Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #15
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
You probably saw our sales thread in the vendor area or one of our customers who posted pictures. It is a special order item from CAI but we keep them in stock so our customers don't have to wait. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up.

Here's my question - when are one of you site venders going to have a group purchase for the CAI intakes? Like $50 off if you get X orders? I'm sure it would drum up a lot of business.

In fact, I think that Camaro5 should add a "Group Purchase" forum to encourage vendors to offer more of them. Other sites have this, and its usually the first place I browse every time I visit the site. Everybody likes a good deal...

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #16
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
Auto anything,,,10% off,,,
use code pbea3 ..injen cai in wrinkle black..you won't be disapointed..

http://www.autoanything.com
Just so you guys know there are sponsors on the board that match this price. Not just us but others as well.
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #17
NickJRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg_98ta View Post
Here's my question - when are one of you site venders going to have a group purchase for the CAI intakes? Like $50 off if you get X orders? I'm sure it would drum up a lot of business.

In fact, I think that Camaro5 should add a "Group Purchase" forum to encourage vendors to offer more of them. Other sites have this, and its usually the first place I browse every time I visit the site. Everybody likes a good deal...
Problem is we are already making very little on the CAI kits. James is a very small company that is still getting rolling. The product margins aren't there for him or us to do it. We would have already been on it :(

He does a new facility coming which will help with a production. We will see what the future holds.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:28 AM   #18
NickJRE

Quote:

Check out each section in the sponsors forum, we actually just finished a group buy and I've seen quite a few from others vendors
Old 10-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #19
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickJRE View Post
Problem is we are already making very little on the CAI kits. James is a very small company that is still getting rolling. The product margins aren't there for him or us to do it.

That could well be true in this case. But if he wants to grow, some large orders might lower his costs and help facilitate his expansion... at least that's the type of thing I've seen in the past. A lot of small manufacturers seem to be willing to drop the price only when being guaranteed a certain number of units sold.

And I do check the vender forums occasionally for sales and have seen a few group buys. But there are too many to browse daily, like I would check a group purchase only forum. There are still a lot of things I would buy for my Camaro if the price was right.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #20
NickJRE

Quote:
That could well be true in this case. But if he wants to grow, some large orders might lower his costs and help facilitate his expansion... at least that's the type of thing I've seen in the past. A lot of small manufacturers seem to be willing to drop the price only when being guaranteed a certain number of units sold.

And I do check the vender forums occasionally for sales and have seen a few group buys. But there are too many to browse daily, like I would check a group purchase only forum. There are still a lot of things I would buy for my Camaro if the price was right.

I agree with you. We have placed large orders, he can't go any lower on the price and it's not enough margin to do a group buy.

I like the idea of a group buy forum. I was just helping you out in the meantime.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #21
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:

The other issue is He can't keep up with the demand currently, but this will be rectified with the new facility.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #22
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The other issue is He can't keep up with the demand currently, but this will be rectified with the new facility.

Ted.
+1 Ceramic coated or black, we can't get them fast enough. We take them off the truck, slap shipping labels on them and put them back on the truck.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote