Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
accounting anyone?

I am taking my first OFFICAL College level class, Accounting 201. & my husband is working with me. We are currently on chapter 2.

which deals with debit & credit stuff.

anyone else who has delt with this class????

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
Oddball

Drives: attentively
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
I am taking my first OFFICAL College level class, Accounting 201. & my husband is working with me. We are currently on chapter 2.

My father always TOLD me, and still tells me to be an accountant. I didn't listen. I should have. In this day and age, if you're not working in I.T. or programming, then keeping track of the money is the next best thing. Good luck to ya, and study hard.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
Hamilton2400

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra/2015 GMC Acadia
I'm an engineering major at Tennessee Tech University. Im currently in Accounting 3720. I absolutely hate this class and cant imagine why on earth anyone would want to major in accounting.
Hamilton2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton2400 View Post
I'm an engineering major at Tennessee Tech University. Im currently in Accounting 3720. I absolutely hate this class and cant imagine why on earth anyone would want to major in accounting.
I am not majoring in Accounting lol But Business. But Accounting 201-203 is required for a MBA lo

Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
Hamilton2400

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra/2015 GMC Acadia
Quote:
I am not majoring in Accounting lol But Business. But Accounting 201-203 is required for a MBA lo
This class is required for my major as well. If it wasn't for my wife I'd be failing this class. She helps me with all my homework. lol She is a finance major
Hamilton2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
My first life was doing accounting for a living. I didn't get a CPA or anything, but I've done AR/AP/Payroll/Inventory and other stuff for a variety of companies. I migrated to IT when it was found I actually knew something about computers. I've worked at several companies that make accounting software so I'm still a little exposed to it...but it's been years since I've really actually done any real accounting work.

I never did get a CPA, though...
Old 04-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #7
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
CPA's can actually make pretty good money...
Old 04-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #8
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
My first life was doing accounting for a living. I didn't get a CPA or anything, but I've done AR/AP/Payroll/Inventory and other stuff for a variety of companies. I migrated to IT when it was found I actually knew something about computers. I've worked at several companies that make accounting software so I'm still a little exposed to it...but it's been years since I've really actually done any real accounting work.

I never did get a CPA, though...
I DIDNT KNOW THIS Lol HUM maybe you should be helping me

Quote:
This class is required for my major as well. If it wasn't for my wife I'd be failing this class. She helps me with all my homework. lol She is a finance major
My husband took high school accounting 25yrs ago lol. so he is helping me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
CPA's can actually make pretty good money...
yea some of the other gals taking the class are taking the class to get raises in their current jobs. If they take all 3 classes then they get raises.

I am taking it since I am require to lol. PLUS I WANT OUT OF the school district.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
I gotta take accounting for business too :( but i think mine may be a 100 level class, at least i hope it is! lol
Old 04-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #10
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
I gotta take accounting for business too :( but i think mine may be a 100 level class, at least i hope it is! lol
well they do have a practical accounting which is CIS 107 (basic accounting) & it was suggested to me before i took acc 201.

lol, but I didnt want to take cis 107 I wanted principals of accounting

Old 04-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #11
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

You have to remember, I learned most of my accounting in high school back in 1980-81, with some exposure in college where I studied mechanical engineering.

Interestingly, accounting saved my GPA in high school. I was actually able to take 2 years of classes at my own pace, and pretty much polished off 2 years of courses in about 2 months. I pretty much aced all the tests.

I can see why one of the previous posts got bored. Accounting really is pretty simple, really. It's more about being detail oriented, to the point of OCD.

Also, remember...I did accounting initially before computers were really used. While I was doing accounting, I ended up studying Computer Operating (mainframes) for IBM's & such. Ended up getting a job down in California where I ran a Data General mini computer, which had a disk platter you took out and replaced regularly for backing it up. I did all the accounting, data entry, inventory and distributing of reports there. Even had to do payroll and co-sign the checks. It's why my signature is a scrawl, since doing 250 checks every week got pretty old.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #12
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post

A little advise: don't over complicate it and it doesn't matter why.....

Debits are on the left and credits are on the right.
Assets are debits and expenses are debits
Liabilities, Equity and income are credits
When you add them all up, they always equal zero!

There you have it, accounting simplified.

BTW: Cash flow and financial accounting are the two most important items in all successful businesses. Accounting/Finance should be as mandatory in all education curriculum's just like reading, writing, history, science, etc.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #13
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
I have a BS in Business administration with a concentration in Accounting. I took and passed all courses into the 400 level. That was in 1995 I was qualified to sit for the CPA exam but I never did.

I have worked in IT for the last 15 years so now I have forgotten all of that knowledge except for the basic debit credit stuff.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #14
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
I take the Regulation (tax and business law) portion of the CPA exam on Monday. I have a minor in accounting. I majored in economics, and I currently work for an economic damages and forensic accounting firm. They paid the $3,250 for the Becker CPA review course for me, and also the $950 to register for the exam itself... so I figured why not do it.