Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
Bumblebeesucks

Drives: Bumblebee
Finally ordered my CAI

So glad I ordered it can't wait to put it on. Anyone have a noticeable difference in MPG or power? Also it's cold air inductions so can I put it on myself and keep warranty?
Bumblebeesucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
As with everything, if you have the skill level, you can put it on yourself.

I have the v6 with the injen intake and I noticed a bump in power and throttle response as well as a nice sound upgrade

good luck!
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
Ice Demon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Putting a cai in is so easy a cave man can I do it. you will notice a lil more power and you will be able to hear the differents. The mpg will most likely stay the same.

Mods on v6 are: K&N cai with washer bottle delete, BBK longtube headers with High flow cats, Trifecta tune (on the way) and muffler delete.
Ice Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #4
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Very easy to install, I did it myself. U wont notice a huge difference in mpg but u will notice a difference in performance and sound.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
P3SAR
Waiting to Drive

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM w/SIM
I have heard so many different claims about cold air kits. Are these cars really showing a bump in power?
Sorry to hijack the thread, just want to learn
Old 01-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #6
preppykid

Drives: Black LT Camaro
After watching this video about a BBK CAI, I went ahead and bought it. I thought it showed a lot of imrpoverment for a V-6 and at about $250, it was a good deal.

Performance improvements at the end of vid***

Last edited by preppykid; 01-01-2012 at 11:06 PM.
preppykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #7
P3SAR
Waiting to Drive

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM w/SIM
Good video, thanks
Old 01-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #8
Bumblebeesucks

Drives: Bumblebee
Your questions are as good as mine. Always willing to learn more.

Also thanks for the replies and the video
Bumblebeesucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #9
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by P3SAR View Post
I have heard so many different claims about cold air kits. Are these cars really showing a bump in power?
To honest it depends on who u talk to. Some say yes, some say no. If it does increase hp, its not by much, maybe 5-10hp. The most noticable difference is it helps eliminate hesitation which feels like increased hp. Its like this in both the v6 & v8. I had a '11 LT that had a cai & now my SS which has one too. It improved both on faster takeoff, less hesitation, & deeper sound especially noticeable w aftermarket exhaust. CAI r def worth the money. Its a big difference.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
gelboy1015

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, MKIII Supras
I installed my CAI in 10-15 min. Easy to do and worth the time and money!
gelboy1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #11
SC2PRKR
2012 SS 45th Just Arrived

Drives: 2014 Z71 Silverado
I have the CAI and Love it! Sound is surely better...
Attached Images

SC2PRKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #12
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebeesucks View Post
So glad I ordered it can't wait to put it on. Anyone have a noticeable difference in MPG or power? Also it's cold air inductions so can I put it on myself and keep warranty?
You will definitely notice a difference, especially in throttle response. Install is simple, it will come with detailed instructions. As for warranty the intake will not affect the vehicles warranty. Thanks for choosing CAI Inc.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3SAR View Post
There are definitely a lot of different claims out there, personally I can only speak for our system. There is no disputing that our system will add power (16 RWHP on the V6 and 15 RWHP on the V8) as well as other great benefits such as better sound at WOT, Improved throttle response, TQ, looks, and in some cases Fuel Economy. Different Dynos and different vehicles may mean slightly different gains, but I can guruantee you that you will have a noticeable increase in power. Check out what our customers are saying: http://www.coldairinductions.com/testimonials

Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2PRKR View Post
I have the CAI and Love it! Sound is surely better...
Thank you for choosing CAI Inc. (Cold Air Inductions Inc) we really appreciate your business and support and are glad that you are happy with your new CAI!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
InfernoOrangeSS
VERITAS AEQUITAS

Drives: 2012 IOM SS
Cool

I am assuming different versions will require different skill levels to install. On the BBK video, the washer reservoir is still there, but on others I have seen it removed, or moved. I think with my skill level with today's cars, I could install something like the BBK version. I am not so sure about something that would require moving the washer bottle, etc. (Not that I couldn't do it, but wouldn't feel comfortable doing it.)

Are the HP gains for the V8 for the Manual only? When I get my Camaro SS/RS it will be automatic and I wonder if it will do the same for an Automatic concerning HP increase and improved sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Happiness is an IOM Camaro...
InfernoOrangeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #14
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
You will definitely notice a difference, especially in throttle response. Install is simple, it will come with detailed instructions. As for warranty the intake will not affect the vehicles warranty. Thanks for choosing CAI Inc.!

There are definitely a lot of different claims out there, personally I can only speak for our system. There is no disputing that our system will add power (16 RWHP on the V6 and 15 RWHP on the V8) as well as other great benefits such as better sound at WOT, Improved throttle response, TQ, looks, and in some cases Fuel Economy. Different Dynos and different vehicles may mean slightly different gains, but I can guruantee you that you will have a noticeable increase in power. Check out what our customers are saying: http://www.coldairinductions.com/testimonials

Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help!!

Thank you for choosing CAI Inc. (Cold Air Inductions Inc) we really appreciate your business and support and are glad that you are happy with your new CAI!!
I've been looking at purchasing one as well. Do you offer any forum discounts?
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote