Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-22-2008, 09:24 AM   #113
Mblock66

Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
Here is what I don't get. They are going to offer a CAI and a Cat Back exhaust but they are already offering a dual mode (like the vette).

So if you opt for the CAI and this somehow better CAT back then the dual mode they slap em on and you retain your GM warrenty but you get nothing out of them lol. If you don't tune for better breathing and lean the car out hence making more power with that increased flow.....it is all a waste of money. But since they aren't offereing a GM certified reflash for these GM mods, it is pointless to buy them.

You will buy these then need a tune which will be traceable by GM and void your engine warrenty anyway.....(shrugs)
Mblock66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #114
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Might be a few options I’d get, exhaust (I’d have to hear it first), short-throw shifter, headers depending on price and hp increase, ducktail spoiler, air box again price and hp dependent. Probably would just get 19’s or 20’ from Tire rack and use the existing 20’s for snow’s.

The ground effects and giant spoiler are just way to much for me.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:20 AM   #115
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
I don't mean to assume I know what crate motors will be offered. But GM has stated that the LS7 will go away after this year's Z06. So, you might be able to get one of the last ls7's. But the general concensus is the ls7 won't be available for the Camaro.

I should have been more clear in my first response
So if the LS7 is going away. I'd only guess but maybe the LSX block is next in line? I just know from looking at GMPP that the LS7 is a purchasable option right now. If not. there is always a 454 block or a 502.... although a 502 might require some modifications.

And as far as the speedo.... if i do remember right. the 2002 SS has a 200MPH speedo. I'm not totally sure, but I remember passing by a guy in Seattle and saw the dash all lit up. Was kinda cool.
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:45 AM   #116
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinZero View Post
So if the LS7 is going away. I'd only guess but maybe the LSX block is next in line? I just know from looking at GMPP that the LS7 is a purchasable option right now. If not. there is always a 454 block or a 502.... although a 502 might require some modifications.

That is a question that hasn't been answered yet. And I really want to know how that will work.

If you order a crate motor as an GMPP accessory, does that mean you will have two engines? Similar to ordering the CAT Back. I'm assuming you keep the original CAT and pay full price for the new one. So, will the crate motors be the same, or will they allow some sort of Core return so you can disount the price of the crate motor with a credit of some kind if they keep the original? And, what is the list of motors that you can arder for the camaro?
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #117
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
SO MANY OPTIONS!
Im not one for flashy spoilers, but it sure looks fun to drive by just looking at it!
I could see many import fans turning on to the Camaro by this racey appearance. Power & custom style! One more example of GM beating imports at their own game! IMO (ref Volt vs Prius)

dont know about the body kit, but air intake and exhaust sound mighty appealing to me!

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:10 PM   #118
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
they are trying to pick up that kind of demographic which makes sense the more demographics you pick up the more money you get
Old 09-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #119
jims69camaro

Drives: 1969 camaro coupe; 1987 IROC z
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaguy View Post
I wonder how they're gonna fit that big sub through that tiny trunk opening lol.
hmmm... i dunno... maybe before the body meets the chassis on the assembly line?
Old 09-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #120
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
the pass thru in the back seat......
Old 09-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #121
SoSmoked

Drives: 00 camaro SS convt white
Interesting that the first day of ordering will be 10/13. Isn't that the same day that the new Christian Slater TV show is coming out. Won't his car in the show be a new Camaro. Maybe there will be some announcement.
SoSmoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:36 PM   #122
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
The body kit and spoiler are way to riced out. Come on GM just because there is a band wagon doesn't mean u have to jump on. Keep the Camaro a muscle car. What does crate engines mean, someone needs to find this out pronto. Shorty headers are a joke, thats almost as useless as the riced out accessories.
02 SS, STOCK, THE SLO HO
08 CTS, POS
EFI Live
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences!"

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

--Samuel Adams
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #123
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Quick someone give me some chop sticks for all that rice. Just what we need, a bunch of V6 winged riced out body kitted Camaros roaming the streets.

I think i'll wait a year to feel the scene out before i make a purchase, i wont be associated with this car if thats how its going to be marketed. Leaning towards the new Maxima or GXP.
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #124
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
I like the ground effects just because it looks, as it stands, that the Camaro's rockers sit too high and the bottom of the front bumper is just too damned chunky to be sleek. Even if you lower it, I still think it might be too high. The front splitter help with that a lot, but then the front sits too low for the sides so you need the side skirts. Can't say I'm a fan of the rear bumper, but GM probably won't break up a kit just to please me. I'd take the stock rear bumper over that (and it probably won't be all that hard to swap the rear bumper and axle back for someone who wants them. And I'd, of course, take the Blade Spoiler over the wing. The Blade Spoiler reminds me of RPO D80, and I don't think a 69 looks complete without it.

That's where I stand now, we'll see when the production cars are released and everything is finalized.
LSxJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:47 PM   #125
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley78 View Post
Quick someone give me some chop sticks for all that rice. Just what we need, a bunch of V6 winged riced out body kitted Camaros roaming the streets.

I think i'll wait a year to feel the scene out before i make a purchase, i wont be associated with this car if thats how its going to be marketed. Leaning towards the new Maxima or GXP.
Wow thats just stupid. Who cares what a few ricers do, all I know is it won't look worse than this:

Old 09-22-2008, 02:56 PM   #126
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNIGHTMARE View Post
The body kit and spoiler are way to riced out. Come on GM just because there is a band wagon doesn't mean u have to jump on. Keep the Camaro a muscle car. What does crate engines mean, someone needs to find this out pronto. Shorty headers are a joke, thats almost as useless as the riced out accessories.
Am I seeing thing or is that spoiler an Impala leftover????? NASTY!!!!!
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote