Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 04-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #29
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro-dreamer View Post
I just checked the warranty on my 5.0 GT. Racing voids the warranty in the Ford camp as well.
Funny you mention that...

I JUST watched this video:

Read the caption at the bottom of the video as soon as it starts.

"People will love this feature .....but if you use it it will void your warranty"

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: Cam, Headers, Exhaust, Intake, Gears, Twin Disk, Suspension, Tuned - 475rwhp, 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:32 PM   #30
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen3 View Post
Funny you mention that...

I JUST watched this video:

Read the caption at the bottom of the video as soon as it starts.

"People will love this feature .....but if you use it it will void your warranty"
Oh man... I wish the Camaro came with this. I never even gave this feature a thought, because I figured it would never happen.

The disclaimer is pretty funny though..
Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 395
Size:  11.3 KB
Old 04-21-2014, 09:38 PM   #31
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51
They **** you at the drive-thru. I give up lol.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:20 AM   #32
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Hey !!! we have a bunch of cool feature we advertise and show the world to sell more cars, but all of this will void your warranty hahahha sorry but thats just illegal.

I

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:43 AM   #33
speedygonzales

Drives: 99 z71, 2012 2SS
WTH.....Is it or isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
Should've bought a ZL1. Track day warranty is covered!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
They don't. All Camaros have the same warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
I asked Mustang owner and he checked his "track packed" Mustang and his warranty is solid...no verbiage about tracking voiding it.
Quote:
I just checked the warranty on my 5.0 GT. Racing voids the warranty in the Ford camp as well.
I have never seen so much disinformation in one single thread before.

With regard to warranty treatment remember this. Any one person will experience 95% dealer and 5% manufacturer. Meaning the treatment they get is dictated by the dealer and it's good or bad people.

The reality is that none of us knows how many people that have abused their vehicles and still received warranty work. So to sit here and slam any company over a couple of instances of denial is not fair. In those instances, we are probably only getting one side of the story.

Regardless if a machine is advertised to race or not. Abuse is abuse.

I think it's funny that the only people that I see complaining about warranty either flogged the crap out of it or modded it. I have yet to see "joe blow" that doesn't abuse it and has not modded it complain. Or maybe "joe" just hasn't spoken up yet.

I have a continual problem with my wife's clutch sticking and my only complaint so far has been with the idiots that write the service ticket.
speedygonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:59 AM   #34
Novie LE

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
No mods in this car. Driver changes fluids at or exceeding recommendations for tracking. Only does Autocross. Seasoned driver with several years experience. Chevy shot him down. Claimed he abused car in competition. If you go HPDE and have tranny issues then good luck to you. They looked at his issue and instantly proclaimed him abusive. He elevated to Chevy and was shot down. As someone stated, this isn't my 1LE, he used a different dealership then mine. It really isn't my issue. I just take exception to the ads and the lack of coverage. I asked Mustang owner and he checked his "track packed" Mustang and his warranty is solid...no verbiage about tracking voiding it. Go the Autocross threads and see several more instances. Aggravating. Like I said. I am looking at buying used from now on, find a reputable garage and just mod there without worry of warranty ever again. Financial gurus say that is better way to go anyways.
How can the dealer prove he even autocrossed the car? If they look up his name they can see results and the type of car he drove. It does not mean it was his car, or the car in question of warranty. People give up way to easy on this. If the car is stock and if something breaks that wasnt a results of of a missed shift or anythign of that nature, then it should be repaired under warranty.

Last edited by Novie LE; 04-22-2014 at 07:10 AM.
Novie LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:57 AM   #35
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
A must watch about Nissan GTR launch control voiding your warranty...
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:18 PM   #36
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
They don't. All Camaros have the same warranty.

However...the 1LE, ZL1, and Z/28 models are advertised as "track ready" cars. Which means that they have passed the most rigorous forms of performance and abusive testing imaginable, including the 24-hour track test. As such, it's been stated in the past that if something were to break on an UNMODIFIED 1LE, ZL1, or Z/28 during performance driving (Not Competitive Racing), the powertrain warranty would be honored at dealerships.

But that is not written out explicitly...because some people, unfortunately, equate abusive driving with performance...and Chevy protects themselves from being defrauded by not putting it in writing.
So people on here have said track days are covered so are they or aren't they lol.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #37
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

"I have never seen so much disinformation in one single thread before. "

1) This is the internet. So that elevates us all to experts without validation. See your post for proof.

2) I am posting anecdotes and am learning from everyone's feedback. So far I have learned this issue is another corporate/customer dilemma. Caveat Emptor

3) Dealers do matter. Mine has no issues with us and takes care of us. Disappointed that my friend had no such luck even after elevating to Chevy. Such is life. I do not know how much fight he put up.

4) I appreciate everyone's feedback. It has been a good dialog.

5) Waiting for 2015/16 for used C7s to surface. Hope to see you at the Fest everyone.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #38
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
It's up to the dealer.

My 2000 Camaro had the infamous "clutch stuck to floor" syndrome.

Took it into the dealer, left it.

Came back the next day, and they said there was nothing wrong with it.

I had the service writer ride shotgun, and I rowed through the gears rapidly at WOT. At the end, the service writer was white as a ghost, and the pedal was stuck to the floor but engaged. He ended up putting on the ticket:

"Unable to replicate. Owner operates car outside of design parameters."

Seriously.

Took it to another Chevy dealer and they fixed it. Clutch design was changed in 2001.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:54 PM   #39
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
It's not my car so no pics sorry. The driver competes locally and regionally. He is an accomplished driver, he isn't shifting improperly etc. No mods. Dealers look at tracking for time as competition. Their words. He elevated to Chevy, they shot him down. Also, why should I "shop around" for a dealer who overlooks the fine print? Bottom line again, why are we having this debate? Chevy sells you on a trackable car, sells you a warranty that is voided as soon as they find an out, i.e. you track it. Go buy a Z28, track it and good luck if it has an issue. There are several threads on this topic and I find it troubling. "Should of bought a ZL1?" Really??? Did the dealer disclose this fine print then? I love my Camaros... Yes I own two. But I find this sale tactic shady and do not let my love of them blind the fact this tactic is underhanded. Frustrated and done venting but I find we should be outspoken instead of forgiving on this. I don't think I will buy new ever again. Hell I am helping the Camarocross out. I wonder if the participants know they are voiding their warranty? Should I tell them?
Just curious is this the same car your friend COMPETES locally and regionally in? Competition alone would indicate more than just a track day or driving event on a track.

My guess is it must be clearly evident that the car is competitively tracked or this wouldn't be an issue. I'd like to hear the other side of this and OP don't take it personally as this isn't even your story, but there are always two sides.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:25 PM   #40
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
If your dealer knows you test and tune, and improve your driving skills at "untimed" track day events, he'll look after you. Just don't compete, or "race" and everything is OK. ;-) Also careful of what you say, one wrong word and you are screwed...

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:52 PM   #41
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

This issue was discussed at the Fest and I will say people at the Chevy level were frustrated hearing dealers not working with owners over this warranty void concept as discussed in the thread. The individual who's story I described was given advise on how to elevate the problem to a higher level then he already had and the Chevy team was helpful with him. Until then...shop for a good dealer. Good luck drivers.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:58 PM   #42
MTCobra

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
A must watch about Nissan GTR launch control voiding your warranty...
Damn...that was funny.
MTCobra is offline   Reply With Quote