Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

Some More V6 LLT Intake Manifold VMAX "BLACK ICE-olator" Info

Hey All,

I have been talking with Pete from VMax 3 or 4 times a day lately working on this V6 LLT upper plenum isolator/insulator discussing product strategies. Pete decide on the product being called the "VMAX BLACK ICE-olator" to play on the phenolic materials color and cooling properties. This is how it will be advertised by VMax and its dealers.

Pete has used this product before on 4 cylinder Hondas with gains of 10-12 HP & TQ. Putting that past success into the V6 LLT was a no brainer and we kept to work well but be as simple as possible.

With Tracy having done a very positive preliminary test last week and myself doing some more stringent tests in the next couple days, there has been quite a spike in interest.

With this surge of interest and the upcoming pre-orders that will ship most likely by Friday next week, Pete and I decided to do some pre-sale support as there will be a lot of questions.

Initial mass produced pieces will start being cut Monday AM and Pete will be there to oversee the process and finished parts. If everything goes well parts will ship shortly after that to the typical VMax dealers that have placed orders. I still have a few unsold pieces available as an FYI.

I also have a preliminary set of instructions that I can e-mail to folks. It is in a newer form of MS Word (.docx) so it will not let me attach it here. Just e-mail me at thevettedr@aol.com or PM me you e-mail address and I will get you a copy. There is no mention of the BLACK ICE-olator in them yet until I get good pictures of the install, but it will give folks a good idea what they are getting into. I will attach a couple pics from these prelim instructions for folks to see. They may be a bit large and apologize for that ahead of time.

I will be looking at the front support bracket to see if the current piece can be modified to work or a decent extension to use. My first thought is that leaving it off or loose is not a good idea, but we will see.

There will be more info over the next couple days for sure. Have a great weekend everyone.

Mike Norris
Attached Images

Mike Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Appreciate this info Mike!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #3
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Old 02-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
PM sent. Thanks for all your help Mike. These are GREAT times for the LLT owners.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
Blacktip

Drives: 2011 1LT Silver RS package
OHH YEA BABY ....it's that kind of party
Old 02-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
cmon commision ck, I want to buy this
Old 02-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

Initial test results are here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202185

Mike Norris
Old 02-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #8
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Thanks soo much Mike!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #9
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Wow....this is a NO BRAINER mod....even people who don't mod should get this lol.

Will be a huge help for performance in the warmer months and at the track where the cars all get really hot while staging.

Not sure if the gains will be quite this large with a moving on the road car in the cool winter/spring days....but it has to help some. Can't ignore nearly 30 TQ gained at 4,000 rpm. That said, the testing this time was very thorough and proves it isn't just a fluke run.

Bravo...
Old 02-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #10
Rickmaff

Drives: 2011 1LT M6
I really don't want to have to re-read the original thread, but is this confirmed to work with the Vararam Intake? If it is I'll be buying one very soon.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #11
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Would this affect warranty? My guess is it could.

I'm not a mechanic (putting an intake on is as far as I want to go for DIY under the hood), so for installation would getting it done by a mechanic be the best idea?
Old 02-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #12
TankMorph
More Human Than Human

Drives: 2011 1LT IOM M6
Great job Mike. Tracy and I were both pressed for time when we did our initial testing. Nice to see your results were more or less consistent with what we saw.

I'm getting a tune a porting my heads this week. Maybe I'll get back on the dyno sometime soon and see what happens.
TankMorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:04 AM   #13
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

We should know if it fits with the Vararam this week as I am supposed to get a car dropped off here this morning with it as well as an exhaust and tune.

Warranty wise, it all depends on your dealer and I always tell folks to have a good relationship with their dealer and see what they have to say. This should not be a big deal, but some places will look for any reason to not do warranty some times.

TankMorph, did you get to do your temp test you talked about comparing yours to a friends car? Thanks for the kind words by the way.

Mike Norris
Old 02-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #14
TankMorph
More Human Than Human

Drives: 2011 1LT IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Norris View Post
TankMorph, did you get to do your temp test you talked about comparing yours to a friends car? Thanks for the kind words by the way.
Not yet. My IR gun apparently walked out of my toolbox.
I'm picking up a new one this afternoon.
TankMorph is offline   Reply With Quote