Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-01-2015, 09:44 AM   #15
Stittville Ed

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Great looking work!!!!!!!!
Unless you can have them made in China your price will be higher than most people would like to pay.
I myself think your price is very good vs what it will do, and the fact that you wold have them and most other people would not.
Looking cool has always been expensive.

I also like your Police Flasher
If you could do the LED's in yellow and blue if the price was right you could put in in your glove box for emergency use.

My son is a EE,ME and CE who worked for Indy Car teams and writing the code for some of the things they did would make him a little crazy.........
So I kind of know how much work and effort you put into this.

Very nice job!!!!!!!!!
Stittville Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:54 AM   #16
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Under no circumstances outsource it, slap a "100% made in America" stamp on it. $350 is more than reasonable. Nothing on the market compares nor could come close, great job.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:54 AM   #17
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stittville Ed View Post
Great looking work!!!!!!!!
Unless you can have them made in China your price will be higher than most people would like to pay.
I myself think your price is very good vs what it will do, and the fact that you wold have them and most other people would not.
Looking cool has always been expensive.

I also like your Police Flasher
If you could do the LED's in yellow and blue if the price was right you could put in in your glove box for emergency use.

My son is a EE,ME and CE who worked for Indy Car teams and writing the code for some of the things they did would make him a little crazy.........
So I kind of know how much work and effort you put into this.

Very nice job!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! Yeah. It's been a project. That's for sure.

I never thought about the flasher being used for emergency use. That's an interesting idea. The flashers would be pretty cheap on their own to produce. Maybe I'll come up with a couple different versions of those if I get some time. Could be battery powered, different colored LED's, flash patterns, etc. Hmmm....
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:55 AM   #18
snymat68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Under no circumstances outsource it, slap a "100% made in America" stamp on it. $350 is more than reasonable. Nothing on the market compares nor could come close, great job.
Wouldn't even think of outsourcing it.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
Old 05-01-2015, 07:57 PM   #19
Red Jewel RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
+1
Awesome work!!
That looks a million times better than the other ones I've seen.
Red Jewel RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:28 PM   #20
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Well done man .
One thing you may think on doing , is to look into find someone that may be able to have it presented to automakers , who knows ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:40 PM   #21
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Keep it up, I didn't read it all but I looked at the pics and you did one fine job at making a great product keep up the good work and hope you put it in production one day. Being an upcoming programmer I know how what it means by creating your own product on your own time.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:31 PM   #22
snymat68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Keep it up, I didn't read it all but I looked at the pics and you did one fine job at making a great product keep up the good work and hope you put it in production one day. Being an upcoming programmer I know how what it means by creating your own product on your own time.
Thanks
Aesthetic Mods
Old 05-04-2015, 08:27 AM   #23
snymat68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Have you considered somewhat of a DIY kit...
This is actually the reason I designed this to use predominately through hole components.

If I were to offer a pre-built kit that someone could buy and install, I could probably get the cost down by switching to surface mount components and shrinking the footprint.

Another source of value-added cost that I forgot to mention before, is that I designed this unit to have over voltage (transient), reverse voltage, and over current protection. I'm not sure how many other products on the market have protection against adverse conditions, but I know Tru-Sequence can take a hit and keep on blinking.
Aesthetic Mods
Old 05-04-2015, 08:58 AM   #24
alssiri

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Great effort & nicly done

Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Forged 376 CI, LSA HeartBeat, Mast Medium Bore Heads & JDP ZLR Cam, ARH LT , MagnaFlow Resonated X + Borla Atak Catback, ADM 102mm Snout, CAI, NW102MM TB, ID850, Fore Triple Fuel Pump, MSD Wire's, Moroso CC.
Alky Control, FIICHILLER.
alssiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:20 AM   #25
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
looks awesome as hell man, great job!
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:30 PM   #26
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
WOW that's INSANE.

Let us know when they're available and how much you would charge.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:50 PM   #27
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
awesome job brutha... Wish i had talent like that - heres an additional challenge: can you incorporate the third brake light into the same sequencing? just a thought....
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:13 PM   #28
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Outstanding job!

Tags
brakes, controller, sequential, tail light, turn signals