Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Talking Well It's Been Two Months Now With the Vert

Now that I have had the car for two months I am 100% satisfied with the decision to go with the vert (looks and luxury over power)
I have always wanted a vert and am so glad my first one is a Camaro, I am also blessed to have this car during the time my car has transitioned to "toy" status and I just drive it for pleasure instead of for work.

I really enjoy this car a whole lot more than I did when I had my hard top (Lil' Blue Coupe) Many folks said dont get the convertible, its noisy in the wind,(actually it is rather quiet), you will never have the top down in this area(wrong again, I have the top down all the time), its nothing but problems(not an issue yet), it will leak (how would I know....the tops always down, lol), etc...

Today I had the most fun in it to date, I took my Dad out for Fathers day for a nice cruise around town in it. I could tell right away he was rather impressed especially with the top down, ya he also liked my hardtop, but he REALLY likes the soft top. I offered for him to drive it but he was a bit shy and declined the offer, Ill work on him, I know he will break one day and then he can get in her and let her loose.

permagrin all the way.........
Old 06-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
Burn Notice24

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
Now that I have had the car for two months I am 100% satisfied with the decision to go with the vert (looks and luxury over power)
I have always wanted a vert and am so glad my first one is a Camaro, I am also blessed to have this car during the time my car has transitioned to "toy" status and I just drive it for pleasure instead of for work.

I really enjoy this car a whole lot more than I did when I had my hard top (Lil' Blue Coupe) Many folks said dont get the convertible, its noisy in the wind,(actually it is rather quiet), you will never have the top down in this area(wrong again, I have the top down all the time), its nothing but problems(not an issue yet), it will leak (how would I know....the tops always down, lol), etc...

Today I had the most fun in it to date, I took my Dad out for Fathers day for a nice cruise around town in it. I could tell right away he was rather impressed especially with the top down, ya he also liked my hardtop, but he REALLY likes the soft top. I offered for him to drive it but he was a bit shy and declined the offer, Ill work on him, I know he will break one day and then he can get in her and let her loose.

permagrin all the way.........
I had to listen to the same thing. I don't see very many verts in this area but I do see a lot of hard tops. I like being a little more unique. No regrets.
Burn Notice24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
rock on
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:09 PM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Congratulations, I am approaching 2 years and still feel the same way... Every time I drive it, it's just awesome!
Keep on cruisin'
Old 06-15-2014, 06:11 PM   #5
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Shouldn't have to worry about too many leaks in the desert....

Glad you had a great day with your dad, and the car is working out well for you.

Jim

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:19 PM   #6
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
2013 and up received a redesigned top mechanism, top material, and water bag system. I love the vert.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:28 PM   #7
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Thanks everyone....now I'm jusut sittin at airport waitin to pick up my wife and daughter. Was a nice topdown drive all the way across the city to the airport had the "classic rewind" on XM radio cranked up all the way....sure gonna miss the XM when my free trial is up......I hate paying for radio....
Old 06-15-2014, 10:20 PM   #8
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Although I'm taking mine in tomorrow for a new canvas top, I wouldn't trade her for anything! I absolutely love this car! Congrats on a wise choice. Wishing you many miles of Permagrin and Happy Pappy's Day!
Old 06-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #9
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Thanks everyone....now I'm jusut sittin at airport waitin to pick up my wife and daughter. Was a nice topdown drive all the way across the city to the airport had the "classic rewind" on XM radio cranked up all the way....sure gonna miss the XM when my free trial is up......I hate paying for radio....
When your free trial is up tell them to cancel, they will offer you a discount, if you don't take it you will get an offer in the mail that will be even better....
Old 06-15-2014, 11:38 PM   #10
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
When your free trial is up tell them to cancel, they will offer you a discount, if you don't take it you will get an offer in the mail that will be even better....
+1
Old 06-16-2014, 01:41 AM   #11
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
I love Classic Rewind, but my subscription ran out. I will wait for the in mail offer. I hope you keep and use sunscreen in your vert. Especially in Vegas.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:22 AM   #12
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
You should be able to get a six months for 29.99 deal. $5 month is a great deal!
Old 06-16-2014, 08:04 AM   #13
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
2013 and up received a redesigned top mechanism, top material, and water bag system. I love the vert.
What does that black screen behind the front seats do? Is it easily storable?
Old 06-16-2014, 08:13 AM   #14
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
What does that black screen behind the front seats do? Is it easily storable?

I have been testing the windscreen out. It is most effective at freeway speeds wth windows up.....barely any wind buffeting and it makes it so u can hear the radio better. Is worth having IMO. And yes it rolds u nicely for easy storage