Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
ihe08

Drives: 1979 camaro
camaro ss vs. g37 coupe

thinking of buying...can't decide on wich one. It would be a daily driver
ihe08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
i looked at the g37 very nice but imagine seeing yourself in your camaro(big muscle car) vs g37 (peepsqueek ricer)

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
It depends on why do you want the car. I picture the g37 coupe as a vehicle you buy when you get older and just wanna be "settled". It's a beautiful car, but I dunno what makes it better than the Camaro. As far as the Camaro goes, specifically the "SS", it's a fast as hell vehicle, an intermix of modern/retro interior, and it's the hottest vehicle out hands down. Besides a supercar that you'll rarely see on the street, the Camaro is that "movie car" that everyone wished they had yet it's on the street and your driving it.

As far as a speed comparison goes, the Camaro SS will eat an infiniti for lunch. The infiniti is a very nice,sexy, and "smooth" looking car to own, but it's a luxury vehicle, it cannot do what the Camaro can. The Camaro has speed, power, TORQUE lol, and a very distinctive look to it not found in many other cars. The Camaro just looks mean, yet sexy at the same time. It's hard to explain. I'm an owner, and let me put it this way,...I wanted an infiniti before ordering a camaro, but I get more with the Camaro. I get a faster car plus lower monthly insurance because it's not a "luxury" brand, lol! Im straight! Dude, go look at some pictures of both cars,.......read up on the features, and then make a decision based on how YOU feel.

All I can say is this Camaro was the greatest purchase I could have ever made. 100,000 mile powertrain warranty FTW.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Camaro SS for sure. Much better car overall. The G37 looks nice enough but the hardware underneath is garbage. The VQ is an unrefined engine, and the transmissions have issues. Not to mention serviceability and parts cost, the Camaro will cost you much less in the long run. Nissan's reliability record is sketchy, and the VQ is a known oil burner. Nothing will fix its shortcomings, because it is a poorly designed engine to begin with.

With the Camaro, you get the LS3 and the TR6060, which means one of the best engines ever build combined with the best 6 speed manual transmission ever built. Hard to beat that.
Wesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
returnofcc
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 VW GTI
G37: More elegant styling, better interior in all aspects, better handling.
Camaro: More aggressive styling, better straight line performer, longer warranty.

Whatever floats your boat, they are both good cars. I'm actually also considering a g37 coupe, because it comes with awd, and that's a bonus for northeasterners, but you probably don't need that in puerto rico.
returnofcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
foxman

Drives: 2010 2SS Black
I've owned a G35 for about 3 years and it's a great car. I loved the car and styling from the first time I saw it so I bought it. I also own a Shelby Cobra so that satisfied my craving for pure power.
After getting the Infiniti, in about a month, I let my wife drive it because it was just hohum to drive. Power doesn't come in until about 4000 rpm but it's pretty decent. The ride is nice but not what I would consider luxurious.
It handled very respectibly the couple of time I brought it to open track day at the road course. Shifting and braking where exceptional. Very smooth at cornering and I turned some very respectable lap times as long as I kept the engine above 4K.
However, at first glimpse of the new camaro, I new it would be my next car. The Infiniti has been traded in on the new camaro and I'm not sad at all to see it go.
If you want a fast head turning that will get your blood pumping sports car, get the camaro. If you want a luxury sport coupe, but have a a yearning for a little power but are scared by a really powerful sports car, get the Infiniti. If you want the sh*t scared out of you and your passengers, get a cobra!!
foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

VS

*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
Old 12-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #8
tyler20c

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I have a camaro but I drive a G coupe quite often. The G is easier to drive for sure, and its very fun to drive. Raw power and looks go to the camaro though. Also, the clutch on the G SUCKS. No other way of putting it. Guess its just your preference.
tyler20c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #9
tyler20c

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
who says the g37 is better handling?
the camaro isn't the old type of muscle car that can't turn.... it is more like the newer gen that can actually turn.
And the G37 handles way better. No question.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #10
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler20c View Post
And the G37 handles way better. No question.
I disagree. I've hit corners doing 90 and the Camaro grips like a tiger. It hugs the corners like they're bestfriends.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
Old 12-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #11
foxman

Drives: 2010 2SS Black
I own both and the G35 doesn't handle better than my camaro. However, you do have better visibility of the track without the large hood in front. (...but what's under that big hood is why I enjoy driving my camaro more...)
My wife drives the g35.
foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #12
tyler20c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
I disagree. I've hit corners doing 90 and the Camaro grips like a tiger. It hugs the corners like they're bestfriends.
Im not saying the camaro doesn't handle great, because it definitely does! It has more grip exiting a turn as well. But the G is set up much stiffer and when you really nail a corner it is simply more composed. Don't get me wrong, I like my camaro way more than the G coupe.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #13
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
The camaro doesnt handle bad, the Infiniti is just better. it comes natural with a lighter car. I myself would prefer a Camaro since it is faster in every respect. the Infiniti is more of a V6 camaro competitor than anything (performance wise)
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #14
AmericanV8

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, Chrysler 300 SRT8
Quote:

VS

HAHAHAHAHA!!!
AmericanV8 is offline   Reply With Quote