Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #15
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Bang for the buck, I don't think the HWE cars are worth the price, but I do love how they look.

Also, I know nothing about your finances, but if you just paid off your V6, what's wrong with enjoying it for a while (car payment free)? You can always stuff the equivalent of your monthly payments away into a "Future SS" fund.

Prospective Camaro buyers are going to be in an interesting position here once details about the 6th Gen start coming to light. You may find that you want to save your pennies for a 6th Gen, or, pull the trigger on one of the last 5th gens.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #16
onewaydave
Innocent Bystander

Drives: 2013 ZL1 BRM/2002 35th SS/2009 GMC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Bang for the buck, I don't think the HWE cars are worth the price, but I do love how they look.

Also, I know nothing about your finances, but if you just paid off your V6, what's wrong with enjoying it for a while (car payment free)? You can always stuff the equivalent of your monthly payments away into a "Future SS" fund.

Prospective Camaro buyers are going to be in an interesting position here once details about the 6th Gen start coming to light. You may find that you want to save your pennies for a 6th Gen, or, pull the trigger on one of the last 5th gens.
I think the HWE are good looking cars. There are deals out there all the time. I for one know there is always something better down the road, that being said, you can't wait forever. But, going payment free is always great! Buy a little time and Bank some $$$!

Living on the RaGgEd EdGe!
onewaydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #17
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Just think if you can wait 4 years and put that payment in a Car fund account, you may just about have enough to pay cash for a new SS, or at least have a small payment.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:37 PM   #18
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Id keep the v6 and buy or lease the Hot wheels.

Oh and yes the v8 is definitely worth the money.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:57 PM   #19
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
These are the first things you'll notice when you jump into a V8...

• Very touchy and more powerful feeling brakes
  • Much more off idle torque
  • Heavier front end
  • Rougher ride on 2010/11 (2013 felt much smoother to me)

I also can notice the AFM kicking in and out on the auto.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #20
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
how in the world would we know if it's worth it? it's your money, your ride. is 90HP worth more debt, or 10k up front? only you can answer that.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #21
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
ss all the way.
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:40 AM   #22
White Shark

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Yep, go for the test drive and buy a bag of cookies for the trip! You will be driving the Hot Wheels back
White Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:02 AM   #23
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongono93 View Post
Yeah lol I mean it still has power but I have never drove a v8

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
What .... You never test driven the SS? Why? ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
its debatable if the hot wheels extra cost is worth it though, a 1le yes, the hot wheels is just appearance for a lot more, I would go with a standard 2ss/rs and save the extra cash, unless you get a smoking deal, its all in taste, and I hate the wheels on the hotwheels car, I have seen them look a lot nicer with aftermarket wheels, and so much of the price is in the larger wheels..... and future higher priced tires...
Didn't the HWE pull off a faster time than the Regular SS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post

I wouldn't wait for a 6th Gen , if you like the Retro muscle car look!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:55 AM   #24
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Ultimately it is your opinion that makes the extra $$ worth it or not. Test drive a V8 and see if it is worth it to you. Maybe the extra throw you back in the seat power isn't worth it, maybe the roar of a V8 isn't that great to you, but maybe it is everything you hoped it would be and more.

In my opinion, heck yes the V8 is worth it! I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's no replacement for displacement.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote