Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-26-2008, 03:03 AM   #29
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaguy View Post
Stop and think about that for a second. All the RS package is is some headlights, tail-lights, spoiler, rims, and a badge. That may cost 4k....but you have to remember the SS already comes with the rims and spoiler standard. So upgrading the SS with the RS package should be significantly cheaper. I would expect it to be around 1500 to upgrade the SS to an SS/RS.
I hope you are right and the upgrade to an RS on the SS V8 is much less than jumping to an RS from the base V6. Rims would be the most expensive upgrade and since the SS comes standard with 20's..it should be about a thousand less, and that is being conservative at $250 each rim... Well,the sound system upgrade could be in the $750 range as well on its own, but my guess it will be around $500 since you have to take into account the cost of the base sound system not being there..
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 03:37 AM   #30
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
what if i dont want 20s on my ss? im thinkin 15s with 10.5s...
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:39 AM   #31
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
what if i dont want 20s on my ss? im thinkin 15s with 10.5s...
I doubt 15" wheels are even possible with the large standard brakes this Camaro has.The V6 has a 12" rotor and the SS has a 14" rotor on the front.0.4" larger on the rear. I would say 17" is the smallest wheel you could use, but thats without knowing the dimensions of the calipers.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:18 AM   #32
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Man, I hope your right, I want this car so badly. Guess we'll just have to wait an see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Performance-wise. Only performance-wise....once the Camaro comes out, it's gonna make VERY obvious how overinflated the SRT8's price is......
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:40 AM   #33
GXPMAN

Drives: Pontiac Solstice GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
I doubt 15" wheels are even possible with the large standard brakes this Camaro has.The V6 has a 12" rotor and the SS has a 14" rotor on the front.0.4" larger on the rear. I would say 17" is the smallest wheel you could use, but thats without knowing the dimensions of the calipers.

I would Like 18's myself.. 250 a tire though... So burn outs at a minimum... lol
GXPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #34
jmliptak

Drives: D
I believe 18s are the smallest you can get from the factory per the specs....
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #35
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXPMAN View Post
I would Like 18's myself.. 250 a tire though... So burn outs at a minimum... lol
20" tires are cheaper than 18". I have them on my Avalanche. 285/50/20 and they are $168 each.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:37 PM   #36
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
I doubt he cares a whole lot about the brakes . . .
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #37
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
My guestimations....

Spoiler. $150-250
Rims. $300-450
badging. $50-75
headlights. $750-1250.
Rear tails treatment: $200-300

RS package for the LT: $1450-2325
RS package for the SS: $1000-1625

Just brainstorming...does that sound reasonable to you guys?
I think the RS package would be closer to the high end of this estimate. The SS would be less, especially since it already has the RS rims and similar badging.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:51 PM   #38
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
thats where a grinder comes in handy...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXPMAN View Post
i could work with 18s, ive got them on the Z as it is. but i pay nearly 300 for my tires...(and yes, thats a piece)
Quote:
20" tires are cheaper than 18". I have them on my Avalanche. 285/50/20 and they are $168 each.
yes and no. depends on what tires, where you are buying them and the rest of the dimensions of the tire. for instance, i can buy 265/55/17s a lot cheaper than i can buy 265/30/17s. the smaller sidewall height adds a lot to the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I doubt he cares a whole lot about the brakes . . .
lol

yes and no. i do need to stop and wait for the competition to catch up...
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:08 PM   #39
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
I would thing that both the V6 and V8 rs packages will be a lot closer to the low end of that estimate. You do realize that HID lights cost 565 on the mustang? 750 I could possibly see, but absolutely no more than that.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:23 PM   #40
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
all gm needs to do is drop the LS9 in our 'maro and we'll have a bad ass Z28. but they need to let the ZR1 be up on the stage for a while longer. which from the looks of things is what GM is doing. why would people want to buy a ZR1 vette with an LS9 when they could have a Z28 Camaro for half the price ya know? i figure they will let it run a lil longer, come out with another motor (prolly a Gen V) for the vette, then we will get an LS9 Z28 Camaro with 600 hp for prolly 40-50k which would whoop the shit out of the gt500kr with its measly 540hp and 80k sticker price. (which the gt500's hp is 500, and costs nearly half as much...wtf is up with shelby, ford, saleen and all their stupid ass markups for bullshit cars that arent worth a damn)
if you want, ill tell you how i really feel. lol
Hmmm...I guess they set the MSRP at a price they thought the market will bear, otherwise, why would they build them at all? Based on the fact they are selling as many as they can make, I'd say they were certainly in the ballpark.

It's the dealers that put mark-ups over the suggested price, not the manufacturer. Trust me, nobody is immune to this practice, just ask the folks in the market for the ZR1. First year Gen 5 Camaro buyers are going to feel it, too. I'd hate to see what the premium over MSRP is going to be for a Z28 if they ever make one.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you feel that the cars you mentioned are "not worth a damn" because their performance, IYO, does not measure up to what it should be for the dollars spent. I will also make and educated guess that you "would buy a Z06 if I was going to spend that kind of money."
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:53 AM   #41
eric n
US muscle car lover!

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 6m, brembos
car and driver put the price of the new camaro at 33k for a high. Assuming they are off a little, still a pretty nicely priced car. Look at how cheap pontiac is making the g8 and it seems possible.

Just drove a new Corvette last weekend. The car damn near gave me wood. I was all hot to buy it. But, thinking I could get the camaro for say 35... damn that would be nice.

decisions, decisions.
eric n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:19 AM   #42
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Yeah I hope the Camaro is in the low 30s as well. I like to option out my cars, so I could handle 35K....any more than that and I would seriously start considering moving a little upscale to a vette.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote