Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-12-2011, 12:46 AM   #1
matteo

Drives: '10 IBM 2SS, '01 Black SS
Video - Why Is My Sub Doing This?

So a couple seconds after I turn my car off, the sub hits real hard when the amp shuts down. What is causing this? It wasn't doing it when I was using a Line Out Converter, it just started when I started using the speaker level inputs (because the LOC broke so I got rid of the RCAs). I used the same ground point for my speaker level inputs as the main ground for the amp, would that have anything to do with it?

Here's a picture of my amp inputs on Sonic Electronix's site.
matteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
CamaroGeek

Drives: 2010
The speaker outputs turn off before the amp turn-on line from the radio drops. You need to use a different turn-on line. Some people have used the cigarette lighter wire with good results. There is a product that addresses this specifically, the Axxess Trigger, which you can get from SonicElectronix.com. Or you could just go back to your LOC that you were using before...
CamaroGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
matteo

Drives: '10 IBM 2SS, '01 Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGeek View Post
The speaker outputs turn off before the amp turn-on line from the radio drops. You need to use a different turn-on line. Some people have used the cigarette lighter wire with good results. There is a product that addresses this specifically, the Axxess Trigger, which you can get from SonicElectronix.com. Or you could just go back to your LOC that you were using before...
Why does switching from line level to speaker level inputs affect the turn on line? That's the only thing that I changed.

I'll check out that Axxess Trigger.
matteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
CamaroGeek

Drives: 2010
Your line level converters probably provided better common mode rejection than your speaker level inputs. The LLC probably also contained a lower value load resistor that forced the two lines to "track" better after the radio released them.
CamaroGeek is offline   Reply With Quote