Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #43
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
jeez tht sux thank god everyone was ok, but man i probably would been tearing looking at those cars

always wear my seat belt and anyone who doesn;t wanna wear one in my car can !#$@ walk !!
Quote:
Occupant Protection (from http://www.madd.org/stats/2371):

Use of safety belts at the time of a crash makes a significant difference in hospitalization outcomes. One person in six (17%) who was wearing a safety belt at the time of the crash was hospitalized compared to one person in three (32%) who was not wearing a safety belt at the time of the crash. Wearing a seat belt in the event of a collision can increase your chances of survival by 50%(NHTSA, 2005)
Old 04-09-2009, 11:37 PM   #44
Yellow2010

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS 2010
I work in a hospital and have worked in the ER, I have always heard it call DOA (dead on arrival). No one get up set, but doctors and nurses have nickname for motor cycle driver, their called organ donors. I am sure most of yall have heard that before. We are refering to the young ones who think that nothing will happen to them becaue they are too good of a driver and will never lay their bike down.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #45
Camarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow2010 View Post
I work in a hospital and have worked in the ER, I have always heard it call DOA (dead on arrival). No one get up set, but doctors and nurses have nickname for motor cycle driver, their called organ donors. I am sure most of yall have heard that before. We are refering to the young ones who think that nothing will happen to them becaue they are too good of a driver and will never lay their bike down.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:37 AM   #46
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Very sad. Unless they were street racing then that's the driver's fault, and that makes me angry.
LMAO!!! Sorry for off topic BUT dang it MILK your avatars are awesome! You should post a thread of all the ones you have used so far just for fun.

to the OP... That's horrible... I am glad everyone is okay, except our friends/comrades who fell today...
Old 04-10-2009, 04:15 AM   #47
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
I remember some people wondering why an aftermarket company would offer almost every part to basically allow someone to build their own new '69 Camaro....

Glad the drivers/passengers are ok as cars can be replaced.
2002 White Camaro Z28 A4
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #48
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Inappropriate Language

Name:  rulez.gif
Views: 153
Size:  7.6 KB

People.......... Remember to please watch your "Language"

Thanks

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:23 AM   #49
Camarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Attachment 20497

People.......... Remember to please watch your "Language"

Thanks
aww shux, the post i replied to had bad language (it wasn't me right?)
well the poster was a lil confused as to what happened
just to clear it up for anyone who may be confused

NO ONE DIED IN THIS CRASH, EVERYONE ONE WAS FINE, THE 2 DOA/DRT WERE THE CAMAROS THAT WERE TOTALED LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2010CamaroLover View Post
I'm a paramedic and i just got back to the station after a horrible horrible wreck... There were 4 cars involved and 6 people... This next part is very hard for me... We had two DOA/DRT (dead on arrival/dead right there) Oh don't worry all the people involved were fine. But we lost two beauties.. A beautifully restored '69 Camaro. Costom blue paint job, beautiful white leather interior, original engine. And the other was a 1999 Z28. Black, black leather with tons of mods. Both were completely totaled, how the two owners were ok i still don't know. The only theories have is that GM builds a damn good vehicle and kept them safe. Now I've seen everything from people who've died due to crashes all the way to limbs lying in the middle of the street and plenty in between that i wont test the weak stomached with. But this... this got to me! I was so distraught on sceen that my partner had to hit me and tell me to wake up. Trust me i sent the other people with the other ambulances and i took the two Camaro owners to the hospital myself so we could cry together. The only good news, if any, to come out of this... They are both future 2010 camaro owners! Both have already ordered and, now aren't so patiently, waiting there new cars.

Sad sad night... A moment of silence for the fallen...