Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-01-2014, 08:00 PM   #1
wutshotDJroomba

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS/SC
IPF vs

Just thought I'd post a question to those of you with a IPF supercharger, what is the (seemingly)quickest car you've beaten after install? Not really looking for street race stories since they are frowned upon on this forum, but just trying to get a little impressive list of high performance cars we've beaten with our S/C LLT or LFX.
"....Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
-Bruce Lee
wutshotDJroomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:23 PM   #2
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
2011-2014 Mustang 5.0
2010+ Camaro SS
3rd Gen Camaro V8
Challenger 396
2012 Mustang V6 geared and bolt-on (Wife's)

Probably a few others that I don't remember.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #3
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Im sure an IPF V6 gives a stock V8 a run for its money
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Im sure an IPF V6 gives a stock V8 a run for its money
Mine beats them by over 0.5 seconds at the local track. Cammed V8's are the problem until I get more torque. May not seem like it with my times but out track has bad DA, one day I will go to another track and see what she can do.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #5
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
2011-2014 Mustang 5.0
2010+ Camaro SS
3rd Gen Camaro V8
Challenger 396
2012 Mustang V6 geared and bolt-on (Wife's)

Probably a few others that I don't remember.
Nice little list there Magnum, are those mostly at the track? I've had my share of mustangs try and be surprised that they arent just leaving me haha, have you done anything else(mod wise) to get more HP out of it? Just seems as though I'm wanting a little more from my 6... anyone out there offering a Tune that's compatible yet?
"....Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
-Bruce Lee
Old 10-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #6
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutshotDJroomba View Post
Nice little list there Magnum, are those mostly at the track? I've had my share of mustangs try and be surprised that they arent just leaving me haha, have you done anything else(mod wise) to get more HP out of it? Just seems as though I'm wanting a little more from my 6... anyone out there offering a Tune that's compatible yet?
All at the track, I don't do street racing or roll racing. I have a smaller pulley, meth injection, ported intake, tuned length headers, full cat back. Also have suspension mods to help wheel hop. Biggest issue I have is low torque and heatsoak, they kill me in the first 1/8th mile.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:59 PM   #7
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
All at the track, I don't do street racing or roll racing. I have a smaller pulley, meth injection, ported intake, tuned length headers, full cat back. Also have suspension mods to help wheel hop. Biggest issue I have is low torque and heatsoak, they kill me in the first 1/8th mile.
haha low torque, the beast none of us sixers can defeat.... I've been having issues with belt being too loose, I really need to meet up with Sycraft and check out his set up since he has an LFX as well perhaps check out the belt he's rockin, better brakes and suspension components are next on my list, if you don't mind me asking, what's the benefit of the smaller pulley?

I've yet to take it to the track simply because I'm saving for new tires before I decide to go screaming down the line, so I have to settle for pesky street racing or roll racing, but believe me when I go I will post my slips on here.
-Bruce Lee
Old 10-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #8
MagnumForceGB

Smaller pulley = more boost. The stock setup runs 10 psi, I run 12 with my setup. I was running 8-9 before I changed the pulley. Produces more heat though.