where you can drive at those speeds for 3 hours?
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #14
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Yeap.. Love "jumping" across the border to have a little stretch of its lungs
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote