Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-31-2011, 07:58 PM   #43
edgar3

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
here is an exampleskip to about 2:30 and watch his wheels.... or watch the whole video cause its AMAZING! this guy is my idol
big deal....anybody can drive like that in a Ford Fiesta!!!!

damn, to even have the fun attempting to drive that well...very cool....

XSPower Longtube + Catback "Engine to Tip" polished steel
VMAX ported Throttle Body
160 degree thermostat
Street Tune East Coast Supercharging
Cold Air Inductions
TRex Phantom Black Billet Grill. Upper and lower
Custom Badging
Lloyd Floors mats
splash guards
Underhood Engine bay done
AAC LED mailslot strip lights
Flowing Cheese Fondue waterfall in console
Various food items to dip into warm cheese
edgar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:40 PM   #44
Ovenmitt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 RJT 1SS
Send a message via AIM to Ovenmitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky918 View Post
wait huh... you turn AWAY from the direction of the donut? thats counter steering when you drift... i wasnt trying to drift (at least not in this picture lol)
No, because you dont have any forward momentum when you're doing donuts. Promise.
Ovenmitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:09 PM   #45
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBert View Post
Zach is on the right track. Think of your car as a pendulum thats going swing , however in a rolling donut you need to set the car up to swing under power. You need to turn a touch right (at 3000 rpm or better, in first gear at first, then in second gear as your skills improve) with all the BS turned off then go hard left to get your momentum swinging. If you wish to make a tight set of circles, then immediately hit the brakes when it starts to swing to slow the rotation and then you can start to control your spin more like a powerbrake donut. You really didnt say what effect you were going for but there is alot more to it than making a turn and mashing the gas. Speaking of the gas pedal, you want to have the revs up just before your initial turn in, lift as you go right then mash it to the floor as you turn left. This puts more weight on the nose of the vehicle and will help you come around. Feather the gas to stay off the limiter as the limiter also limits the burn out. Most of all IGNORE all the people who are too afraid to actually use their car for this type of enjoyment. They really DO NOT know what they are missing. I cant imagine buying a car like this and then being afraid to have some fun in it. Give yourself a little more room next time as well things are going to get loopy.
... seriously, having a car like this and not having some fun is like paying for a prostitute without banging her
Old 06-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #46
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftDream View Post
lol some people are too serious about other people doing things in THEIR own car. Its not yours...stop worrying about it.
Because they don't want to see the inevitable 'Why did this break, GM sucks!' thread after they do something stupid.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #47
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
... seriously, having a car like this and not having some fun is like paying for a prostitute without banging her
Is that what you're supposed to do?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #48
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Everyone I know who's attempted to do donuts has needed a new power steering pump
ahemmmm, that's not entirely true....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #49
Rocky918

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
Ah, the follies of youth. Keep practicing, you'll figure it out eventually, and somewhere on down the road you'll realize how childish it really is.

or not...
When your an old man, everything seems childish... but if you enjoy doing something in the present and it puts a smile on your face... then power to you... cause life is about having a good time in the present
Old 06-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #50
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
When your an old man, everything seems childish... but if you enjoy doing something in the present and it puts a smile on your face... then power to you... cause life is about having a good time in the present
I'm an old man, relatively speaking... I don't find having fun in my Camaro childish... If others do, then that's their problem... If they had to pay for repairs, or payments, or whatever, then ok, but... I pay my way and do pretty much as I please...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 06-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #51
QBert
Traction Control Hater

Drives: 1968 SS and 2010 SS
25 years of killing tires, still just as fun today as it was long ago. Damn, it just made goosebumps when I thought of how many tires that works out to.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #52
Rocky918

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I'm an old man, relatively speaking... I don't find having fun in my Camaro childish... If others do, then that's their problem... If they had to pay for repairs, or payments, or whatever, then ok, but... I pay my way and do pretty much as I please...
Quote:
25 years of killing tires, still just as fun today as it was long ago. Damn, it just made goosebumps when I thought of how many tires that works out to.
guys ... and I hope 25 years from now when im a relative old man ... ill still be playing around with my powerful / fast car at the time just like both of you

Last edited by Rocky918; 06-02-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Rocky918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #53
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I think I found your answer

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:30 AM   #54
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Agreed, I consider it my contribution to recycling... as most tires are recycled now...

Quote:
guys ... and I hope 25 years from now when im a relative old man ... ill still be playing around with my powerful / fast car at the time just like both of you
The day you stop living is the day you start dying... like some of the "fun is evil" types lurking in this and a few other threads...

Enjoy it safely, but enjoy it...

Bring on the flame throwers...

Old 06-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #55
Devon
Highway Man

Drives: '10 2SS/RS
Here's how I do it in my A6: Nannies off, trans in shift mode, first gear. I roll up to about 10 mph, punch the throttle while cranking the wheel the way I want to spin. I keep it just shy of the limiter. Once I'm about one full rotation in, I give it a bit of counter steer and kinda saw the wheel between turn-in and counter steer to keep my nose where I want it and keep the throttle just under the limiter the whole time. Shifting into second helps if you are on really smooth pavement as you don't need as much torque to keep the wheels spinning as you need to get them loose. Again, keep of the rev-limiter. Depending on the surface you may need to feather the throttle a bit to keep constant traction breakage. Continue until you're dizzy or you feel you've sacrificed enough rubber to the tire gods. Enjoy!

Roto-Fab Intake
Tuned by dynosteve @ RDP
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote