Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #10263
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Fixed...

Hood spear? Reminds me of '87 Regal Grand Nationals:

TURBO 3.8 S.F.I.

Shave those off, and the car gained a 1/10!
My bad

I thought it was at least .2

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #10264
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I don't think we want a sleeper. I want something the equivalent of a howitzer poking out of the hood to grab attention Or - zoomies poking out from behind the front wheels
Touche

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #10265
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I don't think we want a sleeper. I want something the equivalent of a howitzer poking out of the hood to grab attention Or - zoomies poking out from behind the front wheels
From the HouZe of Z...ZOOMIES!

You'll find some in here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL...ayer_embedded#!

Now...if those '69 chambered pipes just made 'em sound like the Nitro Funnies...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #10266
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Sure I guess that I now have to be more specific?!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #10267
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
Excuse me?
Me likey the TA!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #10268
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Fanfare for the Common Man

I grew up in a family of common men. These are the common men of the Greatest Generation where the common man was an extraordinary man. When we sat down for the holidays, every man at the table worked in a steel mill, as an iron worker, the railroad or carpenter. I worked in the mills and as an apprentice iron worker to pay for college. The men that had so much influence on my life, the men I respect so much are all blue collar common men. I own a business and hope that the elders of my family see me as a blue collar common man.

Pete (my Dad)
Deceased
Grandpa Iso
Big Pete
Kum Pete
Uncle Nick M
Uncle Nick B
Uncle Tony
Uncle Dash
Kum Ike
Kum Mitch

These men taught me dignity and grace in the face of hardships. They saw the rise and fall of the steel industry in South Chicago. They walked the picket line as union men when all they were asking for was minimal work place safety. They took care of their families in good times and bad. They served our country in two wars and never talked about their heroics. They were no more and no less than blue collar common men.

That is lost today. Labor Day is not the end of summer celebration. Labor Day is the day we honor the common man and woman that are the backbone of our country and the source of our strength. We don't hear about this on the nightly news. I am not sure that many people even understand the dignity of hard work or the satisfaction of a job well done. In fact, I think the opposite is true. We look down on the common man. That is wrong for more reasons than I can count. On this Labor Day we are celebrating the Blue Collar Common Men and Women that I hold in high esteem.

I thank God for the gifts that he gave me in these role models and for the millions of blue collar common men and women that are of my past, present and future generations. God Bless Them All.

With all the unemployed and under-employed people working to find a more secure place I wanted to let them know that not only do we think about them, we care for and respect them. That may sound strange from a company that makes premium products or as some would say aspirational products. To us it isn't at all strange. No matter where life takes us, no matter where life takes me, I will always see myself as a blue collar common man and be a better man for it.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #10269
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Well said Pete, well said...
Quote:

I grew up in a family of common men. These are the common men of the Greatest Generation where the common man was an extraordinary man. When we sat down for the holidays, every man at the table worked in a steel mill, as an iron worker, the railroad or carpenter. I worked in the mills and as an apprentice iron worker to pay for college. The men that had so much influence on my life, the men I respect so much are all blue collar common men. I own a business and hope that the elders of my family see me as a blue collar common man.

Pete (my Dad)
Deceased
Grandpa Iso
Big Pete
Kum Pete
Uncle Nick M
Uncle Nick B
Uncle Tony
Uncle Dash
Kum Ike
Kum Mitch

These men taught me dignity and grace in the face of hardships. They saw the rise and fall of the steel industry in South Chicago. They walked the picket line as union men when all they were asking for was minimal work place safety. They took care of their families in good times and bad. They served our country in two wars and never talked about their heroics. They were no more and no less than blue collar common men.

That is lost today. Labor Day is not the end of summer celebration. Labor Day is the day we honor the common man and woman that are the backbone of our country and the source of our strength. We don't hear about this on the nightly news. I am not sure that many people even understand the dignity of hard work or the satisfaction of a job well done. In fact, I think the opposite is true. We look down on the common man. That is wrong for more reasons than I can count. On this Labor Day we are celebrating the Blue Collar Common Men and Women that I hold in high esteem.

I thank God for the gifts that he gave me in these role models and for the millions of blue collar common men and women that are of my past, present and future generations. God Bless Them All.

With all the unemployed and under-employed people working to find a more secure place I wanted to let them know that not only do we think about them, we care for and respect them. That may sound strange from a company that makes premium products or as some would say aspirational products. To us it isn't at all strange. No matter where life takes us, no matter where life takes me, I will always see myself as a blue collar common man and be a better man for it.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #10270
ShnOmac

Great post as usual JP.

There is something to be said about a person with a strong work ethic. Unfortunately it seems to be less and less common these days.

Last edited by ShnOmac; 08-30-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #10271
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Great post as usual JP.

There is something to be said about a person with a strong work ethic. Unfortunately it seems to be less and less common these days.
Amen brother on both lines.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #10272
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Me likey the TA!!!
Some day it might look like that

Don't know if I like the decals....

Quote:
How about those BEARS?
More powerful..............than?
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #10273
ShnOmac

Lord Nelson is how a leader should be but I always feel like the situation turns into the latter...

By the way.... Master and Commander is a great book series for anyone looking to read something different!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #10274
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
Some day it might look like that

Don't know if I like the decals....

More powerful..............than?
I prefer it without the extra decals, but you gotta keep the screamin' eagle. I had a brown 79 with gold trim and bird. Still miss it. Oh yeah GO BEARS!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #10275
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
I am simply stunned.................Bears?...............oh no no......no

Not gonna do it.

BTW good post Pete.

BTW2 can't beat the screaming chicken on a TA hood

BTW3 neutral idle SUCKS
Old 08-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #10276
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I prefer it without the extra decals, but you gotta keep the screamin' eagle. I had a brown 79 with gold trim and bird. Still miss it. Oh yeah GO BEARS!
Oh just the pace car decals.... you can't take the hood bird and trans am decals off!

Brown car. I like brown TA's.... but that might be because I like all 2nd gen Firebirds.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014